• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
People don’t want to work 60 hours a week... what don’t you understand ??? Especially at a job that’s so labor intensive as this...you think this is ok??
I know plenty of guys who want 60 hours a week. When we got the bump to 70/8 for peak they were all whooping it up and high fiving.

Coldworld

I know plenty of guys who want 60 hours a week. When we got the bump to 70/8 for peak they were all whooping it up and high fiving.
As a whole workgroup I don’t think that is the norm.. but as always ymmv.... would be interesting to take a nationwide poll to really see what percentage wants what...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
As a whole workgroup I don’t think that is the norm.. but as always ymmv.... would be interesting to take a nationwide poll to really see what percentage wants what...
Don't get me wrong, I don't want 60 at least not on the regular. But I've known since day one that the company could work me for 60 if they wanted to.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Feels like a 1 in 8 thing to me. Even then, most tend to still get bitter after 12 hours since sleeping is a thing.

Future

Victory Ride
I would have quadruple the pension that @Future has.
E5D63971-EF89-4838-91D0-0F16DA9610B5.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

The older you are getting any overtime is the least of your considerations. Being healthy and having time with family and outside interests is number one on my list. Eight and Skate is the best, if you have to get 20 or 30 hours of overtime you my friend have issues. That is a young man's game, eventually you will see, just listen to your body and your family, time waits for no one.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If they really want it to pass all they have to do is include a signing bonus of say $500 for FT $250 for PT. All the people who normally can't be bothered to vote at all would come pouring out of the woodwork to vote yes just to get the money.
Lmfboooooo! 500?? So you want to give me one day pay to pass a piss poor FT killing concession? Which idiot maroon would even think twice about that? You want to give me a signing bonus, you better make it 100,000.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Feeder drivers.... OK.

Package car ?

if you have to get 20 or 30 hours of overtime you my friend have issues.

Around here, if a package car driver has 40 hours by Thursday a lot will call off Friday.

Now if divorce, child support, or alimony is an issue.... it's a different story.

Some don't want to go home. (they know what's waiting for them)

-Bug-

Superteeth2478

Then look back at the post I responded to. You said you would take one of those 22.4 jobs. So why would you say you would take one as it stands, but its a concession. No disrespect, but it sounds like a Hypocrisy.

Also if these jobs are created, I bet you in two years time there are threads posted here where people are chomping at the bit to get one.

I'm one of those who would take one of those 22.4 jobs in a heartbeat, but absolutely wouldn't vote "yes" on a contract that included them. I don't see how one could call that hypocrisy. I can vote "no" on the principle that it weakens the union as a whole to accept such a concession, but can also accept the fact that if we get a subpar contract imposed upon us, there's no reason that I shouldn't take advantage of the positions that it creates. It's not like not accepting a 22.4 position will mean that they'll go away in the next contract...on the contrary, such a concession during times of prosperity for the company means that we'll have a lot more concessions to look forward to in the next contract.