Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Brisket

Your right on that I just like the idea of no forced OT I guess and the pension doesn’t bother me as much because I’m already part time and I’ve been trying to plan my retirement around my part time pension and part time wage 401k along with my lawn service on the side

Matty???? Is that you?!? Lol

J/k

Last edited:

Blackstream

Nobody wants to work for it anymore.
I think a lot of people do want to work for it, they just don't want to work the excessive overtime many fulltimers have to work right now. I'd prefer the happy medium between too few hours with PTers getting 25-30, and too many hours with FTers getting 50-60.

Not that I've had the option to go full time inside yet anyways, even after 8 years. But fixing excessive overtime is still on my list of issues I'm watching out for this contract because I'd like to go full time someday.

MDX91

A 22.4 employee starting out at 27 an hour and tipping out a buck an hour over a 22.3 position is such a deal breaker. This is a potential 6,000 more full-time jobs. Tuesday through Saturday and Sunday through Sunday. What is reasonable? I'm all ears...

Starting at $27? Ending a dollar over 22.3? What does 22.3 max out at? I thought I read on some news article that it would be starting at $15. On a seperate note, this kind of :censored2: happens when a company that is owned by employees sells itself out to shareholders. Also, :censored2: the union.

I think a lot of people do want to work for it, they just don't want to work the excessive overtime many fulltimers have to work right now. I'd prefer the happy medium between too few hours with PTers getting 25-30, and too many hours with FTers getting 50-60.

Not that I've had the option to go full time inside yet anyways, even after 8 years. But fixing excessive overtime is still on my list of issues I'm watching out for this contract because I'd like to go full time someday.
If you go full time, expect to work a lot of hours

Blackstream

If you go full time, expect to work a lot of hours
I do... I just hope that a lot in the future means 10 hour days and not 12 hour days. Maybe that's a pipe dream now, but I remember a time it wasn't even in the short time I've been here, and I'd like to see a return to those days. Strong 9.5 language would probably would go a long way here if a better solution can't be found.

dogs.bite.me

Not paying top driver rate is a bad deal but the way I see it is if you deliver for 4 hrs and go in the hub on the bulk belt or yard shift for 4 more hrs with out OT being forced that’s not that bad. If there’s a strong language stating anything over 4 hrs on road will result in to driver pay for the remainder of the day then that’s a good deal. And maybe a full time pension

I'd even be glad if they treated it like TCD. Bump their rate to 85% of driver pay if they are over 4 on road.