Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Tony Q

I'm one of those who would take one of those 22.4 jobs in a heartbeat, but absolutely wouldn't vote "yes" on a contract that included them. I don't see how one could call that hypocrisy. I can vote "no" on the principle that it weakens the union as a whole to accept such a concession, but can also accept the fact that if we get a subpar contract imposed upon us, there's no reason that I shouldn't take advantage of the positions that it creates. It's not like not accepting a 22.4 position will mean that they'll go away in the next contract...on the contrary, such a concession during times of prosperity for the company means that we'll have a lot more concessions to look forward to in the next contract.
I like how you laid that out there and thank you for your perspective.

Tony Q

The membership in the south is actually pretty stong numbers wise even though it's RTW.

My hub only has 2 drivers non union, and a few local sort not union. Everyone else signs up.
That kind of solidarity is great to hear about. I hope I didn't offend you in any way with my statement about Southern locals in right to work states. I know that there are some of the best union brothers and sisters in the Teamsters in these regions.

Tony Q

Starting at $27? Ending a dollar over 22.3? What does 22.3 max out at? I thought I read on some news article that it would be starting at $15. On a seperate note, this kind of :censored2: happens when a company that is owned by employees sells itself out to shareholders. Also, :censored2: the union.
Those news articles are full of poop. Believe me when I tell you this. You know ten times more than them on the interworking of the teamsters, the contract, and the root of most of the negotiations. These articles are there because of the sheer magnitude of the STORY of a STRIKE. This is a huge bargaining unit.

Tony Q

Right, what do you think is gonna happen to ft drivers regarding workload and harassment if this goes through?

But the computer said it was a four hour planned day...
Obviously I don't have a crystal ball, but I can definitely see UPS trying to use it to screw us. I know that we will most assuredly have language to limit this, but everyone know that once the ink is dry UPS already has plans to beat the new system.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
so workload and production harassment for FT drivers should decrease.
Hahahahahahahahahahaa
you-must-be-new-here-willy-wonka.jpg

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Why would anyone want this job. 4 hrs in the hub. 8hrs driving at a lower rate. Am i right No overtime because its a different classification? Like when you driver help. 12hr days. No way they are sending you out with 4hrs of work. Anyone who thinks otherwise are sheep.

Why would anyone want this job. 4 hrs in the hub. 8hrs driving at a lower rate. Am i right No overtime because its a different classification? Like when you driver help. 12hr days. No way they are sending you out with 4hrs of work. Anyone who thinks otherwise are sheep.
I'm voting no in any kind of language like that

Box Ox

Problem is that it’ll still seem like a gold mine to part timers who’ve been barely making anything working a few hours a day for peanuts.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If it's a full time job combined 22.4. There's no way you wouldn't get OT over 8. 22.3 get OT over 8.

dogs.bite.me

That kind of solidarity is great to hear about. I hope I didn't offend you in any way with my statement about Southern locals in right to work states. I know that there are some of the best union brothers and sisters in the Teamsters in these regions.
I don't even know who you are. I take these message boards with a grain of salt. Unless it's @Gumby

Box Ox

Well that would require all new trucks because you know they aren’t going to retrofit the current ones for all the modifications that they need for a drone. Lol

And they'd have to do a lot better than what's shown in this corny ass PR video before a rollout.