Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

DirtySouth

I call BS. There is no way the teamsters would invent a job like that. That has to be the work of the UPS negotiators, not ours

I wish it was BS. I saw it and confirmed it with someone on the National Negotiating Committee.

This is what happens when we get political hacks in jobs like Package Division Director and they craft their own proposals. And then they proceed to meet with the company, constantly, on their own while the rest of the committee stares at each other all day in another room.

542thruNthru

I wish it was BS.

This is what happens when we get political hacks in jobs like Package Division Director and they craft their own proposals. And then they proceed to meet with the company, constantly, on their own while the rest of the committee stares at each other all day in another room.

And where did you get this info?

Hethatbeking

I'm number 1 on the seniority list in my center so this won't affect me. I have never worked a Saturday in 36 years at UPS and I certainly will never work a Sunday. Looking out for my fellow Teamsters just starting out. Maybe it's time WE change the times and let our members spend some time with their families.
Agreed! I'm new to UPS, drove with FDX Express for almost ten years and I was absolutely appalled by the hours UPS drivers are expected to work. I spent the first 6 months wondering aloud, "Is this what's considered a unionized job?"

Last edited:

bowhnterdon

What does it matter who proposed it. Hoffa and Taylor have sold premium pay down the river. Ups will abuse this to the max. Really hard to believe what has happened to the union the last 5 years. I would love to hear Hoffa supporters defend this, if in fact that is the language ..

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Actually, that was in the employer proposal. Sorry, got my wires crossed. The union counter is 25% of a center's staffing can be hybrids.
That's still a high percentage.

That means full timers will work 12 hours Monday and Tuesday. Then the hybrid drivers will be working 12 hour days Wednesday through Friday. Keeping full timers under 9.5. The hybrids are going to be abused like redheaded step children. All in the hopes to one day make it to full time package. It's going to make the wait for full time even longer.

542thruNthru

What does it matter who proposed it. Hoffa and Taylor have sold premium pay down the river. Ups will abuse this to the max. Really hard to believe what has happened to the union the last 5 years. I would love to hear Hoffa supporters defend this, if in fact that is the language ..

Oh the supporters will just tell us how we need to quit whining because we need to be able to compete with FedEx and Amazon.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Isn’t one of the reasons folks joined unions back in the day because of the 40 hour work week and weekends off

If there is a need for folks to work on Sunday so be it

But, if ya wanna play ya gotta pay
The problem with Saturday and Sunday deliveries is stop density and packages per stop.

35years

Gravy route
I am so happy that those now high school kids who will work at UPS for less than 6 months and never again work at a Teamster job.

Good thing we are taking care of them and not long term Teamsters (full and part time) who have faithfully paid monthly dues for years.

Yep, big victory for the working man.
Yep, no concessions as my Local rep on the national negotiating committee claims.

35years

Gravy route
Actually, that was in the employer proposal. Sorry, got my wires crossed. The union counter is 25% of a center's staffing can be hybrids.
Should have countered with...
Hybrids make full driver wage, benefits, 9.5 and all other protection, can not displace regular drivers, can not cover vacations, and will not exceed 10% of the center workforce except for peak. If regular drivers are laid off they can bump hybrids, even on days which are not a regular driver's shift.. All overtime and extra work needs to be offered to regular drivers before hybrids.

Hybrids are so UPS can be flexible, cover weekend work etc. Hybrids should in no way displace regular drivers or their work.

bowhnterdon

Should have countered with...
Hybrids make full driver wage, benefits, 9.5 and all other protection, can not displace regular drivers, can not cover vacations, and will not exceed 10% of the center workforce except for peak. If regular drivers are laid off they can bump hybrids, even on days which are not a regular driver's shift.. All overtime and extra work needs to be offered to regular drivers before hybrids.

Hybrids are so UPS can be flexible, cover weekend work etc. Hybrids should in no way displace regular drivers or their work.
We all agree on that, but Ups is already planning the exodus of top rate drivers...

PT Car Washer

Since it would not effect current FT package delivery drivers or Feeder drivers I see it passing. Everyone agrees package delivery is a terrible job.