Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

MAKAVELI

Banned
I don't know why you guys don't do it like FedEx. We have part-time drivers make the same wage but only guarantee half the hours. And they normally work Tuesday through Saturday. I bet you get a lot of inside part-timers jump at that.

Coldworld

So what you are saying is you're ok with a two tier pay scale?

Yes going to 30 from 12 is life changing we all know that. Being stuck at 85% of top scale is just wrong. Also watch how many route are dissolved for good because of these 22.4. If they want more drivers then hire more FT drivers or Cover drivers.
It’s never cut and dry with ups... they will manipulate everything they can with this language.... look what they did with surepost... it went from taking some Smalls to the post office to taking almost everything from certain accounts in a masher to the post office...

brown_trousers

I believe the 22.4 would do combo work in the building 3 days a week and deliver packages Saturday and sunday.
If that is the case, it is pretty much the same thing as our part time saturday air drivers, but with better wages.

If they are limited to only delivering on weekends, i would vote yes

PT Car Washer

I would have liked that back when i was a pt saturday air driver. but i consider it unrealistic
Saturday air and air exception used to only pay $10.50/hr. Now it pays $28.64/hr and top driver rate if you deliver or pick up ground packages. Some weeks a PT air driver can gross $2k or more. All during Peak and most of the heavy vacation weeks in the summer.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
22.4's (as proposed) can be used to deliver ground for all hours worked @ 22.3 pay rate; splitting hours between the hub and ground delivery is NOT required.

They can be used to deliver on weekends (less of an issue with this, but bid out Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat routes instead).

They are not eligible for 9.5 protection.

Two year progression.

Up to a 1.5 hour lunch if it includes inside work.

Hybrids can be up to 50% of a center's staffing.

This was all in the UNION PROPOSAL. This is what a two tier contract proposal looks like.
This is insane to me.

The fact that our union proposed this is absolutely criminal.

They essentially said ok 4 year progression isn't enough let's make progression permanent.

I'm already picturing myself getting kicked out of a union meeting if this trash is recommended for a yes vote.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We should be rolling back past concessions. Starting with the 4 year progression.
Company making record profits.....check

Company dealing with record volume....check

Company just got a large tax windfall...check

The future looks extremely bright for the small package shipping industry across the board......check

CEO just got a massive raise....check

10% dividend raise.....check

Labor pool to fill in during a strike is basically non existent....check

Unions that recently went on strike had strong public support.....check

Membership is fed up and willing to stand strong together....check.

All of this working in our favor and here we are looking at possibly the biggest concession ever

542thruNthru

The future looks extremely bright for the small package shipping industry across the board......check

All of this working in our favor and here we are looking at possibly the biggest concession ever

Part of me feels that the union is counting on the PT vote this contract. Give them a big pay bump and dangle FT in their face and watch them jump all over it without thinking of the future.

Not realizing this 22.4 will probably slow FT driver hirings to a crawl. We are at a 10 year wait time here. I honestly believe this will make it at least 15 maybe even close to 20.

Coldworld

Nothing is worth a two tiered driver workforce.

Also we are in the strongest position we've been in negotiating wise in decades. Concession shouldn't even be in their vocalbulary this contract.

Coldworld

Part of me feels that the union is counting on the PT vote this contract. Give them a big pay bump and dangle FT in their face and watch them jump all over it without thinking of the future.

Not realizing this 22.4 will probably slow FT driver hirings to a crawl. We are at a 10 year wait time here. I honestly believe this will make it at least 15 maybe even close to 20.
How is that even possible... 10 years??? On the west coast they are hiring drivers after a short amount of time and feeder drivers after 1 year of package car....wonder how much of your wait is from working drivers 11 hours a day and from surepost which was a total job killer which to this day most people don’t understand...