Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

PT Car Washer

From what i heard it will be roughly 4 hours of preload, then 4 hours of deliveries. Local sort would be 4 hours delivery then 4 hours of package handling. But i know the company will twist this language somehow. Just what ive heard personally at my local.
If the planning and staffing was right this is the way it should work. Of course if the company is short delivery drivers you would be forced to delver only for up to 14 hours a day or 70 hours a week. And if the company is fat on FT drivers you would be forced to double on the sorts.

unloady

From what i heard it will be roughly 4 hours of preload, then 4 hours of deliveries. Local sort would be 4 hours delivery then 4 hours of package handling. But i know the company will twist this language somehow. Just what ive heard personally at my local.
If the planning and staffing was right this is the way it should work. Of course if the company is short delivery drivers you would be forced to delver only for up to 14 hours a day or 70 hours a week. And if the company is fat on FT drivers you would be forced to double on the sorts.

This is the problem. Making "hybrid" drivers run full routes at a lower pay. I understand that this will give countless employees fulltime hours, that it will undermine the normal full time driver posistion of $37 an hour.

unloady

The issue is that many part timers are desperate for full time work to pay the bills and are tired of workinh two or three jobs to survive and would vote for this.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If anyone has ever worked here they know the “planning and staffing “ will never be “right”. We were told about a month ago stops per car we’re going down the on time network would be in full effect.... yeah. Ok.

DoctorMario

Yeah I can see the huge problem this will cause. On the surface it looks good as it will make new full time positions, but hybrid drivers will be treated unfairly.

PT Car Washer

Yeah I can see the huge problem this will cause. On the surface it looks good as it will make new full time positions, but hybrid drivers will be treated unfairly.
Hybrid drivers will still have to meet the same qualifications as a FT driver. At my building we can't hire enough qualified drivers at the current pay rate. And the new ones that did qualify are getting burned out by Saturday ground and 200+ stops the rest of the week. All for $18.75/hr.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I think hybrids is a :censored2:ing load of garbage, the union claims their for fair and equal wages. This proposal is only trying to eliminate full time driver hours at a cheaper rate. What is sad is if the company does not get hybrids they will get the 70hr rule and burn out current in progression drivers to do the same. Any contract I see with both proposals in it will be a NO vote for me and many others.

35years

Gravy route
I think hybrids is a :censored2:ing load of garbage, the union claims their for fair and equal wages. This proposal is only trying to eliminate full time driver hours at a cheaper rate. What is sad is if the company does not get hybrids they will get the 70hr rule and burn out current in progression drivers to do the same. Any contract I see with both proposals in it will be a NO vote for me and many others.
70 hours does not have to be in the contract to implement.

Specific wording in the contract to prohibit 60+ hours needs to be inserted to stop it.

Dr.Brownz

The company will try for 14 hours of deliveries and 8 hours of inside work on Fridays so you can still get your 34 hour reset in time for mondays! Just watch.

Blackstream

The company will try for 14 hours of deliveries and 8 hours of inside work on Fridays so you can still get your 34 hour reset in time for mondays! Just watch.

This is what I'm most afraid of UPS trying to accomplish. Legally solve the 60 hour limitation for drivers in basically the scummiest way possible. Good job, you busted out 60 hours for us this week driving. Now enjoy working inside the hub for the rest of the week at half your rate while you're butt ass tired.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

From what I can see here, the company wants to create a hybrid driving position. I’m not going to go into detail about what that is I think we all know already. Obviously what will happen is that these hybrid drivers will only ever drive, will most likely work weekends and that the company will try its hardest to manipulate volume to take away our overtime and pass it onto them for half the cost. Now my take on this is that the full timers and the union have been giving the shaft to the part timers for so long that UPS has figured they can offer a few dollars an hour more and full time hours to the PTs at the expense of giving more to the FTs and pocketing the savings and the union doesn’t care because they will have thousands of new FTs paying dues. Now should the fat cat full timers be surprised that the chickens have come home to roost? Outnumbered 1,000-1?