Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How is that even possible... 10 years??? On the west coast they are hiring drivers after a short amount of time and feeder drivers after 1 year of package car....wonder how much of your wait is from working drivers 11 hours a day and from surepost which was a total job killer which to this day most people don’t understand...
Yeah haven't heard a word about any new surepost language.

Brownslave688

Part of me feels that the union is counting on the PT vote this contract. Give them a big pay bump and dangle FT in their face and watch them jump all over it without thinking of the future.

Not realizing this 22.4 will probably slow FT driver hirings to a crawl. We are at a 10 year wait time here. I honestly believe this will make it at least 15 maybe even close to 20.
I'm just sitting here in awe hoping it's not true at this point.

542thruNthru

How is that even possible... 10 years??? On the west coast they are hiring drivers after a short amount of time and feeder drivers after 1 year of package car....wonder how much of your wait is from working drivers 11 hours a day and from surepost which was a total job killer which to this day most people don’t understand...

We have Cover Drivers. Which to be honest is pretty much a 22.4. They are technically PT but work FT hours year round. No 9.5 protection or hour 8 requests. They are paid 85% of top scale.

This is why we have such a long wait. Now imagine also adding 22.4 on top of that. These people that think it's a good idea have no idea what they are getting themselves into.

MAKAVELI

Banned
Depends where on the west coast you are. SoCal probably not hiring FT as much as NorCal.

Brownslave688

We have Cover Drivers. Which to be honest is pretty much a 22.4. They are technically PT but work FT hours year round. No 9.5 protection or hour 8 requests. They are paid 85% of top scale.

This is why we have such a long wait. Now imagine also adding 22.4 on top of that. These people that think it's a good idea have no idea what they are getting themselves into.
Ugh TCD should be eliminated. We get by just fine with only ft drivers here

CoolStoryBro

How do you handle vacation, disability,FMLA? Do they lay drivers off?

NO TCD where I am at on the west coast. 100% full time drivers. We have about 25 drivers who do not have bid routes. Some days there might be 1 or 2 guys on lay off. But that is rare because there are always 5-10 drivers who would fist fight for a day off. When there are not enough drivers then everyone gets 10-11 hour dispatches. Or more.

542thruNthru

NO TCD where I am at on the west coast. 100% full time drivers. We have about 25 drivers who do not have bid routes. Some days there might be 1 or 2 guys on lay off. But that is rare because there are always 5-10 drivers who would fist fight for a day off. When there are not enough drivers then everyone gets 10-11 hour dispatches. Or more.

We never have any FT drivers on layoff. Very rarely do we have Cover Drivers sent back into the building to load.

Brownslave688

We never have any FT drivers on layoff. Very rarely do we have Cover Drivers sent back into the building to load.
This really just depends on the center and staffing. Allowing drivers to split 2 weeks of vacation has left us overstaffed. We have very few weeks (maybe 10-12) total that are maxed out with guys taking vacation.

Hellobrown2000

He lives in CA. The wait time everywhere there is that long.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
No PT cover drivers at my building. Although PT and Art 22.3 air drivers are worked like cover drivers most of the year. But at least at top driver rate.

Same here.

We forced the company to do it, because they weren't "exhausting all means" to cover

the work. When it appeared they were tying to abuse it.... we put a stop to it, except in all

"act of God" type situations. They came back with wanting to wave the 6 month employment

language. No problem. Part-timers coming out of the hubs now are still slim pickings.

-Bug-

We have cover drivers. I'm a cover driver but Day 31 I was a full time driver and started progression.

Yeah we have layoffs from time to time.
Many places don’t have cover drivers like that. only ft drivers. Here “cover driver “ only means you have no bid route.

Pizza

Joe Biden is The Big Guy
PT TCD's here. 85% of top and you keep that when moving to FT. 156 reports as a TCD and a FT must be added.

We do not use seasonal's like I here some talk about.

Brownslave688

PT TCD's here. 85% of top and you keep that when moving to FT. 156 reports as a TCD and a FT must be added.

We do not use seasonal's like I here some talk about.
The keeping the 85% is about the only upside I see. Which wouldn't be a huge deal if they had kept progression length in check.

DoctorMario

So from what I gather a hybrid driver would be a full time position in which you would work as a package handler some days and deliver packages on the others? When you have to make deliveries it would be mostly on the weekends. Is this accurate? Thx in advance.

unloady

From what i heard it will be roughly 4 hours of preload, then 4 hours of deliveries. Local sort would be 4 hours delivery then 4 hours of package handling. But i know the company will twist this language somehow. Just what ive heard personally at my local.