Do you believe the 22.4 hybrid will pass on this contract

• YES

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • NO

Votes: 38 62.3%

• Total voters

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Sounds like you load your own truck and then take out maybe 70-90 stops if you’re running tight residentials.
That's the idea
but you might end up doing preload for 1 hour and then taking %75 or even all of the usual stops, and delivering at a lower rate.
Basically the contract for 22.4 has to close a ton of loopholes in order to maintain normal driver rate when people are driving.

22.4 could be a dream come true if you got insider rate for preload ($26) and then driver rate ($34) when you go out, so it would be a split wage double shift, essentially.

CoolStoryBro

I bet the 22.4 drivers will have a crazy schedule. something like delivering 11-14 hours on saturday and sunday. then work preload Monday- wednesday. And get about 40 hours per week. LOL. New preloaders will be scheduled thursday- Sunday.

rod

Retired 23 years
A few contracts down the road they will have all of you replaced with cheaper help-----and you deserve it if you don't stand up now and stop this BS. The writing is on the wall people--wake up.

Heffalump

This is what I'm most afraid of UPS trying to accomplish. Legally solve the 60 hour limitation for drivers in basically the scummiest way possible. Good job, you busted out 60 hours for us this week driving. Now enjoy working inside the hub for the rest of the week at half your rate while you're butt ass tired.
Anything over 8 hrs for hybrid drivers should be quadruple time.

DOK

From what i heard it will be roughly 4 hours of preload, then 4 hours of deliveries. Local sort would be 4 hours delivery then 4 hours of package handling. But i know the company will twist this language somehow. Just what ive heard personally at my local.
If the planning and staffing was right this is the way it should work. Of course if the company is short delivery drivers you would be forced to delver only for up to 14 hours a day or 70 hours a week. And if the company is fat on FT drivers you would be forced to double on the sorts.

Don’t you think they’ll try to shift all the ground work to these hybrid drivers? Is there a limit to how many they can hire?

Slacker45

Apparently this was trashed. I still have a lot of reading to do. If anyone wants to correct me, or point me to another big "No" issue please do.

But yeah, from the email I just got no hybrid driver problem. Not happy with the pt pay increase however

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Apparently this was trashed. I still have a lot of reading to do. If anyone wants to correct me, or point me to another big "No" issue please do.

But yeah, from the email I just got no hybrid driver problem. Not happy with the pt pay increase however
14DF1396-6EB3-4784-994F-2D1A59FEAB4A.jpeg

What email are you getting?! Dude, come on!

Box Ox

A few contracts down the road they will have all of you replaced with cheaper help-----and you deserve it if you don't stand up now and stop this BS. The writing is on the wall people--wake up.

1000%. Negotiation/weak contract apologists are playing checkers while the Company is playing chess.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
The Union has :censored2:ED US! Any idiot here who does not think there will be more 22.4's than regular drivers within 3 years should have there *&^%s cut off.

Hoffa got on his knees and serviced everyone in Atlanta. UPS will replace every top wage driver with a driver who tops out at $30/hour.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Here's a :censored2:ING thought, JUST HIRE MORE FULL TIME DRIVERS SO WE ALL DON'T HAVE THE EXCESSIVE OVERTIME! Union gets more dues and we all get to see our families other than on Sundays!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The Union has :censored2:ED US! Any idiot here who does not think there will be more 22.4's than regular drivers within 3 years should have there *&^%s cut off.

Hoffa got on his knees and serviced everyone in Atlanta. UPS will replace every top wage driver with a driver who tops out at $30/hour.
Damn!
I might have stayed on if I had known!

How you been Benben?