Ac in pkg car

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
1401.gif

SmithBarney

Every little bit helps, driving the 700-900s at fedex even a little of the AC is a nice reprieve, I could see how a downtown route in a UPS truck it would be worthless(I use to run one at UPS)

AC definitely is nice, today had a nice 25 minute stem to area... got out and my glasses fogged up..

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
With record profits , why give up anything? Don't bother replying with the no voting bs.

Do you understand the economics of running a business and how Union

contract negotiations work ? As repetitious as my rhetoric on the whole nobody

cares because they don't bother to vote.... is the same as the "record profits" BS.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I drove a W900 (FedEx) that came new w/ AC for a full summer with the door open, running an ave of 125 stops. AC in a pkg car works. All of the new FedEx trucks come with AC from sprinters to the 900's. It is cheaper to buy w AC than have it taken out. UPS is stupid thinking they are saving money.
Those FedEx W700's and W900's A/C get so clogged with dust that they become nonfunctional in less than a year. FedEx trucks are also primarily white, reflecting heat. They have only a center row roof made of fiberglas, limiting solar heat gain. A/C repairs on these units are low priority, and getting the parts takes weeks. The solar heat gain in the Sprinters, due to the massive windshield, makes the A/C ineffective if there is no mileage between stops.
Sprinters DO, however, have a POWER ROOF VENT in the cargo area that, left on constantly, has a major impact on the ambient temperature. Simple, effective, cost-efficient.

Here ya go, Teamsters. Something worth negotiating.

KoennenTiger

Those FedEx W700's and W900's A/C get so clogged with dust that they become nonfunctional in less than a year. FedEx trucks are also primarily white, reflecting heat. They have only a center row roof made of fiberglas, limiting solar heat gain. A/C repairs on these units are low priority, and getting the parts takes weeks. The solar heat gain in the Sprinters, due to the massive windshield, makes the A/C ineffective if there is no mileage between stops.
Sprinters DO, however, have a POWER ROOF VENT in the cargo area that, left on constantly, has a major impact on the ambient temperature. Simple, effective, cost-efficient.

Here ya go, Teamsters. Something worth negotiating.

We shouldn't have to negotiate for it. UPS should be installing them to increase our production and willingness to remain in the back of the truck looking for rando orion packages and doing our bulk stops and PU. Less heat means I won't have to take extra breaks inside businesses to cool down.

Integrity

Binge Poster
We shouldn't have to negotiate for it. UPS should be installing them to increase our production and willingness to remain in the back of the truck looking for rando orion packages and doing our bulk stops and PU. Less heat means I won't have to take extra breaks inside businesses to cool down.
Well said.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I totally agree. How has waiting for UPS to do the right thing worked?

You pay the Teamsters to represent you. Make them earn their pay.