Air conditioning

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Agree but that's where common sense and judgement comes in. What is the area like? How long are you going to be away from the truck?
And what happens when your judgment doesent lineup with your bosses or maybe he’s just got a hard on for you

You must be new as you obviously don’t understand how these :censored2:s operate

drenched

And what happens when your judgment doesent lineup with your bosses or maybe he’s just got a hard on for you

You must be new as you obviously don’t understand how these :censored2:s operate
I get that u basically have to work as directed. Check out my earlier post #42. I was saying it would be common sense for management to give drivers discretion with the bulkhead door when its hot.

This started as a thread about us wanting ac. Some of us don't believe it would do all that much good. I was just saying that I believe being able to leave the bulkhead door open would be helpful and be low risk for safety and security jmho

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I deliver in a ton of gated communities that are safe during the summer. I leave my bulkhead open during deliveries. Security be damned. There's also times I'll just open the rear door for a few minutes and sit to let it air out with a nice breeze while I'm sitting under a nearby tree.
We’ve all done this.

UnionStrong

they should be

the govt certainly regulates the climate systems in cars no doubt, but the regulations are too weak
0214B960-B1F6-460A-9F6D-FE65696A74DB.gif

drenched

the govt certainly regulates the climate systems in cars no doubt, but the regulations are too weak
I get it that we won't all agree if putting a.c. in package cars is worth it

But one thing we should all agree is there's no such thing as a free lunch. Everything costs something.

Money the company spends on cooling is money no longer available for our pay checks Maybe that's a good trade off or maybe not...

But I would rather the company and union negotiate this issue with our input than some government agency say you have to put in a.c. Again remember there's no free lunch.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I get that u basically have to work as directed. Check out my earlier post #42. I was saying it would be common sense for management to give drivers discretion with the bulkhead door when its hot.

This started as a thread about us wanting ac. Some of us don't believe it would do all that much good. I was just saying that I believe being able to leave the bulkhead door open would be helpful and be low risk for safety and security jmho

Do you think thieves are only in the ghetto?

rickyb

I get it that we won't all agree if putting a.c. in package cars is worth it

But one thing we should all agree is there's no such thing as a free lunch. Everything costs something.

Money the company spends on cooling is money no longer available for our pay checks Maybe that's a good trade off or maybe not...

But I would rather the company and union negotiate this issue with our input than some government agency say you have to put in a.c. Again remember there's no free lunch.
unions and companies frequently come up with worse deals for workers than if the govt just made it law

for example, ive never gotten 5 weeks paid vacation in my life even though ive worked many union jobs

why is this?

because unlike EU / australia, there is no law here saying workers get 5 weeks paid vacation. its left to the market, and the market sucks.

pkgdriver

Yep the fans help.
It's a safety issue with keeping the packages in the cargo area.
Yep two accidents in my center over the years because of package and a hand truck flying into the cab. Nothing major ,1st broke the shifter and killed a mail box, the other tore up a lawn/shrubs

UnionStrong

Yep the fans help.

Yep two accidents in my center over the years because of package and a hand truck flying into the cab. Nothing major ,1st broke the shifter and killed a mail box, the other tore up a lawn/shrubs
I had an item or two fly out the door over the years.

pkgdriver

The first incident I mentioned. When this guy retired a couple guys finagled a shifter stick from our cool mechanics. They spray painted it gold and gave it to him at his retirement.

rod

Retired 23 years
I left the rear door of my loaded to the max P-800 wide open from the building to my first stop----33 miles away one morning. That wasn't one of my better moves. Apparently the first things that fell out about a block from my center was a complete set of about 6 "Cow Boxes" (Gateway computer stuff. Some good Samaritan heading to UPS picked them out of the middle of the street and returned them to the UPS building.

UnionStrong

I left the rear door of my loaded to the max P-800 wide open from the building to my first stop----33 miles away one morning. That wasn't one of my better moves.
I’ve done that. Got to my pickup and opened the bulkhead, I about :censored2: myself. Lucky it was end of day and hardly anything was in it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

I had a 5 gallon can of white paint come sliding out the bulkhead door when I slammed the brakes on in an old p-400. hit the dog house lid popped off and I had white enamel everywhere you could imagine
When they finally sent that pos to the crusher the floor in the cab was still white

UnionStrong

I had a 5 gallon can of white paint come sliding out the bulkhead door when I slammed the brakes on in an old p-400. hit the dog house lid popped off and I had white enamel everywhere you could imagine
When they finally sent that pos to the crusher the floor in the cab was still white
That beats my linoleum roll torpedo out the side door to the road. Lol

drenched

Do you think thieves are only in the ghetto?
Of course not. But I believe eaving the bulkhead door open is well worth the risk in most situations as far as security goes and I think the decision is an easy one.

Ups DRs packages and that's a risk. We could ask for a signature at each delivery for security and even go further and require seeing i.d. but what would that add to time and increase cost. Not worth it because risk is low

drenched

unions and companies frequently come up with worse deals for workers than if the govt just made it law

for example, ive never gotten 5 weeks paid vacation in my life even though ive worked many union jobs

why is this?

because unlike EU / australia, there is no law here saying workers get 5 weeks paid vacation. its left to the market, and the market sucks.
I think we would both say that things like osha have their place. I just don't think a.c. in package cars is something I would want osha to get into

Again everything costs. Paid vacations cost.

Money spent on a.c. is money that can't go into our paycheck