Capital Punishment

Do you agree with capital punishment?

• Total voters

BrownArmy

You keep winking like you're making a point...

You keep posting like you have a point.

Almost everything you're saying is incorrect.

Aside from your obvious love of vengeance, capital punishment, by any measure, is an abject failure in the U.S.

Should we continue to defend a failed practice that only costs us money?

BrownArmy

My OPINION is incorrect?? Or do you just not like my opinion?

Look, whatever our opinions are about capital punishment in the U.S., there's a stubborn thing: facts.

The death penalty in the U.S. doesn't stop crime, full stop.

The death penalty in the U.S. is more expensive than 'life in prison', full stop.

Lots of folks on death row are innocent, full stop.

I care about your opinion, but you seem ill-informed.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Look, whatever our opinions are about capital punishment in the U.S., there's a stubborn thing: facts.

The death penalty in the U.S. doesn't stop crime, full stop.

The death penalty in the U.S. is more expensive than 'life in prison', full stop.

Lots of folks on death row are innocent, full stop.

I care about your opinion, but you seem ill-informed.
1. Agree, abolishing capital capital punishment will also not stop crime. (Imo)
2.*opinion alert* 2 bullets and a pine box is ALOT cheaper than the current death row system. I'm saying switch to this.
3. Yes, :censored2: is effed up.
4. I like living in my bubble, doling out opinions and judgments on people. God bless America.

BrownArmy

1. Agree, abolishing capital capital punishment will also not stop crime. (Imo)
2.*opinion alert* 2 bullets and a pine box is ALOT cheaper than the current death row system. I'm saying switch to this.
3. Yes, :censored2: is effed up.
4. I like living in my bubble, doling out opinions and judgments on people. God bless America.

As to 'two bullets and a pine box': I assume you are an outstanding citizen, like I am.

But there's the justice system, where every person is innocent unless/until proven guilty.

If your son was in the wrong place/wrong time, and the cops were looking for a perp, and they nailed your son because they wanted a media win, and the evidence was sketchy, but your son ended up on death row, how would you feel about that?

Happens all the time.

As to number four, thanks for your honesty!

Poop Head

Judge me.
As to 'two bullets and a pine box': I assume you are an outstanding citizen, like I am.

But there's the justice system, where every person is innocent unless/until proven guilty.

If your son was in the wrong place/wrong time, and the cops were looking for a perp, and they nailed your son because they wanted a media win, and the evidence was sketchy, but your son ended up on death row, how would you feel about that?

Happens all the time.

As to number four, thanks for your honesty!
We're white.

Nike

The death penalty in the U.S. doesn't stop crime, full stop..

Poor argument here, I doubt there is a way to stop all crime 100%, if you know of an idea do tell.
We should not eliminate the death penalty, rather use it sparingly.
Some criminals we can wait on, others that pose a serious threat to society should be put down.

BrownArmy

I didn't know you were trying to make one...

I've been clear in this thread about my point:

The death penalty doesn't work, it's counter-productive, it's too expensive, the 'system' does a poor job at convicting the real perps, etc.

Believe me, I want to put a 'bolt gun cattle stunner' to the head of every rapist/child molester/murderer, etc., and then have them put in front of a firing squad.

But that's not how our system works.

If the point is to destroy people that can't be civil, it doesn't help the cause to be entirely uncivil in the process.

BrownArmy

Poor argument here, I doubt there is a way to stop all crime 100%, if you know of an idea do tell.
We should not eliminate the death penalty, rather use it sparingly.
Some criminals we can wait on, others that pose a serious threat to society should be put down.

It's not clear to me that the death penalty reduces crime.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Not a fan of capital punishment.

Aside from my moral objection, the death penalty doesn't seem to deter crime, and ends up being more expensive than 'life in prison'.

What's the point?

Seems to me, life in prison is a worse punishment in either case.
But in prison the lifer may kill another inmate since he has nothing to lose and status to gain .
So you are fine that another may die ?