Car and Bike Talk

sandwich

The resident gearhead
New vehicle prices are absolutely ridiculous. $41k for this basic ass F150.

View attachment 290337

I will never buy new again. Certified pre owned only. CPO’s are only 1 to 2 years old, have extremely low miles, come with better warranties than brand new vehicles and are far cheaper.

back in 2014 I went looking for the new body style crew cab Silverado. They were around $40k.

I was doing the numbers with finance guy on a white one. I step outside to gather myself after looking at the monthly payment. And there is a 2013 CPO crew cab Silverado with 1,700 miles and it was $27k. Same package as the 2014. LT1 pkg, 5.3 V8, 6 speed auto, crew cab short bed with the factory 20’s. Almost half the price and came with a 10 year 100k mile warranty.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
hold tight I’ve got a feeling prices are going to drop like you’ve never seen before
Prices might not drop but incentives, rebates and warranty coverage will explode.

I remember during the recession in 2009 there was a ram dealer near me in Huntington Beach, buy one ram get one free.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
With all this overtime/9.5 money, my side company remaining busy and the economy taking a dump. I’ve been glued to OfferUp and craigslist looking to buy quads and dirt bikes for the family. Toys are about to become dirt cheap.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I will never buy new again. Certified pre owned only. CPO’s are only 1 to 2 years old, have extremely low miles, come with better warranties than brand new vehicles and are far cheaper.

back in 2014 I went looking for the new body style crew cab Silverado. They were around $40k.

I was doing the numbers with finance guy on a white one. I step outside to gather myself after looking at the monthly payment. And there is a 2013 CPO crew cab Silverado with 1,700 miles and it was $27k. Same package as the 2014. LT1 pkg, 5.3 V8, 6 speed auto, crew cab short bed with the factory 20’s. Almost half the price and came with a 10 year 100k mile warranty.
My current vehicle was new but that's probably it for me unless I were to get some kind of super mondo deal.

rod

Retired 23 years
I'm sure it will be blown up to be the worst thing that has ever happened to sports. I bet all the blacks will stop going to NASCAR races-------:-)

oldngray

nowhere special
I agree. I never have got into it and I love other types of racing. I have a number of friends who have attended a NASCAR race and said it was ok but they wouldn't do it again. Too long-too boring.
Its like can you turn left. For 500 miles. Still better than the Formula 1 crap where whoever takes the lead the first turn wins (if they don't blow an engine).

rod

Retired 23 years
Its like can you turn left. For 500 miles. Still better than the Formula 1 crap where whoever takes the lead the first turn wins (if they don't blow an engine).
NASCAR could accomplish the same thing if they would race for 30-40 laps and have a big pileup at the end. :-)