Car and Bike Talk

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Eleven years ago today I earned my motorcycle license on these proving grounds right here. Thought I'd revisit and run the courses again.

20200516_114604.jpg

rod

Retired 23 years
Eleven years ago today I earned my motorcycle license on these proving grounds right here. Thought I'd revisit and run the courses again.

View attachment 295686
I earned my motorcycle license in 1962 or 3 on a 50cc Sears moped. (But I had been riding it for 3 or 4 years before that without one). I still ride my 950 pound Harley bike and my 1200 pound Harley Trike on that same license. :-)

sailfish

I earned my motorcycle license in 1962 or 3 on a 50cc Sears moped. (But I had been riding it for 3 or 4 years before that without one). I still ride my 950 pound Harley bike and my 1200 pound Harley Trike on that same license. :-)
Learned and got licensed on one of PAMSP's Suzuki GZ250's.

sailfish

Wish I had your bike when I had to run this course

Don't be so sure. I thought the Harley touring frames were pretty maneuverable at low speed when I rode them. This thing I'm on is kinda tough with those clip on handlebars and rearsets. Hard to keep in the figure 8 box.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Don't be so sure. I thought the Harley touring frames were pretty maneuverable at low speed when I rode them. This thing I'm on is kinda tough with those clip on handlebars and rearsets. Hard to keep in the figure 8 box.
I would have thought yours would be light and highly maneuverable. The 2000's Electras were heavy and wide. When you are only 5'9" touching the ground was even a chore.

They went to BMWs so they were lighter and more nimble but still...

rod

Retired 23 years
Don't get me wrong, it is. It's just tougher at low speeds because of the control positioning. Put some higher bars on it and it would destroy that course.
I doubt it. First thing you would do is "try" to pop a wheelie on it and end up running into a wall. I've seen you kids in action.