Covid Vaccinations

dmac1

dmac1

Vaccines don't mutate to get around vaccines. They mutate all the time and some of the mutations may get around the vaccine. With trillions of covid virus around, there are going to be more and more mutations that just happen to survive and thrive. Some may be more deadly than Delta, and could wipe out most human life. The more people who go unvaccinated, the more virus will be around, and the more chance of even more serious variants. But the virus is not trying to get around vaccines. The virus is not trying to do anything. Believing that the virus is mutating to get around vaccines is like saying mold slime billions of years ago was trying to mutate so it could someday become human.

dmac1

Really? Have they created new vaccines yet? When was the last time you got a new polio vaccine shot?
Enough people got vaccinated to stop the spread of polio before it could mutate to something more deadly. I remember the long lines at public hospitals with thousands getting the vaccines with basically everyone being vaccinated in just a short time. And they ARE already working on new vaccines that may work even better. Did you think the scientists are just sitting around waiting for a new disease to pop up?

dmac1

Interesting, hadn't heard.
Not surprised you hadn't heard. You believe that getting covid once gives you immunity from future infections. That just is not true. You also believed that ACA insurance had high deductibles when most medical care under the ACA isn't subject to deductibles at all- like annual visits, diagnostic tests, cancer screening, etc, etc, etc. Yet you keep posting.

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

commonly known wrong. I was in high school, and before Nixon ever came into office we were OFF the gold standard.

The government held the $35 per ounce price until August 15, 1971, when President Richard Nixon announced that the United States would no longer convert dollars to gold at a fixed value, thus completely abandoning the gold standard.

wilberforce15

Anti vaxxers believe that if 1 in 1 million die from a vaccine, and 2 in 10,000 die from the disease, they would rather skip the vaccine.
They don't believe that 1 in 1 million die from a vaccine.

They care about statistical probability and are just as proficient. They just don't believe the structures we have in place capture the data accurately.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Anti vaxxers believe that if 1 in 1 million die from a vaccine, and 2 in 10,000 die from the disease, they would rather skip the vaccine.
2 in 10,000 healthy young people are not dying.
And not wanting this vaccine doesn't mean you're antivax.

There are a lot of vaccines that you haven't gotten. Does that mean you're an anti-vaxxer?

vantexan

They don't believe that 1 in 1 million die from a vaccine.

They care about statistical probability and are just as proficient. They just don't believe the structures we have in place capture the data accurately.
Not surprised you hadn't heard. You believe that getting covid once gives you immunity from future infections. That just is not true. You also believed that ACA insurance had high deductibles when most medical care under the ACA isn't subject to deductibles at all- like annual visits, diagnostic tests, cancer screening, etc, etc, etc. Yet you keep posting.
You should check out the last few pages on the Coronavirus thread on the Current Affairs forum. Some good information.

vantexan

Enough people got vaccinated to stop the spread of polio before it could mutate to something more deadly. I remember the long lines at public hospitals with thousands getting the vaccines with basically everyone being vaccinated in just a short time. And they ARE already working on new vaccines that may work even better. Did you think the scientists are just sitting around waiting for a new disease to pop up?
I hope they are. I'm 100% for vaccines with proven efficacy that lasts. You want to characterize people a certain way to discredit them but I think most people want vaccines that are safe and that work. Some of us don't want to just dive right in without long term proof that there aren't possible side effects that might harm us. Most vaccines take 5 years or longer to develop under rigorous testing. That's clearly not the case here and "shut up and just do it already" isn't acceptable for many of us. Plenty of meds have come to market that ended up killing numerous people so why should the vaccines not have the potential to do the same?

It will be fine

I hope they are. I'm 100% for vaccines with proven efficacy that lasts. You want to characterize people a certain way to discredit them but I think most people want vaccines that are safe and that work. Some of us don't want to just dive right in without long term proof that there aren't possible side effects that might harm us. Most vaccines take 5 years or longer to develop under rigorous testing. That's clearly not the case here and "shut up and just do it already" isn't acceptable for many of us. Plenty of meds have come to market that ended up killing numerous people so why should the vaccines not have the potential to do the same?
So you’re an unvaccinated obese diabetic living in Florida, but think the vaccine is too risky? Lol

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Except it’s more like 2 out of every 100
2 out of every 100 healthy young people are not dying.

2 out of every 100 at risk people are not dying, because 80% of that population has been vaccinated.

You're using death statistics from over a year ago before we even knew how to treat this, much less had therapeutics and vaccines.
most of them don’t understand 5th grade math.
Your problem is you're using 5th grade math for a complex statistical risk analysis, and you're not smart enough to realize that your sweeping generalizations are pointless.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Honestly, there's a lot on this site I hope don't get vaccinated. Natural selection at it's finest. If they cannot understand that a vaccine makes you less likely to die, who are we to stop the natural process.
I'm unvaccinated, got COVID and didn't die. Sorry to disappoint.