Covid Vaccinations

floridays

So if you quit you won't void them? What retirement benefits will you void if you get fired but not so if you quit? Like Floridays, I'm curious. Please explain.
I'm only curious because I think none are lost, they are vested benefits, under retirement laws, contract law with out a contact but deemed or considered as contract under laws.

Being fired is the point, under a signed contract is the only way I see benefits maybe lost, there terms are certain.

No vested benefits will be lost.

Serf

273FAC6C-688C-4D17-9017-4624C859A40B.jpeg

btrlov

I am confused as to what basis is a vaccine mandate determined by?lethality?contiguousness?perception of lethality?

And can that rationale justify forced medical intervention for any spreadable disease?

wouldnt a reasonable determinant of a vaccine mandate would be the lethality of the disease, the ability to disable a population? Wasnt that the idea behind MMR vaccines, smallpox and polio?

The whole government managing personal health risk seems like a slippery slope to endless parentalism and whole lot of moral signaling for power/social brownie points

Last edited:

floridays

I am confused on what basis is a vaccine mandate determined by?lethality?contiguousness?perception of lethality?

And can that rationale justify forced medical intervention for any spreadable disease?

wouldnt a reasonable determinant of a vaccine mandate would be the lethality of the disease, the ability to disable a population? Wasnt the idea behind MMR vaccines and polio?

The whole government managing personal health risk seems like a slippery slope to endless parentalism and whole lot of moral signaling for power/political brownie points
You wasted a bunch of ink, it's mandated by a senile jackass.
Now gfys, corn pop killer has spoken.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I am confused on what basis is a vaccine mandate determined by?lethality?contiguousness?perception of lethality?

wouldnt a reasonable determinant of a vaccine mandate would be the lethality of the disease, the ability to disable a population? Wasnt the idea behind MMR vaccines and polio?

The whole government managing personal health risk seems like a slippery slope to endless parentalism and whole lot of moral signaling for power/social brownie points
They're using a 50 year old OSHA regulation that won't hold up to legal challenges.

btrlov

"In 1905, the Supreme Court ruled that a state can mandate vaccines, and accompany those vaccine mandates with a criminal fine for those not in compliance. More broadly, the court ruled that the state can impose “reasonable regulations” to protect the public health, even when such regulations interfere with individual rights. Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905)" What the Supreme Court Has Said About Mandating Vaccines for School: Jacobson v. Massachusetts | History of Vaccines

When did the Supreme Court extend this power to the Federal Government?
"public health" and "reasonable regulations" are probably defined too broadly in that case and not enough for modern society. The Court should probably narrow the scope a little further

I think, consulting with medical community, civil liberties groups and other stake holders........ the SCOUTUS will have to take this issue up again and come up with a "Vaccine test" or a "Public health intervention" test. Basically, like roe, a series of checkpoints/metrics that is used to balance the interest of public health vs the interest of indvidual....The intervention should also be time limited to address the crises at hand and not be "endless".Another words the scope of the medical intervention should be congruent with the scope of the public health issue -all within the purview of constitutional individual liberties. That way any major public health mandate would have to be legally sufficent to be enforceable. That way we avoid arbritary mandates for various public health issues

Last edited:

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I think, consulting with medical community, civil liberties groups and other stake holders........ the SCOUTUS will have to take this issue up again and come up with a "Vaccine test" or a "Public health intervention" test. Basically, like roe, a series of checkpoints that balances the interest of public health vs the interest of indvidual....That way any major public health mandate would have to legally sufficent to be enforceable. That way we avoid arbritary mandates for various public health issues
If the cowards take it

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
How? not arguing, just asking for information and clarification.
Respond to this Fred.
Based on the information I have been given (without my verification), being fired would cause you to lose accumulated Sick Pay, FedEx Retiree Health Reimbursement, Retiree Health Coverage (optional), Retiree Badge and accompanying Retiree Discounts, and FedEx Vanguard benefits.

There may be more, or the information I was given could be inaccurate. I can't speak to the ramifications of quitting vs. being fired.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"public health" and "reasonable regulations" are probably defined too broadly in that case and not enough for modern society. The Court should probably narrow the scope a little further

I think, consulting with medical community, civil liberties groups and other stake holders........ the SCOUTUS will have to take this issue up again and come up with a "Vaccine test" or a "Public health intervention" test. Basically, like roe, a series of checkpoints/metrics that is used to balance the interest of public health vs the interest of indvidual....The intervention should also be time limited to address the crises at hand and not be "endless".Another words the scope of the medical intervention should be congruent with the scope of the public health issue -all within the purview of constitutional individual liberties. That way any major public health mandate would have to be legally sufficent to be enforceable. That way we avoid arbritary mandates for various public health issues
You conveniently overlooked that in 1905 the SCOTUS (not scoutus) ruled that STATES have the right to mandate vaccines, NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. Unless there has been a later ruling extending this power to the Federal Government, Biden is overstepping his authority, and hopefully will be shoved back into his basement.

sandinya

The unvaccinated make up more than 99% of the cases that require hospitalization and deaths. It baffles me why people would take that risk. I think now that it's mostly about pride and people don't want to admit they were wrong in not getting it sooner.
LOL - just keep believing that mainstream media propaganda and not doing your own research. But if you do decide to seek out some verifiable facts, take a look at what's happening in Israel now - the most "vaccinated" country in the world. And while you're at it, you might want to look up A.D.E.. But let's have this conversation again in 2023, when the clinical trials for these shots are completed, and see how all of you that signed up to be a part of them are doing then. I've chosen to be part of the control group myself.

Working4the1%

I am confused as to what basis is a vaccine mandate determined by?lethality?contiguousness?perception of lethality?

wouldnt a reasonable determinant of a vaccine mandate would be the lethality of the disease, the ability to disable a population? Wasnt that the idea behind MMR vaccines, smallpox and polio?

Informative.. now deal. Quit or fired

Working4the1%

You conveniently overlooked that in 1905 the SCOTUS (not scoutus) ruled that STATES have the right to mandate vaccines, NOT THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. Unless there has been a later ruling extending this power to the Federal Government, Biden is overstepping his authority, and hopefully will be shoved back into his basement.
Courts will take a look in 2023. Quit or fired until then

Working4the1%

Osama Bin Laden knew he could never outright win militarily but he knew he could bankrupt America and change its way of life forever.
Drones fly 24/7 over Afghanistan…start plotting and see how that turns out. We don’t need soldiers in harms way.Yes Biden agreed on the wasted $$$$.and rightfully bringing those $$$ back to USA