Covid Vaccinations

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Get fired-do not quit. Then if and when Biden's order gets overturned, class action lawsuit against FedEx for wrongful termination. You won't be able to sue if you quit. Also if you quit you can't get unemployment.
Can’t collect if you’re fired either only laid off

Skippy

Been following this thread. A lot of “feelings,” being expressed as facts. It’s apparent that the business community has been begging for Biden’s executive order for some time. He’ll take the heat and give businesses what they see as a path to economic recovery with a fall guy to blame. Witness statements from business groups and unions. The whole “unconstitutional“ argument is crap. The US Supreme Court ruled on the constitutionality of vaccine mandates in 1905 in a Massachusetts case. Overturning precedent is a higher bar. A vocal minority will howl and scream and get their panties in a wad but are literally howling in the wind

fedx

Extra Large Package
Can’t collect if you’re fired either only laid off

There are exceptions. You can get unemployment even if you quit under certain circumstances. You should be able to get unemployment for refusing a vaccine. There is no misconduct in refusing to have a needle poked in you. Now obviously I could be proven wrong, but it seems likely you should be able to get it if you're fired. Could you get unemployment for quitting for not getting the vaccine? Possibly, but not as likely. And as far as suing, you'd have more standing if they fired you vs you quit. That's why I say let them fire you. If you really want to muddy the water, don't admit or deny if you're vaccinated. Just refuse to answer and get fired.

wilberforce15

Been following this thread. A lot of “feelings,” being expressed as facts. It’s apparent that the business community has been begging for Biden’s executive order for some time. He’ll take the heat and give businesses what they see as a path to economic recovery with a fall guy to blame. Witness statements from business groups and unions. The whole “unconstitutional“ argument is crap. The US Supreme Court ruled on the constitutionality of vaccine mandates in 1905 in a Massachusetts case. Overturning precedent is a higher bar. A vocal minority will howl and scream and get their panties in a wad but are literally howling in the wind

Good for these nurses.

The business, in this case a hospital, is willing to turn away women in labor for this nonsense.

Screw them all. They're all nuts.

You can bring the hammer against 5 or 15% of the population. But it's more like 30-40% of the working population. This will not go well for businesses.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
There are exceptions. You can get unemployment even if you quit under certain circumstances. You should be able to get unemployment for refusing a vaccine. There is no misconduct in refusing to have a needle poked in you. Now obviously I could be proven wrong, but it seems likely you should be able to get it if you're fired. Could you get unemployment for quitting for not getting the vaccine? Possibly, but not as likely. And as far as suing, you'd have more standing if they fired you vs you quit. That's why I say let them fire you. If you really want to muddy the water, don't admit or deny if you're vaccinated. Just refuse to answer and get fired.
Oh I agree, don’t quit. But these rats will probably make it so you can’t collect either.

Working4the1%

Good for these nurses.

The business, in this case a hospital, is willing to turn away women in labor for this nonsense.

Screw them all. They're all nuts.

You can bring the hammer against 5 or 15% of the population. But it's more like 30-40% of the working population. This will not go well for businesses.
Glad the whacked out nurses won’t be near any more children. Good riddance

floridays

Ready to argue Skippy, I'll take it.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Get fired-do not quit. Then if and when Biden's order gets overturned, class action lawsuit against FedEx for wrongful termination. You won't be able to sue if you quit. Also if you quit you can't get unemployment.
And if you get fired, you void many of your retirement benefits.

Make an informed decision.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
"In 1905, the Supreme Court ruled that a state can mandate vaccines, and accompany those vaccine mandates with a criminal fine for those not in compliance. More broadly, the court ruled that the state can impose “reasonable regulations” to protect the public health, even when such regulations interfere with individual rights. Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11 (1905)" What the Supreme Court Has Said About Mandating Vaccines for School: Jacobson v. Massachusetts | History of Vaccines

When did the Supreme Court extend this power to the Federal Government?

fedx

Extra Large Package
And if you get fired, you void many of your retirement benefits.

Make an informed decision.

So if you quit you won't void them? What retirement benefits will you void if you get fired but not so if you quit? Like Floridays, I'm curious. Please explain.