Covid Vaccinations

wilberforce15

Math is real. 10^6. I also pointed out in my explanation, that "if you let it extrapolate enough, millions". Unlikely that YOUR infection would get that high of infection numbers, but it's a possibility. It's also a possibility that I'm going to get struck by lightening walking outside my door. I stand by my math.

and if you believed in saving lives, you'd get the shot -- not just to protect you -- but those around you including the unborn in pregnant women you may encounter, but it's easy to scream "BUT ITS MY BODY" when its affects you... when it's not and then "YOU CANT DO THAT!!"
My wife is pregnant and I'm not getting the shot. Neither is she. Or our kids. Or most of our friends.

I must be a horrible person.

It's just that Covid isn't a threat to any of us.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Math is real. 10^6. I also pointed out in my explanation, that "if you let it extrapolate enough, millions". Unlikely that YOUR infection would get that high of infection numbers, but it's a possibility. It's also a possibility that I'm going to get struck by lightening walking outside my door. I stand by my math.

and if you believed in saving lives, you'd get the shot -- not just to protect you -- but those around you including the unborn in pregnant women you may encounter, but it's easy to scream "BUT ITS MY BODY" when its affects you... when it's not and then "YOU CANT DO THAT!!"

If you're already vaccinated, then it shouldn't matter if I am. You're already protected right? Or do you not have faith in the vaccine working?

Working4the1%

So you think "improve lab safety protocols" is an appropriate response to a brutal authoritarian communist regime breaking international law by covering up a deadly outbreak for months through censoring and disappearing whistleblowers, which allowed covid to spread into a worldwide pandemic that has killed millions.
Can’t be that big a deal. You don’t want the vaccine. Carry on

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
your point? the exact inverse is true for the right. anti-vax but anti-abortion.

Something could be said though about one directly effecting one to three people (depending on your definitions on when life starts and whether the father is part of the decision -- not going to argue those merits, pointing them out) and the other possibly affecting hundreds, thousands and if you let it extrapolate enough, millions.

In other words, if I were to get an abortion, it would affect myself, the fetus, and possibly the father. Nobody else. The choice of an abortion doesn't infect others because you were sitting in a room with one person for an hour.
So if you just kill one baby, it's OK?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The odds of being struck by lightning in your lifetime are 1 in 15,300, yet you still go outside.

Since it's about saving lives, do you advocate for a national speed limit of 25MPH? That would save a lot of lives.

Star B

White Lightening
If you're already vaccinated, then it shouldn't matter if I am. You're already protected right? Or do you not have faith in the vaccine working?
Plenty of faith of it working on the variant that it was designed for. Less sure about the 100 variants that are coming down the line because of people like you who think "who cares?"

The stone cold facts are this -- it's a living thing, it learns, it evolves, if it's not taken out, it will come back with a vengeance. Its like MRSA and all those antibiotic resistant strains.

In other words, it boils down to this. It will become required eventually. The supreme court has already ruled that the government can force you to get it. Once they mandate it, you're going to get it willingly right? You know, for the last couple years the right has been "law and order" -- or is that yet another sign of the hypocrisy?

For the supreme court case, see Jacobsen v. Massachusetts (1905).

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Plenty of faith of it working on the variant that it was designed for. Less sure about the 100 variants that are coming down the line because of people like you who think "who cares?"

The stone cold facts are this -- it's a living thing, it learns, it evolves, if it's not taken out, it will come back with a vengeance. Its like MRSA and all those antibiotic resistant strains.

In other words, it boils down to this. It will become required eventually. The supreme court has already ruled that the government can force you to get it. Once they mandate it, you're going to get it willingly right? You know, for the last couple years the right has been "law and order" -- or is that yet another sign of the hypocrisy?

There can only be 24 variants. That's all the letters in the Greek alphabet.

Sorry for using your logic. :wink-very:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

You realize vaccines can cause more variants right? You think you're righteous, but you very well may be part of the problem.

Good intentions pave your way friend

Working4the1%

You are full of it.
I know who he had in his office to talk to. They are out with Delta covid. I spoke to him in his office. I am vaccinated. I am still at work. It was simple science. Closed room with raging no symptom manager get covid. Same room vaccinated. No covid

AB831

You're not tall enough for this ride.
Speak for yourself. I’d try to downplay college too if I went 13 years without being able to find a job in my field. But sure. You’d rather drive a truck than work for a big bank. Sure. Keep telling yourself that. Make sure you fill up on Gatorade. It’s going to be a hot one today.