Covid Vaccinations

BadLarry238

Your Hero
FedEx will never mandate this for all employees. FedEx may highly recommend, may even incentivize, may even pay for it (now that it's approved, say goodbye to free shots), but they will not mandate. Too much liability...i.e. states passing laws making it illegal for employers to mandate vaccines (Montana, Florida, etc).

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.

wilberforce15

Star B

White Lightening
FedEx will never mandate this for all employees. FedEx may highly recommend, may even incentivize, may even pay for it (now that it's approved, say goodbye to free shots), but they will not mandate. Too much liability...i.e. states passing laws making it illegal for employers to mandate vaccines (Montana, Florida, etc).
FedEx Express can. Because we're an airline, and if we mandate it, our mandate is above the state ban.

Star B

White Lightening
You're right, they can...but what I said is...they won't

Learn how to comprehend...

How about before personal attacks, you read my response. We are federally regulated by the FAA, which means that IF Express mandates vaccines, Flordia/Montana can't come after Express because that would be interfering with interstate commerce, for which only Congress has the power to do so.

In other words, United isn't going to be fined by Florida because they require the employees to be vaccinated within 5 weeks of FDA approval, which came Monday. United would take that lawsuit to the supreme court and more than likely win, paving the way for any company to mandate it.

Working4the1%

AB831

How about before personal attacks, you read my response. We are federally regulated by the FAA, which means that IF Express mandates vaccines, Flordia/Montana can't come after Express because that would be interfering with interstate commerce, for which only Congress has the power to do so.

In other words, United isn't going to be fined by Florida because they require the employees to be vaccinated within 5 weeks of FDA approval, which came Monday. United would take that lawsuit to the supreme court and more than likely win, paving the way for any company to mandate it.
In other words, the little tin pot Republican dictators who want to be mini-Trumps will be laughed out of court when they try to keep private businesses from running their businesses the way they see fit.