dow 24000

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So here we are in the middle of May and people are still contracting COVID despite social distancing. Come the middle of May things do tend to get a bit on the warm side That being the case you tell me resident expert just exactly why COVID seems to be enjoying the weather?
People still get the flu in the summer. It doesn’t completely stop.

numbers are pretty clearly on the decline.

Brownslave688

304 more in Iowa in one day. Right after reopening the economy.
Well considering it’s long incubation period......it wouldn’t have much to do with reopening would it?

And 300 is less than half where it was a few weeks ago. WE ARENT GOING TO GET TO ZERO!!!! How many times do people need to hear that?

Sheer volume numbers mean little. Illinois numbers spiked way up even after being closed still. Without the context of how many tests are being performed things would look worse. But actually the % of positive tests is down about 50% from the peak.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Well considering it’s long incubation period......it wouldn’t have much to do with reopening would it?

And 300 is less than half where it was a few weeks ago. WE ARENT GOING TO GET TO ZERO!!!! How many times do people need to hear that?

Sheer volume numbers mean little. Illinois numbers spiked way up even after being closed still. Without the context of how many tests are being performed things would look worse. But actually the % of positive tests is down about 50% from the peak.
300 catching it might mean 300 get over it. Most do.

bbsam

Staff member

Maybe. But opening back up doesn’t do much to drive the number further down.

Box Ox

We were never supposed to drive the number of infected down forever. We were giving the medical system time to prepare. CNN and MSNBC have completely forgotten that.

Two months ago, even administrative hospital staff I know were being given lessons on how to intubate and even trach patients in case the :censored2: really hit the fan with the virus and the normal patient care staff became overwhelmed.

It never happened. It’s time to move out of phase I and move forward intelligently. Not hide in our homes until 2022.

Brownslave688

So everyone is supposed to stay inside for the next year?

This was never about shutting it down. Only slowing the spread. We’ve clearly done that. We’ve learned what places/jobs are primed for outbreaks. So you slowly open back up and continue to try and limit massive outbreaks.

you can’t just close down until it’s not a threat anymore.