Fedex Express Peak 2017

bbsam

Staff member
IMG_0457.JPG
Noooooooo!!!!

Star B

White Lightening
If you're just a courier that leaves in the AM and comes back later, it's not too bad. If you do things like... move trucks or park them.... it's stupid and slows you down

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
If you're just a courier that leaves in the AM and comes back later, it's not too bad. If you do things like... move trucks or park them.... it's stupid and slows you down
Lol. I didn’t even think about the truck parkers. So I guess they can’t just go out with a handful of truck keys anymore. They have to use the keyboard every single time.

McFeely

Huge Member
Have any of your stations started the new thing with the orange peg and the key board yet? Is it as big a PITA as it looks?

More than anything, I just find it annoying to have this peg hanging off my wristband all the time. It looks like something from a charm bracelet.

Also the truck parking thing...last night I pulled in and whoever had gotten into the station before me parked like jackasses and I couldn't pull a truck out to open a spot for mine.

Star B

White Lightening
yeah, we can take $20k+ of merchandise out, have RFID badges for building security, have a truck with GPS capabilities(soon), and have an employee timecard system where we put in the truck that we're taking out but we need stupid plastic pegs to MAKE SURE THE KEYS ARE SECURE!!!!!!

I would have expected this crap pre-constant electronic surveillance. I mean, any thief that steals a FXE truck is an idiot because who wants to run around with a huge numbered billboard.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
yeah, we can take $20k+ of merchandise out, have RFID badges for building security, have a truck with GPS capabilities(soon), and have an employee timecard system where we put in the truck that we're taking out but we need stupid plastic pegs to MAKE SURE THE KEYS ARE SECURE!!!!!!

I would have expected this crap pre-constant electronic surveillance. I mean, any thief that steals a FXE truck is an idiot because who wants to run around with a huge numbered billboard.
Supposedly, the reason behind all of this is because a fired employee ,who had a spare set of keys, stole a FedEx truck full of freight. After 40 odd years and one truck theft, they realized there is no accountability for keys or trucks. LMAO!

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Supposedly, the reason behind all of this is because a fired employee ,who had a spare set of keys, stole a FedEx truck full of freight. After 40 odd years and one truck theft, they realized there is no accountability for keys or trucks. LMAO!
Sounds like EPR (Employee Public Relations) BS. The first person any investigation would look at would be a former employee.

I would surmise that having trucks with misplaced keys and no spares available is more probable. I know that the system used at my station was retarded. Vehicle Maintenance would refuse to allow the use of their keys in those circumstances. Even after years of hunting keys, nothing was ever done about it.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Sounds like EPR (Employee Public Relations) BS. The first person any investigation would look at would be a former employee.

I would surmise that having trucks with misplaced keys and no spares available is more probable. I know that the system used at my station was retarded. Vehicle Maintenance would refuse to allow the use of their keys in those circumstances. Even after years of hunting keys, nothing was ever done about it.
Same at my station with the mechanics. They knew if they ever let the keys leave their possession they’d never see them again, despite promises by management.

DeliveryException

I'm kinda wondering how truck swaps will work. Also the paper we had to sign talks about up to termination if you lose out break one. What about it snagging on freight or some such. Just seems like a bit too problematic for the relatively minor issues it's supposed to solve.