Fedex Express Peak 2017

SmithBarney

Key pegs Sounds like more fun times, as for missing keys we have about 6-7 sets of keys for trucks that no longer exist at our station, none have numbers on them, management doesn't know what to do with them. We also have had brand new trucks delivered with one key...

SmithBarney

Oh yeah, hows PEAK? 11hrs guarantee pay last week, and on pace for 5-6 hours of guarantee this week.. easiest PEAK ever, we have a parking lot full of rentals(25) we only use half of them, in fact I don't think we even have 25 extra drivers...

Oldfart

Oh yeah, hows PEAK? 11hrs guarantee pay last week, and on pace for 5-6 hours of guarantee this week.. easiest PEAK ever, we have a parking lot full of rentals(25) we only use half of them, in fact I don't think we even have 25 extra drivers...
I wouldn't declare this the easiest peak ever for a few more weeks. It's only December 1.

Purplepackage

9 hours of overtime in already this week, we are absolutely crushed

Star B

White Lightening
We are straining but holding up otherwise. Our rental fleet is being fully utilized with some spares for regular failures.

MemphisHubFedExer

At the hub, it is still possible that we are going to have a Christmas eve sort and a limited sort on Christmas day night. All this fun and a pay check too.

McFeely

Huge Member
One of my worst peaks ever I rolled about 50+ packages daily. It was ridiculous and incredibly depressing to start my day off that way each day.

And we aren’t talking about stuff due the next day...I’m talking stuff 2 and 3 days late already that I just couldn’t do because of hours/weather.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
One of my worst peaks ever I rolled about 50+ packages daily. It was ridiculous and incredibly depressing to start my day off that way each day.

And we aren’t talking about stuff due the next day...I’m talking stuff 2 and 3 days late already that I just couldn’t do because of hours/weather.
Fred's idea of "the Purple Promise?" Hopefully, a package he was waiting for was one of them.

dezguy

In the past I would beat myself up about stuff like that. I would literally go home and worry about people who didn't get their delivery. Now, I go home with not a worry in the world.

It's not my fault. I can only do so much with the time I've been allotted. I got screamed at by customers 3 times last week for late or dex01 packages. I tell them to call the 1800 number and ask for my ops managers because they're the ones who caused this. There is no way I'm taking ownership of this company's inability to plan.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I tell them to call the 1800 number and ask for my ops managers because they're the ones who caused this. There is no way I'm taking ownership of this company's inability to plan.
It's more like terror of making a decision that they will be held accountable for at the ops level. Upper management is insulated from the reality, because they're only interested in the results, not how to obtain good results.

Detached leading the Blind leading the Overwhelmed.

Whats in the Box

My manager blames engineering for not planning the peak plan. It’s on management and engineering as the frontline couriers no longer has input. While the senior is screaming at the handlers to tell them to not stop the already overloaded belt. Nobody owns their incompetence anymore, while us couriers in my loop/area are crushed with 200+ average stops everyday this week working 13 hours days on 30 min breaks. This is just the tip. Wait til the real peak hits. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
My manager blames engineering for not planning the peak plan. It’s on management and engineering as the frontline couriers no longer has input. While the senior is screaming at the handlers to tell them to not stop the already overloaded belt. Nobody owns their incompetence anymore, while us couriers in my loop/area are crushed with 200+ average stops everyday this week working 13 hours days on 30 min breaks. This is just the tip. Wait til the real peak hits. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Just curious -- what hidden wisdom do frontline couriers, that everyone else is ignoring, have to prevent this?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I would take my hour break and bring back what’s left at 1900.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Help route structure always seems to be a major fail, would be a good place to consult couriers.

Yet, according to the board here, that's not the problem during peak. It's too much freight. So I ask you (or anyone), what wisdom do couriers have that can prevent the problem of too much freight, as suggested by What's In The Box's post?