Fumbling McCain has brain cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyb

more mccain horror stories:

Brian Becker‏ @BrianBeckerDC 4h4 hours ago

I was in Iraq in December 1998. Clinton ordered Operation Desert Fox (yes, it sounds like a Nazi WWll playbook) & US dropped 1,000 bombs & missiles in 4 days. Lots of death & devastation. I watched McCain on TV denouncing t/ attack because he said it was just a “pinprick” attack

oldngray

nowhere special
first version of the rotary engine quick little sports car . fast as hell but once it blew the engine seals you couldnt rebuild it. fun car

My sister had one of those. Engine seals blew on hers too. Those early rotary engines had a lot of teething problems.

Serf

Trying to bite my tongue on the passing of a man who literally spent a lifetime kowtowing for the left. And being instrumental in so many futile conflicts abroad. Whether or not Nixon actually pardoned him to avoid treason & court martial doesn't even matter. Whether or not the Northern Vietnamese nickname for "songbird" is even true; based on his willingness to tell them anything they wanted to hear. The Tokyo Rose tapes, etc. I consider voting for him in 08 a sin. And a waste. A guy whose first wife endures the hardships of him being a POW for years, then he turns around and leaves her. The media applauded him in death because he was a thoroughbred RINO.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The governor of Arizona said John McCain is "irreplaceable". Isn't it his job to replace him????????

Not being buried til Sunday! I will be watching Kardashian reruns 'til then.

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
If Sanders can register as a Democrat...….what's to stop a Dem from Arizona registering as a Republican?

newfie

That does not change the fact that he served and put himself in harms way and endured 5 years of torture as a POW for our country, or that the man who denigrated his service used his own fathers wealth (as well as a questionable deferment) to spend the war playing tennis and marching around pretending to be a soldier at an elite military academy.
However McCain wound up in that cockpit, he still wound up in that cockpit. Which is a lot more than Cadet Bone Spurs can say.

I salute his incredible sacrifice at the hand of the NK . I have heard him called Song bird but I wont comment on it other then to say i can not imagine going through the same.

But if we're going to evaluate his overall service then keep in mind the following :

1) Admirals son
2) 4 from the bottom in his navy class
3) involved in one of the greatest aircraft carrier fires since WWII. is he an innocent participant or was his involvement covered up due his being an admirals son and grandson
4) Was he shot down and was he injured because of item 2 above? In other words he an undisciplined student who did not execute correctly. One criticism of his injuries was that he didnt tuck in properly before ejecting causing him to hit and damage his arms and shoulders.

McCains reputation prior to Hanoi was an undisciplined spoiled Admirals son who got away with it because of his connections.

and before anyone tries to point out his decorations to me keep in mind that commanders then would have been killing their selves to recommend decorations for a McCain with his connections.

Many Vietnam era veterans know of what was called the West Point Association which also applied to Naval Academy graduates. these were highly connected military officers who rotated in to the vietnam war for short time periods to get their decorations and then rotate out. They were there for resume enhancers.

its one of the reason we lost that war. many officers there to get their resume enhanced not committed to winning the war.

Status
Not open for further replies.