Not open for further replies.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm trying to understand your point

, everyone that serves kills children?

dont get into barfights?

dont be in a bar when you're only 16

just beat the guy dont try to kill him?

I just know there's a valuable lesson here?
It was a good story nonetheless.

Sportello

I'm trying to understand your point

, everyone that serves kills children?

dont get into barfights?

dont be in a bar when you're only 16

just beat the guy dont try to kill him?

I just know there's a valuable lesson here?
Isn’t that similar to how you became to ‘serve’? Jail or the Army?

bacha29

Public figures such as John McCain are never as good as their supporters make them out to be or a bad as their critics try to portray them as being.
Die hard Republicans like Newfie will defend Trump right to the very end and that's not going to change. However here's and interesting possibility.

Back in 2000 OLC issued a paper stating that a sitting president cannot be indicted.....unconstitutional . This point may end up being argued in front of SCOTUS and is a driver behind Kavanaugh's nomination because he supports that position. Such a ruling may prevent Trump from being indicted while president but contrary to his and Newfie's belief he will not be president forever . The best chapter might therefore be what happens after he leaves.

In any event what does John McCain , Beau Biden, Ted Kennedy and my mother have in common? They all died of Glioblastoma. One of the most virulent and aggressive forms of cancer in existence and nobody lives for more than a few months after diagnosis.

Whether is McCain is convicted or acquitted in the court of public opinion is meaningless and putting his legacy in it's proper context is a task for scholars and historians .

In the meantime for the rest of you simply hope and pray that the agony of Glioblastoma never visits itself upon your families.

P

pickup

We all gotta serve somebody!

Or perhaps(to paraphrase Ken Kesey) “get them in your movie before they put you in their movie”. I think he said that in response to a question about why he and the Merry Pranksters were filming a lot of times.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A6C012F0-DBE9-48C2-BB48-C672B917B91A.jpeg

floridays

Where you trying to go with this? Are we now expected to give every dead senator a presidential send off?
Or is this just a weak attempt at another Trump bash?
Great post.
I think the proof in the pudding will be exposed when Bob Dole assumes room temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.