Gov healthcare

klein

Für Meno :)
And I would want to learn how to live under a health system where those with life threatening illnesses leave the country for their treatment?

I don't think so in fact we are trying to fight that system here so canadians will still have a place to go to when they have a serious illness.

What part of this , didn`t you understand......

The US healthcare system comprises 15.2 percent of GDP while Canada's is only 9.7 percent. And it still outperforms the US system by all measures. The life expectancy in the US is 78 years. Canada's is 81.

tieguy

Banned
What part of this , didn`t you understand......

I think I'm starting to understand that you are so unhappy that you got stuck with canadas system of "wait until you die before you are treated" health care that you now wish the same on americans.

fact check

The comparison of the Canadian or British health system to what has been proposed by the President is ludicrous, and only serves as a distraction to serious discussion of the topic.

It is not surprising that this is the tact of some posters here. The more the issue is obfuscated, the more irrelevant arguments can be injected into the conversation.

Honestly, if you libertarians/Ayn Rand devotees want less government in your lives, move to Mexico, and leave your social security/medicare benefits behind.

The comparison of the Canadian or British health system to what has been proposed by the President is ludicrous, and only serves as a distraction to serious discussion of the topic.

It is not surprising that this is the tact of some posters here. The more the issue is obfuscated, the more irrelevant arguments can be injected into the conversation.

Honestly, if you libertarians/Ayn Rand devotees want less government in your lives, move to Mexico, and leave your social security/medicare benefits behind.

I would love to opt out of social security/medicare. I would sign the opt-out list immediatly. If only they would let me opt-out of paying for it. I could do much better with that money.

klein

I would love to opt out of social security/medicare. I would sign the opt-out list immediatly. If only they would let me opt-out of paying for it. I could do much better with that money.

Thats what we all say, until you really need it.
If you get cancer at age 65....it will probably cost $1 mill or more for treatment, medication, etc.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you get cancer at age 65....it will probably cost $1 mill or more for treatment, medication, etc.

Klein, what 1989 is referring to is the proposal put forth by Bush II for the privatization of Social Security. Unfortunately, most people are not as money savvy as 1989 and would be much better off having Uncle Sam take care of them.

$10,000 a year over 40 years (age 25-65) would be $400,000 cash without any gains. With just a 4% annual return it would be about $1 million.

klein

Klein, what 1989 is referring to is the proposal put forth by Bush II for the privatization of Social Security. Unfortunately, most people are not as money savvy as 1989 and would be much better off having Uncle Sam take care of them.

I see, he wants more then 47 Million uninsured citizens.
Thats fine too.

klein

$10,000 a year over 40 years (age 25-65) would be $400,000 cash without any gains. With just a 4% annual return it would be about $1 million.

I don't know how your system really works. We pay 971.00 per year for Canada Pension (your social security).
Over 40 yrs, we get about $1400 pension for it, and free medicare, including free perscriptions.

We don't get robbed like you.
But, we have higher overall taxes, that every citizen here pays, and much of that is paying for it.

wkmac

FactCheck has a point as I guess he/she and friends just want absolute control over this.

One thing about advocating murder, a terrorism proponent and sponsor, champion of state adminstrated thieving and otherwise being in league with destuctive political entities and/or being their spawn (voters/supporters), they all do detest a free market in such endeavors because of the competition.

I guess they are the new robber barons!

:happy-very:

Might makes right I guess!

Death Squads and Taxes: Health Care Bogies Follow Noble Tradition

fact check

FactCheck has a point as I guess he/she and friends just want absolute control over this.

One thing about advocating murder, a terrorism proponent and sponsor, champion of state adminstrated thieving and otherwise being in league with destuctive political entities and/or being their spawn (voters/supporters), they all do detest a free market in such endeavors because of the competition.

I guess they are the new robber barons!

:happy-very:

Might makes right I guess!

Death Squads and Taxes: Health Care Bogies Follow Noble Tradition

Making less sense than usual, but more succinctly, congrats on that!

wkmac

Wolf Blitzer asked some pretty good questions of Howard Sprague and I found the respone so interesting. On the one hand, Washington would walk all over State and local jurisdictions at the drop of a hat and yet on this issue, they resist?

Something's rotten in Denmark again!

klein

Wolf Blitzer asked some pretty good questions of Howard Sprague and I found the respone so interesting. On the one hand, Washington would walk all over State and local jurisdictions at the drop of a hat and yet on this issue, they resist?

Something's rotten in Denmark again!

Probably, because the "right" states would refuse to partcipate.
And, he doesn't wanna take that chance.

Crumbx

I can sympathize. I called my GP for an annual checkup. I have an appointment for 3 months from now. On the other hand, if you have pain or illness they will see you that very day. Wow, what an innovation--triage. "Check ups" is an interesting term, but it probably means a physical. Three months is a common waiting time for a "physical check up" in America.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maxine on Health Care....................
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]
[/FONT]
Let me get this straight.
....we're going to pass ahealth care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it,to be signed by a president that also hasn't read it and who smokes, withfunding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to beoverseen by a surgeon general who is obese,and financed by a country that's nearly broke. What couldpossibly go wrong?

TechGrrl

Space Cadet
I can sympathize. I called my GP for an annual checkup. I have an appointment for 3 months from now. On the other hand, if you have pain or illness they will see you that very day. Wow, what an innovation--triage. "Check ups" is an interesting term, but it probably means a physical. Three months is a common waiting time for a "physical check up" in America.

My doc only does one physical a day, because it takes longer than the average visit. You come in for blood work, chest x-ray, ekg, and then about a week later you see him, he reviews the tests, and does the hands-on stuff like cancer screenings that involve poking places and things. Takes about an hour.

Because he only does one a day, you obviously have to fit into this schedule. I was able to schedule 3 weeks out, and could have done it sooner, but had to schedule around travel plans.

3 months sounds like your doc has a lot of people who get physicals, or maybe he doesn't do one a day. Not sure where you are getting your 'common waiting time' figure.

Do not interpret this post as being in favor of our current health care system. It sucks.