Gov healthcare

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
One of the first things they did when I got to my first permanent duty station was pull all 4 of my wisdom teeth. They put me under and gave me some great meds afterward.

Military medicine is marginal at best. Thank goodness we could use the insurance (Champus) off base.
The wisdom teeth pull seems to be pretty standard, they yanked mine in the first week of boot camp.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
One of the first things they did when I got to my first permanent duty station was pull all 4 of my wisdom teeth. They put me under and gave me some great meds afterward.

Military medicine is marginal at best. Thank goodness we could use the insurance (Champus) off base.

Its not Champus anymore, i think its now called "Tricare".

I had some pain so i went to the dentist and they said my Wisdom teeth were impacted and all 4 would need to be removed. The next day i was at the base clinic getting them yanked. I did get some pain meds afterwards and i think it was codine or something but it really did not do much. I heard later that most people get put under for this procedure but since i was in the militrary i guess they wanted to save money. LOL

tieguy

Banned
Well said.

Moreluck,

Thank you. I found this over at Lew Rockwell and it made no sense at all until I saw the video you posted and then I got the humor. And if like me you loved the old Dean Martin show when he had on Foster Brooks, you'll love the link and get ready to Laugh your arse off!

c ya!

I know I am always grateful when you step away from your traditional role here of smugly chastising anyone who has the guts to take a political position to join and support the community.:happy-very:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Health Care Reform
38% Favor Health Care Plan, 56% Are Opposed

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that just 38% of voters nationwide favor the health care reform plan proposed by President Obama and congressional Democrats. That matches the lowest level of support yet. Fifty-six percent (56%) of voters oppose the plan.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I totally despise Pelosi, but even I didn't think she was dumb enough to say what she said today......and I paraphrase.......We just need to pass this bill and then we can see what's in it.....

WHAT ????? !!!!! :sick::dissapointed::anxious:

klein

Für Meno :)
I'll give you my honest opinion: You can't leave healthcare at Status Quo. If you do, bets will be on, who or what falters first ?
Medicare, (Government), or US companies, that no longer can afford it ?

So, why can't Obama and Mc Cain sit down together, and figure out a way to save your healthcare system, before it goes broke ?

tourists24

I'll give you my honest opinion: You can't leave healthcare at Status Quo. If you do, bets will be on, who or what falters first ?
Medicare, (Government), or US companies, that no longer can afford it ?

So, why can't Obama and Mc Cain sit down together, and figure out a way to save your healthcare system, before it goes broke ?
Why should the government be the one to solve this problem? Personally, I dont want the future of our entire health care system to lie in the hands of Obama/McCain .... or any variation of our beloved congress

klein

Why should the government be the one to solve this problem? Personally, I dont want the future of our entire health care system to lie in the hands of Obama/McCain .... or any variation of our beloved congress

I agree... get rid of tax free payroll heathcare deductions. Let workers pay it, on thier own, off the payroll, to any insurance company he wants to.
Abolish Medicare, since Government pays for that, too.
Let insurance companies pay for ambulances, hospitals, and any other healthcare costs, including research and training.

Get government the heck out of it all !

tieguy

Banned
I agree... get rid of tax free payroll heathcare deductions. Let workers pay it, on thier own, off the payroll, to any insurance company he wants to.
Abolish Medicare, since Government pays for that, too.
Let insurance companies pay for ambulances, hospitals, and any other healthcare costs, including research and training.

Get government the heck out of it all !

sounds good. when do we start?

klein

sounds good. when do we start?

As soon as everyone is willing to pay about tripple the costs of it (around $3000 per month), for lifetime. On the plus side, in 20 - 30 years the government will become debtfree and could lower taxes for the next generation to come.

The problem most of you have, is that you don't trust government at all.
In the good days, when government had money, yes, things were good !
If the government does make money, it's the peoples money, meaning it's still your money. Which you'll receive back in 1 form or another.
However, if you pay a private insurance company, that money is gone. No longer yours. It's gone for good !
If for some reason, nobody gets seriously ill, and insurance profits.... well, they keep it.
A nice good profit year for them.

I would still like to see a public option for car and home insurance here. As 1 of our provincial ministers once threatened the private sector, to bring rates down, or else we will compete with you.

While you guys discuss your healthcare issues, here in the background is a big call out for a National Daycare Program.
Which will probably be passed in the next decade or so.
Just more tax money us singles need to pay and never benefit from. Unless they take away all thier child tax credits, family allowances... to pay for it.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
As soon as everyone is willing to pay about tripple the costs of it (around $3000 per month), for lifetime. On the plus side, in 20 - 30 years the government will become debtfree and could lower taxes for the next generation to come.

The problem most of you have, is that you don't trust government at all.
In the good days, when government had money, yes, things were good !
If the government does make money, it's the peoples money, meaning it's still your money. Which you'll receive back in 1 form or another.
However, if you pay a private insurance company, that money is gone. No longer yours. It's gone for good !
If for some reason, nobody gets seriously ill, and insurance profits.... well, they keep it.
A nice good profit year for them.

I would still like to see a public option for car and home insurance here. As 1 of our provincial ministers once threatened the private sector, to bring rates down, or else we will compete with you.

While you guys discuss your healthcare issues, here in the background is a big call out for a National Daycare Program.
Which will probably be passed in the next decade or so.
Just more tax money us singles need to pay and never benefit from. Unless they take away all thier child tax credits, family allowances... to pay for it.

So they told you in canada eh?

klein

Market Medicine in El Salvador

Sounds American 40 years ago. Could the way forward be in looking back?

World ranking for healthcare, El Savador ranks 115th ! Can't be as great as that article made it sound like. :(

113 Cape Verde
114 Georgia
115 El Salvador
116 Tonga
117 Uzbekistan
118 Comoros
119 Samoa
120 Yemen
121 Niue
122 Pakistan

Interessting to see is this article .
(so much for the potential death panels the GOP claims)

Preventable Deaths for selected countries

http://www.allcountries.org/ranks/preventable_deaths_country_ranks_1997-1998_2002-2003_2008.html