guns

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I will wait for an informed opinion from someone who actually lives there.

I can't speak for Sober in regards to living in Oregon but I can speak for me in regards to living in rural AZ. I am guessing that there are similarities in some situations. I am not so much afraid of the people that might invade my space although I DO NOT discount the possibility. I have a higher probability of running into critters such as mountain lion, raccoon and rattlesnake (all of which I would shoot on sight). Mountain lions are rare near where we live but they do show up on occasion as we have a high population of deer. We don't have bear at this elevation so I don't worry about that so much. Last weekend I had raccoon paw prints on the hood of my car. They are vile vicious creatures that I would not hesitate to kill, they would not hesitate to kill my dogs and are quite capable of doing so. Rattlesnakes are very common (especially Mojaves) and pose a threat to animals and humans alike. The Mojaves that we have are especially dangerous because of the type of venom they have. They are, by far, worse than Diamondbacks and far more aggressive. My dogs would have a fighting chance against coons but they would have no chance against a Mojave. They would be dead within an hour.

I am making fun of gun owners. This is real life and I do not understand what they fear. And yes, I have in the past put myself in very dangerous situations. Not one of them would have ended better had I been armed.

Why must anyone on the side against gun ownership alway toss out the word fear? You've been reading TOS's script for too long.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am making fun of gun owners. This is real life and I do not understand what they fear.

It is unfortunately an all-too-common human failing to pre-judge an entire class of people and ridicule them because we do not understand them.

If the people who we are pre-judging and ridiculing are members of a religious or ethnic minority.... such behavior makes us "bigots" and we are rightfully condemned for our ignorance and intolerance.

If, on the other hand, the people who we are pre-judging and ridiculing happen to be gun owners....such behavior makes us "liberals" and we are applauded by others for our ignorance and intolerance.

I guess it is just a lot easier to buy into stereotypes than it is to base one's opinion on facts.

soberups

Not showing up to a gun fight might be better.

I have had a carry permit for over 15 years now, and my success rate at avoiding gun fights currently stands at 100%. My plan is to keep it that way. One thing I have learned over the years though is that life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

bbsam

Staff member
[ QUOTE=cachsux;970301]Why must anyone on the side against gun ownership alway toss out the word fear? You've been reading TOS's script for too long.[/QUOTE]

You are simply wrong. I am not in the least against gun ownership. If that is what someone wants, then fine. But it seems to me that people are always going on and about defending themselves against "them". "Them" seems to be someone or something that is going to take away something they have or keep them from getting something they want. Bill Wilson described this as fear and an "evil and corroding thread running through our lives".

bbsam

Staff member
It is unfortunately an all-too-common human failing to pre-judge an entire class of people and ridicule them because we do not understand them.

If the people who we are pre-judging and ridiculing are members of a religious or ethnic minority.... such behavior makes us "bigots" and we are rightfully condemned for our ignorance and intolerance.

If, on the other hand, the people who we are pre-judging and ridiculing happen to be gun owners....such behavior makes us "liberals" and we are applauded by others for our ignorance and intolerance.

I guess it is just a lot easier to buy into stereotypes than it is to base one's opinion on facts.
You take yourself too seriously. You sound like a dittohead applauding Rush for championing the plight of the middle aged white suburbanite. Gun ownership is a right. Voting is a right. Ridiculing how people believe about such issues is far, far different than racism and I believe you are smart enough to make the distinction.

bbsam

Staff member
I have had a carry permit for over 15 years now, and my success rate at avoiding gun fights currently stands at 100%. My plan is to keep it that way. One thing I have learned over the years though is that life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

You and I have the exact same success rate.

soberups

You take yourself too seriously. You sound like a dittohead applauding Rush for championing the plight of the middle aged white suburbanite. Gun ownership is a right. Voting is a right. Ridiculing how people believe about such issues is far, far different than racism and I believe you are smart enough to make the distinction.

1. Rush Limbaugh is a revolting pig. I'm not a dittohead. I'm a registered Democrat who supports a number of very "liberal" concepts such as gay marriage and ending the so-called war on drugs which is blatantly racist.

2. You can ridicule how "people" believe about such issues to your hearts content, but in this case you are displaying the same prejudice that you would rightly condemn others for if we were discussing the race or religion of these "people". You categorize "gun owners" into one monolothic group and assume that we all act and think and vote alike. We dont.

wkmac

Walmart is offering great deals on Range Time

Walmart Range Time 1.jpg

Walmart Range Time 2.jpg

Walmart Savings of Sniper Suits on aisle 6

Sniper Suit.jpg
Walmart Range Time 1.jpg
Walmart Range Time 2.jpg
Sniper Suit.jpg