guns

P

pickup

Esspecially Detroit, while only a river seperates the city of Windsor (murder free, going into the 6th year), !

Murder free going into the 6th year , huh?

So I guess that covers : 2011, 2010 , 2009, 2008, 2007 and what we have of 2012 so far.

Let's see what I find.

Oh here's a murder in 2011..Canadian border city has first homicide in 26 months - CNN

Article says that the previous homicide to this one, in Windsor , was in 2009.

So we have a homicide in 2011 and 2009 in your supposedly "homicide free for six years" beloved city of Windsor.

Looks like 2010 had no homicides. Fair enough.

Well, well , well, looks like we have a murder in Windsor , 2008 : Windsor murder trial witness tells of beating

Hmm here's a murder in Windsor in 2007 : AMW | Fugitives | Mohamud Hagi | Case

And I can't find any murders for this fair city in the yet to be completed year of 2012.

So in summation: your 5 years going on six murder free city of Windsor had murders in 4 of those six years.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong, Klein?

klein

Für Meno :)
MaYBE IT was gun shooting deaths (murders), but I know I posted the article before in this thread.
Anyways, still looks awesome 4 murders in 6 years. How does your city compare ?

Btw, DS comes from that neck of the woods, so don't blame him for never being in the dangerous USA.

P

pickup

MaYBE IT was gun shooting deaths (murders), but I know I posted the article before in this thread.
Anyways, still looks awesome 4 murders in 6 years. How does your city compare ?

Btw, DS comes from that neck of the woods, so don't blame him for never being in the dangerous USA.

Well, the 2007 case I linked to was a murder by a gun. So that shoots a hole into that argument.

Also, I wasn't going to look for every murder, I just needed one for each year cited. I am sure there were a few more

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Its not science if those doing the study are selectively manipulating statistics in order to support a conclusion they have already reached.

How many of the armed victims were carrying legally versus illegally? How many of them were gang members or criminals? How many were under the influence of drugs or alcohol when they were shot? These are relevant questions when trying to draw a statistical correlation between increased death rates and LEGAL concealed carry.

Figures dont lie, but liars figure.

klein

Für Meno :)
Its not science if those doing the study are selectively manipulating statistics in order to support a conclusion they have already reached.

How many of the armed victims were carrying legally versus illegally? How many of them were gang members or criminals? How many were under the influence of drugs or alcohol when they were shot? These are relevant questions when trying to draw a statistical correlation between increased death rates and LEGAL concealed carry.

Isn't that like saying how many people drive illigally with no or suspended drivers licesence or insurance/registraton ?
Sofar, I haven't been hit by one of them, and if a UPS driver would, it would be the UPS driver at fault.

Kinda like the Zimmerman case - the "unarmed" gets the blame ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I Googled "How many people are killed by their own guns?" and this was the first link on the list. I was not surprised at the data which, as you stated, can be skewed to fit a predetermined agenda.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Why is someone 'living in fear' if they decide to be prepared? I am not fearful of my period just because I carry tampons in my purse at all times. :rofl:

Of course.

There is nothing wrong with being prepared but there is something very wrong with living your life in fear.

I simply cannot imagine carrying a loaded gun with me wherever I go.

There are people who will live their life "in fear" in every situation. Are some of them folks who are armed? Sure. Are some of them afraid of spiders, thunderstorms, or people of ethnicity? Probably a lot more than the ones with a gun.

Would I carry a firearm if it was legal in my state? Not in my town or it's surrounding area. Different parts of the state or on a road trip? Maybe. Different parts of the country? You bet I would. Not out of fear but as said out of being prepared for the possibility. But I'll be prepared with a extra set of car keys and some extra cash tucked away also.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When the kids were young we brought them to Disneyland. We stayed in the Lake Buena Vista area and took the shuttle back and forth. There were areas of Orlando that we were advised not to go in after dark.

When we were stationed in Texas we went to San Antonio. Beautiful city. We did all of the toursity things but were again told of areas not to go in after dark.

Would carrying a gun give me the false sense of security to ignore those warnings and go wherever I please?

When the kids were young we brought them to Disneyland. We stayed in the Lake Buena Vista area and took the shuttle back and forth. There were areas of Orlando that we were advised not to go in after dark.

When we were stationed in Texas we went to San Antonio. Beautiful city. We did all of the toursity things but were again told of areas not to go in after dark.

Would carrying a gun give me the false sense of security to ignore those warnings and go wherever I please?

I should amend my statement in a way to reply to yours. If I felt I needed a firearm to feel safe in an area then I probably should not be in that area. Do some people get that false sense of security as you speak, probably. I believe you and I, gun or not, have the common sense to not go into places that are ill advised.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Disneyland is Anaheim California!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I should amend my statement in a way to reply to yours. If I felt I needed a firearm to feel safe in an area then I probably should not be in that area. Do some people get that false sense of security as you speak, probably. I believe you and I, gun or not, have the common sense to not go into places that are ill advised.

As I said earlier, the last thing I would want to do when I leave the house every morning is to make sure I have my loaded gun with me "just in case".

over9five

Staff member
As I said earlier, the last thing I would want to do when I leave the house every morning is to make sure I have my loaded gun with me "just in case".
And the last thing I would want is to wish I had brought my loaded gun as some thug kills my wife in a robbery.

People get murdered out on the streets every day. Nothing wrong with being prepared.
I refuse to live as a sheep.