guns

klein

Für Meno :)
Contrary to what you believe, Klein, LOTS of Canadians own guns. Granted you are not allowed to carry concealed, but once you get out into the rural areas there are plenty of hunters who own rifles and even handguns. And shooting injured moose/elk/deer is a common duty for your "mounties" to have to perform, just like it is here in the States.

My whole family lives in rural Alberta, and none of them own a rifle , nor hunt.
Besides hunting is only allowed during hunting season and only with proof of a license to shoot a certain animal (for example white tail deer) - then you're only allowed to hunt for those, and nothing else.

In National Parks, hunting is totally illegal and having even a rifle with you is not allowed.
Bear spray works just as good for self defense.

And you,re right. The mounties can shoot half dead animals, or even live animals that have attacked humans.
But not the general population.

You just don't get it, and can't visualize living in a country with strict gun rules, that it's not even worth owning one.
And you can even visualize calling 911 if you see a half dead animal on the road.
Mounties are always nearby, in every little town and on every highway doing patrol.
So are park rangers.

Try shootin g an animal here, like you do in the US, and you'll end up in jail for a few nights, have court apperance, then face some hefty fines !

Next time you hit a dog or cat in your UPS truck, shoot it dead, and see how fast you'll lose your job once someone reports it !

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I wonder if Willie G, and all Harley owners share your opinion ?

Harley Davidson with Gun and Holster - YouTube

Maybe....

The real contribution from Willie G.... was to perpetuate the misspelling of tattoos

Seriously? His gun on the side of his prehistoric Dyna? He needs to carry a gun riding that relic. He would be laughed out of california. Here, someone would morelike take that gun out of the holster and smack him over the head with it.

I ride, a 2012 Harley FLHX, full dress, not some sissy bike with a gun on it trying to look hard.

That video is a joke.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
911 is not for animals in the road.......we have other numbers for that.

There are designated hunting seasons for everything from dove to deer. You go to jail and get huge fines for messing with the eagle and other protected species. The guy next door hunts duck (Oct-'til just after Xmas).He belongs to Ducks Unlimited.(World Leader in Wetlands & Waterfowl Conservation)

I hate the impression you try to put out about the USA. Why do you come to a site in the USA to do it. Go to a Canada site where you can bitch & gripe about how dumb the Americans are and your fellow canucks can commiserate with you .
It's like you're a parent always telling a child....."You'll never amount to anything, LOSER!!!"

It gets old. Go study your own Canadian politics, pet a mama bear, swallow a hockey puck, was it down with Molsens and go snore on the couch and watch the USA get that filthy, lousy cup again.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The new ones do have personality. They just don't leak their personality all over the driveway.
Actually the old ones dont all leak. We have a 1959 pan, and a 2005 sam (self assembled motorcycle) modeled after the 1959
. There is a company called accurate engineering that makes a gasket from silicone, the tag line is "these babies work". I could forward you the info if you like. Good luck having HD shop install anything but the same old worthless gaskets.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
On the subject of bears....

Here in Oregon we only have black bears, which are about the size of a Saint Bernard on steroids. They dont attack people. I have encountered them on 3 occasions, all while hunting. On two occasions, all I saw was the ass end of one running away (they are FAST) when it saw me. On the third...I saw one eating elderberries one time while I was deer hunting. I sat on a stump and watched it thru the scope of my rifle for almost half an hour. I dont hunt bears since I have no desire to eat their meat, and I found it a lot more enjoyable to just sit there and watch it munch berries on a sunny day. That was actually one of the best hunting experiences I have ever had in my life, and I went home empty handed. I personally would never shoot a bear unless it was literally about to devour me or had been hit my a car and needed to be put down.

klein

I been here (Stewart/Hyder - Canada/Alaska border) estimated 15 hr drive from Edmonton.
It's really awesome there, no border patrol either !
First the grizzlies come to feed off the salmon, and once they are done, the black bears arrive and do their feeding.

Hyder Alaska Bears and Wolf 2006 - YouTube

Trip to Stewart, British Columbia and Hyder, Alaska - YouTube

Here is a pic of the unpatroled border (entering Hyder, AK from Stewart, BC), was hoping for a reverse pic (entering Stewart from Hyder), but couldn't find one.
All they have is a sign, now entering Canada, if you have anything to declare, please call Canada immigration at 1800...number.
(Cigs and booze were much cheaper there - I stocked up) ! :)

20080709_EnterHyder.jpg

45.1273714770.on-the-way-to-stewart.jpg

Last edited:

klein

But, one thing I didn't mention is how fast the total infrastructure changes as seen in the pic above.
Even the Canadian built paved road, (with divider lines), turns into gravel pot hole road once entering the USA (Alaska).
Housing is also very poor compared to just a half a mile away.

But, not sure if I can blame the US government on that, probably much more the Alaskan government.
They are busy handing out oil royality checks to each Alaskan resident, and in return don't have the money left to do improvements.

texan

‘Joe the Plumber’ links deaths of Jews in Nazi Germany, gun control, in Ohio campaign video

I agree that this needs to be considered.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
‘Joe the Plumber’ links deaths of Jews in Nazi Germany, gun control, in Ohio campaign video

‘Joe the Plumber’ links deaths of Jews in Nazi Germany, gun control, in Ohio campaign video - The Washington Post

Your article shows what a maroon "JOE THE IDIOT" really is. JOE the maroon has no concept of what or what could not have saved the jewish community from genocide in Germany. The problem was well bigger than just arming the citizens.

In his desperate attempt to gain a political office, he video tapes his ridiculous claims and has sparked OUTRAGE across this country among political groups and jewish groups.

The best part of the article you posted was this:

Ohio Democratic Party Chairman Chris Redfern said the video was “incredibly offensive.” He called on Republicans and Democrats to condemn “the despicable actions of this very desperate man.

I loved that part.

Peace

TOS

klein

What an idiot !
I suppose he wants all the Muslims, Asians, Latinos living in America to start arming themselves (just incase), eh ?
Better yet, hand out a gun with every new greencard issued, and at every US border crossing & airport for tourists and other US visitors entering the US.