guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I like the Glock, I was looking at a Model 23 today. I have also been thinking about building an AR-15, but they had a SW built just like I want. I got the fever again, haven't shot in a long time.

The 23 is a good choice, you can drop a .357 SIG barrel into it with no other mods and shoot .357 SIG using your .40 magazines. Its like getting an extra gun for the price of a barrel.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have a Dan wesson .357 with a 6-inch barrel next to my bed, it looks like a cannon. I originally got it as a sidearm for hunting, its too big to carry as a concealed weapon. I like the Glock 23, it fits my hand good and the .40 caliber has good stopping power. I need to modernize a little in my house.

bbsam

Staff member
Something tells me that they werent using real knives or bullets.

I dont even want to bring a gun to a gun fight, let alone a knife. I'm not proud. If I hear gunshots, my fat ass is gonna be running away from them if at all possible. If its not possible...then unfortunately we arrive at plan "B".

They weren't. But they did show that within about 18 feet, the knife wielder was able to get the advantage on the individual with his weapon holstered.

soberups

They weren't. But they did show that within about 18 feet, the knife wielder was able to get the advantage on the individual with his weapon holstered.

That has nothing to do with the choice of weapon (knife vs gun) and everything to do with who is initiating the attack vs who is reacting to it. The advantage will always go to the attacker, regardless of weapon. Situational awareness is really the only way to counter that advantage.

bbsam

Staff member
That has nothing to do with the choice of weapon (knife vs gun) and everything to do with who is initiating the attack vs who is reacting to it. The advantage will always go to the attacker, regardless of weapon. Situational awareness is really the only way to counter that advantage.

That's fine. But there is a considerable zone within which the gun does not give the defensive advantage one might think.

soberups

I have a Dan wesson .357 with a 6-inch barrel next to my bed, it looks like a cannon. I originally got it as a sidearm for hunting, its too big to carry as a concealed weapon. I like the Glock 23, it fits my hand good and the .40 caliber has good stopping power. I need to modernize a little in my house.

There is a lot to be said for a good .357 revolver for home defense. They dont jam and they are simpler to operate under stress. The stainless .357 you see in the pic (S&W M66-3) is the one I keep by my bed.

soberups

That's fine. But there is a considerable zone within which the gun does not give the defensive advantage one might think.

In that respect, a holstered gun is no different than a holstered knife. If it isnt already in your hand, someone who is within 18 feet can indeed get to you before you can draw either weapon. This is one of the reasons I am a fan of the old-fashioned hammerless .38 snubnose revolver--you can carry it in a coat pocket and have your hand on it and ready to fire without having to draw it and you can shoot right thru your pocket or purse without worrying about it jamming.

klein

Für Meno :)
Here we go again ! Another 8-20 people shot, this time in Milwaukee.
OH well, just another sicko that had access to gun, thanks to easy US gun laws !

(CNN) -- Authorities responded to an incident at a Sikh temple in Milwaukee County on Sunday, where at least one body was seen laying in the parking lot. CNN affiliate WTMJ is reporting that multiple people may have been shot outside the temple.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
OH well, just another sicko that had access to gun, thanks to easy US gun laws !

(CNN) -- Authorities responded to an incident at a Sikh temple in Milwaukee County on Sunday, where at least one body was seen laying in the parking lot. CNN affiliate WTMJ is reporting that multiple people may have been shot outside the temple.

Klein, If your gonna post information...get it right.

Everyone, this is in Oak Creek, WI.

Howell Avenue and Marquette Avenue.
This is about a mile away from the Oak Creek Small Package Facility.

When you jump the gun with no facts and toss out another moronic statement like this do you realize how big an as$whole you look like?

klein

When you jump the gun with no facts and toss out another moronic statement like this do you realize how big an as$whole you look like?

What ? I got bad reps from AJ over it !
Okay, near Milwaukee then ! And btw, 1 police officer shot and killed, and no one knows how many inside have been shot and or killed.
But according to cell phone records, atleast another dozen.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
What ? I got bad reps from AJ over it !
Okay, near Milwaukee then ! And btw, 1 police officer shot and killed, and no one knows how many inside have been shot and or killed.
But according to cell phone records, atleast another dozen.

Klein, I never give bad rep.
Unfortunatelty, I would give it to you again.

NO POLICE OFFICERS DIED!!!!

One police office was shot multiple times.

STOP IT!!!

klein

nope, 4 dead found inside, 3 dead outside. And ofcourse multiple injured.
Just a total of 7, including the shooter, no biggie, eh ?
Happens every day in any major American city that 6 or more die of gun shots.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Where was he out of line in his post??

He clearly said 8 to 20... that shows that he doesnt not have CLARITY at the time of his posting.

IT matters not however, its just another mass shooting with guns in a country filled with gun shootings. A violent end to peoples lives so that others can live in the violent world that they fear.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
That is one of the most insensitive statements I have ever seen, anywhere.

True colors, shining thru.
It was a rave....just like Klein usually does.......................if you believed that was true, you haven't a brain in your head.

I suppose you think saying Reid is a pedophile was true too.

It was proving a point.......Klein acts like Canada is crime free and he delights when murders happen in the USA. He never fails to brin it up again & again. He delights in bad economic news here.

He delights in any misfortune that befalls an American.. I'm frankly sick of it and don't need him to tell me how many people are shot overnight, everynight, in every city in America. We have newspapers and we have TV news.

That is one of the most insensitive statements I have ever seen, anywhere.

True colors, shining thru.
If you had been around longer you would understand why people are throwing insensitive remarks toward him...he deserves it.

You want to scold Moreluck for what she said yet you are fine with him telling lie after lie?

Is that YOUR shinning light of colors?

While you're at it, who was she being insensitive to? The 56 people that were never killed with arrows?