guns

bbsam

Staff member
Turned on WOC (Reagan's radio station). The local right-wing talker was going on about how it is time to start arming the teachers and the older students like they do in Israel. Maybe not a bad idea if we have a draft like the IDF. Or we could give K-12 arms just like in Liberia. All third world nations do it. We don't want to get behind.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I can only imagine what kind of weapons this man had...." (TOS)

Why imagine? Wait for the final news story and you'll know for sure. The crime scene is still active, but you would rather "jump the gun"....so to speak.

moreluck

golden ticket member
How does another gov't dept. stop the killing when you have Dems. tweeting and saying "there will be blood" ??

Problems solved. Do you really want the lawn gnomes running the country??
Washington D.C. (December 14, 2012) – Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) today released the following statement after at least one gunman killed more than 25 people, including 18 children, at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.

“Today’s shooting was a tragedy of unimaginable proportions. Our hearts ache for the victims and their families. While we don’t know why this attack took place, it is an attack on education, on public safety and on our children.
“There is an undercurrent of violence in our society that is becoming more powerful. Whenever it surfaces it brings great tragedy and we pray: never again. But ‘never again’ keeps happening. Malls, schools, movie theaters; these murders attack our sense of community.

“It is long past time that we take an organized approach to addressing the violence in our society and that is exactly what the proposal for a cabinet level Department of Peace is all about. We must reject violence and take an organized approach to averting violence.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The victims families must love watching their dead loved ones being used as political props hours after being murdered.

Via Daily Caller:
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, a potential Democratic presidential candidate in 2016, called for “aggressive action” to increase gun control in the wake of the mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school Friday.

Cuomo expressed his condolences for the victims and their families in a statement posted on his website.
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of the innocent victims – many of whom were young children – whose lives were claimed by this senseless and horrific act of violence. During times of such unthinkable tragedy, all New Yorkers stand together with the people of our neighboring state to grieve the loss of life and help bear the pain and anguish that will be felt by so many in the weeks, months, and years to come.”

He said it was time to tackle the issue of gun control.

“While we don’t have all the facts and our focus must be on the victims, this is yet another senseless and horrific act of violence involving guns. We as a society must unify and once and for all crack down on the guns that have cost the lives of far too many innocent Americans,” he said. “Let this terrible tragedy finally be the wake-up call for aggressive action and I pledge my full support in that effort.”

DS

Fenderbender
I'm just finishing my route and I stopped to get a coffee at a donut shop, the tv was on and I just heard about this. The lady at the counter was crying. This is horrible.

moreluck

golden ticket member
They need to do a better job of keeping the mentally ill off the streets.
We just turn them loose or ignore them in the schools.....it's easier on those stressed out teachers that way. Like the ones leaving the classes to demonstrate the other day. How can you observe if you are not there?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Why not just stop them from getting guns ?
Oh no - that would be gun control.

If they are off the streets, then they aren't getting the guns. We just turn them loose here and ignore the school age ones.

Not on the main news, but in China yesterday, 22 students were stabbed.....not with a gun!! If you are determind to do bad, you are going to do it with a knife, a rock, etc.

If they are off the streets, then they aren't getting the guns. We just turn them loose here and ignore the school age ones.

Not on the main news, but in China yesterday, 22 students were stabbed.....not with a gun!! If you are determind to do bad, you are going to do it with a knife, a rock, etc.

................choking someone by shoving a hotdog down his throat.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll

How many of the Chinese students died on the spot?

Your schtick is really getting tiresome.

bbsam

Staff member
If you don't politicize this, what is there to say? "A disturbed individual did a horrible thing.". How many times has that been the alpha and the omega of the conversation?

moreluck

golden ticket member
How many of the Chinese students died on the spot?

Your schtick is really getting tiresome.
Wheredid I say any students were killed ? I only said stabbed. You are adding that!!
I was showing that sick people are going to do sick things and use any weapon (even cars) to do their maniacal games....better that x-box for them!! It's the real thing.

My "schtick" as you call it was an actual story......

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/world/15642677/man-stabs-22-children-at-china-primary-school/

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
What happened today was nothing but pure evil. Why are so many mentally disturbed people running around? The guns used today were bought by the shooter's mother. Why do you give access to weapons to a disturbed person? This guy shoots his mother in the face and then drives to the school that she worked at and murders innocent people. This is pure insanity, there was no reason for any of this.

DS

Fenderbender
I think the right to bear arms is an archaic premise that needs to be re-thunk.
I know a lot of you own guns in the name of self protection,but I agree with your president.
Something could and should be done to stop the senseless devastation that can happen
when every American,no matter if they are normal or insane,has the God given right to own a gun.
Just think about this for a minute[h=2]Over 9,000 Murders by Gun in US; 39 in UK[/h]http://www.juancole.com/2011/01/over-9000-murders-by-gun-in-us-39-in-uk.html

I know I'll take some flak for this but America should wake up.

island1fox

I am very sad over this killing of innocents.

Taking my right to own and taking away guns that I have had for over twenty years will not stop the killings. Evil will always exist .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Just a really terrible thing, I can't even imagine how screwed up that guy had to be to do what he did. I keep thinking about the parents and how they must feel.

DS

Fenderbender
I am very sad over this killing of innocents.

Taking my right to own and taking away guns that I have had for over twenty years will not stop the killings. Evil will always exist .
That may very well be true fox,but countries that exercise gun control,have far less gun related deaths
than the USA. C'mon 9000 people? What is this Nicaragua?
Over time,they could try to reduce the amount of guns in the USA.
400,000,000 guns is overkill.I'm not saying it will be easy,maybe amnesty for owners,
and severe penaltys for carrying without a permit.People with guns could keep them by
registering them,but all new applicants would be scrutinized carefully.
America needs to lose the cowboy mentality.

tourists24

That may very well be true fox,but countries that exercise gun control,have far less gun related deaths
than the USA. C'mon 9000 people? What is this Nicaragua?
Over time,they could try to reduce the amount of guns in the USA.
400,000,000 guns is overkill.I'm not saying it will be easy,maybe amnesty for owners,
and severe penaltys for carrying without a permit.People with guns could keep them by
registering them,but all new applicants would be scrutinized carefully.
America needs to lose the cowboy mentality.
Its not a "cowboy" mentality problem DS... its a societal problem.... simply making it illegal to have a gun isnt going to fix that problem.... all you do is disarm law abiding citizens and make it a little more inconvenient for the bad guys to get them

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, last week Chicago was at 487 murders this year sofar.
My city has 27.
Toronto, even larger than Chicago is in the 20-30 range, too.

I guess Canadians are brought up differently and have respect for human life, so are the Europeans, too.