guns

menotyou

bella amicizia
I don't see the need for 100 round clips, 500 round clips, or even 50 round clips. Problem is, where do you draw the line? I'm not saying it can't be drawn. I'm not saying it shouldn't or it should. I'm just saying that it is where the rub lies.

moreluck

golden ticket member
gun-free-zone_fish-barrel.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
Odd, because Reagan was for stricter gun laws !

You think it's odd that individuals should be held accountable for their actions?

The word "gun" is not mentioned in his quote!!! Whether he was for stricter gun laws or not is not relevent to this post!!

W

want to retire

I have a simple question for those of you who are in favor of guns----why would any private citizen need an assault rifle with a 100 bullet magazine?

To protect ourselves from people like you. The first thing the Nazi's and Russians did was take away the guns from private citizens. Then, they were free to murder tens of millions of their own people. The Founder's knew that a right to have arms in the Constitution was necessary because liberals and tyrants would eventually come after the arms and try to weaken their opposition. I'm more concerned with liberal Democrats than the punks walking the street.

W

want to retire

I don't see the need for 100 round clips, 500 round clips, or even 50 round clips. Problem is, where do you draw the line? I'm not saying it can't be drawn. I'm not saying it shouldn't or it should. I'm just saying that it is where the rub lies.

Why is there a "rub"? Millions of those high capacity clips just sit there like the knives in your kitchen drawer......Until a lunatic chooses to use them in say, murder. You dont see the need, but I do.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Can't blame God....He's not allowed in schools !!!!

CNN’s Ashleigh Banfield Attacks God For Allowing Newtown Massacre…

Now it’s God’s fault.

Father Jonathan Morris on FOX NEWS himself said it was GODS FAULT. He said that GOD allowed the Shooting and eventual deaths of all 28 people because it was a "TEST OF MANS FREE WILL".

By testing "MANS FREE WILL", Morris said something "good" will eventually come of it by GOD, because he knows what is right for us.

When asked, Morris responded with that statement.

Peace

TOS

A skilled shooter will be deadly regardless of a 15 or 50 shot clip. It's just a matter of a few seconds.

its like arguing that a Swiss Army knife has 5 blades instead of 1.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The politicians and uninformed sheeple who are jumping on the bandwagon to ban "assault weapons" kind of remind me of UPS's "Safety Committees". There are lots of buzzwords and catch phrases, lots of empty rhetoric and half-assed "feel good" solutions, and lots of people who simply want to take credit for being involved without having to do the work of taking an unbiased and painfully honest look at the underlying problems. It doesnt matter if they accomplish anything or not as long as they can pander to the electorate and make it look like they are accomplishing something. In the final analysis, we wont wind up being any safer once the ban gets passed, but I bet our schools will have even bigger "gun free zone" stickers plastered on the front doors, along with a few unarmed "security" guards who will walk around with badges and walkie-talkies making sure we all feel nice and safe.

You know, youre a smart guy, you know your guns. For that I give you credit. What is obvious however, is your constant view that everyone else is "sheeple or uninformed" about guns. What kind of world do you want the rest of us to live in?

Your world? Where you are so afraid of everything that you need a gun on your person at all times? A world where we fortify schools like an friend.O.B. in the iraqi desert? A world where we trust no one and we shoot first and ask questions later?

Listen, even if we secure every school with guns and high walls, the NRA nuts who own guns will only take those assault weapons to the next "killbox" like a church, a mall, a sporting event, a concert and such.

GUN NUTS are just that, NUTS.

Granted, when people buy guns and register, they follow the law, but then life happens. It could be a termination, it could be property dispute, it could be a divorce, it could be depression but, whatever it is, that legal GUN owner goes nuts and he needs to take it out on the world with all the firepower he was able to legally buy.

There are NO buzzwords for 20 massacred children.

Why dont you try and leave your guns at home for a week, see how that feels. See if your challenged on the street and need that gun with you. If not, do it again for two weeks. Eventually, youll leave that gun in a safe in your home everyday.

If you do get challenged, then contact a real estate agent and move to my neighborhood.

peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Via Fox News:
The National Rifle Association, while staying mostly quiet in the immediate aftermath of the mass shooting in Connecticut, has registered an average of 8,000 new members a day since the tragedy, an NRA source told Fox News.

While this broadly aligns with trends seen after similar incidents in the past, the surge in membership this time is said to dwarf past trends.

The source, based on his access to an internal memo prepared by the organization’s membership division, said both the number of individual contributions to the NRA and their average amount have risen significantly in this period.

Amid the uptick, the NRA is planning what it describes as a “major” news conference on Friday. In its first public statement since last week’s shooting, issued Tuesday by an aide to NRA President Wayne LaPierre, the organization also conveyed condolences to the murder victims’ families and expressed the group’s willingness to offer “meaningful contributions to help make sure this never happens again.”

mo money, mo money, mo money to promote weapons of mass destruction against the american people.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
To protect ourselves from people like you. The first thing the Nazi's and Russians did was take away the guns from private citizens. Then, they were free to murder tens of millions of their own people. The Founder's knew that a right to have arms in the Constitution was necessary because liberals and tyrants would eventually come after the arms and try to weaken their opposition. I'm more concerned with liberal Democrats than the punks walking the street.

This is the kind of nonsense people say everyday in this country. The words of the "programmed". Where in history do you find this conclusion?

Of course you wont have a source to established this point, but Ill tell ya what. In 1903, the national guard was established to protect the states and the militias ( the founders creation) were eliminated.

The gun argument can be made all day long with respect to the 2nd amendment, and today, gun owners have the benefit of 5 conservative judges on the supreme court. In the next four years, if the NRA cannot control its members and do something about gun owners losing their minds and committing mass murders, and ANY of the conservative judges retire or drop dead, then the 2nd amendment will probably be revisited.

If so, you may find those rights curtailed WORSE than a simple ban on assault weapons of mass destruction.

Chose your pain.

Peace

TOS

wkmac

If a weapon is called an assault weapon and not a defense weapon (for the record you can be assaulted by any number of non firearm objects) then why do we not call the Department of Defense, the Department of Assault?

And if we invade a country and in doing so not only are those citizens restricted in freedom but so are we back home, then how does a soldier become known as the "defender of freedom"?

If we invade another country, we bring death and destruction yet how do we call that bringing "peace and prosperity"?

war-is-peace-orwell.png

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, is Biden just doing "busy work" to keep him busy ?????

I’d be surprised if he didn’t.
(Reuters) – The Obama administration will consider executive actions and specific proposals for legislation as part of its gun policy response to the school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Wednesday.
Holder, who has been a vocal proponent of a new ban on certain semiautomatic rifles, told reporters that a range of options need to be considered in the coming weeks.

Those options will have to include a “strong and robust” Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the chronically under-funded agency that enforces federal gun laws, he said.

“It’s clear that we need to do more,” Holder said. He did not specifically call on Wednesday for a return of the assault weapon ban.