guns

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What do you percieve this to mean?? Nowhere in the statement does Kennedy state that you can have a GUN for personal protection, rather, he makes it clear that civilian arms should be at the ready for "defense of the country"....

He doesnt talk about gun racks in 4x4's, or old white men with lockers full of clips and ammo.

Defense of the country. Not shooting your wife for an indescretion. Not for shooting your former boss who fired you. Not for shooting your entire family because you lost your mind. Not for shooting up a school filled with little children and blowing holes in them 10 inches in diameter.

Reading. Something that seems to escape a few of you.

Peace

TOS

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It's amazing how much Newtown is in the media. It deserves to be there for sure. But this happens in other countries every single day. It happens in Congo everyday. It happens in lots of places. Newtown wasn't even the deadliest school attack. The Bath Michigan school house attack was the deadliest. One farmer took out an entire school wing with dynamite killing 38 kids and 6 adults. I'm not trying to compare or take away from any awful event. I grew up in South Los Angeles in South Gate which butts up to Watts and Compton. I've had my share of drive by shootings and have seen first hand the devastation of guns. However...the vast majority of those guns are stolen or illegally obtained. I lived there for the 92 LA Riots. The Koreans went and bought enough guns for a small militia because their stores were being targeted by the looters/rioters. It was no secret that the African Americans and Asians didn't like each other...but that's besides the point. The odd thing is...there was little death. If those folks didn't arm themselves, they would have been slaughtered. And then the military/police/Nat Guard would have had to use deadly force to stop the slaughters. They shot their guns into the ground to discourage the rioters. Few were shot or hurt. I own an old .22 longrifle. I'm not a gun guy. But I did see firsthand how guns deter violence. Guns/knives/sticks and stones require operators to do their deeds. They don't go off on their own.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The gun I want has a standard issue magazine of 20, plus one if you keep one in the chamber. Is that high capacity?

Depends on the laws of your state. In the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, 20 round detachable mags are illegal unless they are "grandfathered" in. 10 rounds is the limit. I would suspect Illinois has similar restrictve laws.

over9five

Staff member
Depends on the laws of your state. In the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, 20 round detachable mags are illegal unless they are "grandfathered" in. 10 rounds is the limit. I would suspect Illinois has similar restrictve laws.
As does The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts. Like everywhere else, it only applies to law-abiding citizens. Criminals can carry whatever they please.

wkmac

Nothing ticks me off more than celebrities who preach the evils of "gun violence" and call for more infringements on our 2nd Amendment rights...while at the SAME time making millions of dollars on movies and videos that glorify gun violence.

I like this version myself.

Demand A Plan to End Wars | DEMAND A PLAN | - YouTube

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Diane Feinstein can kiss my ass again. I hit the mother lode at my local Bimart this morning, I called and they had just gotten in a shipment of the Butler Creek 25 round mags for the Ruger 10/22 I bought there yesterday. These mags are sold out or backordered everywhere. I know people who have been looking for them for weeks. They are $19.95 each, if I wanted to I could get on ebay or a local gun owners forum and flip 'em for twice what I paid, there are people posting ads wanting to buy these who will pay 2x retail for one. I will be heading to the range here in a bit to load 'em up and do some plinking. Im damn glad I dont live in Illinois or the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia where these would be illegal!

A9FB8A1A-8D6A-4CD9-BC56-B5047629111F-4718-00000695278DD05E.jpg

Diane Feinstein can kiss my ass again. I hit the mother lode at my local Bimart this morning, I called and they had just gotten in a shipment of the Butler Creek 25 round mags for the Ruger 10/22 I bought there yesterday. These mags are sold out or backordered everywhere. I know people who have been looking for them for weeks. They are $19.95 each, if I wanted to I could get on ebay or a local gun owners forum and flip 'em for twice what I paid, there are people posting ads wanting to buy these who will pay 2x retail for one. I will be heading to the range here in a bit to load 'em up and do some plinking. Im damn glad I dont live in Illinois or the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia where these would be illegal!

A9FB8A1A-8D6A-4CD9-BC56-B5047629111F-4718-00000695278DD05E.jpg

just in select cities and Cook county. The rest of us hayseeds can stock up and join you on the range.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
The gun I want has a standard issue magazine of 20, plus one if you keep one in the chamber. Is that high capacity?

FN 5.7.... Nice.

Around here, we call them normal capacity.... that is what the firearm was designed for. :wink2:

The media.... is the one that came up with "high capacity". Makes them sound bad.

Last edited: