guns

moreluck

golden ticket member
She really wanted to take away all guns !!!

Diane Feinstein Gun ban in 1995 - She wanted to Ban all guns, Force turn in - YouTube

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As far as I am concerned, "gun control" means hitting what you are aiming at.

The first target is a 10 shot group at 100 yards with my scoped, bolt-action Savage MKII .22 off the bench, using bulk Remington ammo. 3 of my shots went in to the same hole. I'm pretty happy with this group, considering that it was windy and snowing outside. The gun itself is capable of better accuracy than I am, especially if I used premium ammo.

The second target is about 15 shots that I rapid-fired from my new Ruger 10/22, off the bench at 25 yards. I dont have a scope on it yet and my eyesight doesnt allow for any sort of accuracy with iron sights at 100 yards, so I just plinked around at short range and had fun peppering my steel pendulum targets with it. A friend of mine was also there at the range with his son, and the three of us had a good time popping away with our 22's and enjoying the outdoors on a crisp winter day. Its too bad there are so many politicians who want to ban or regulate such a simple, healthy and enjoyable activity.
09CDE16F-54DF-4B93-B457-CFA1DB22D0FC-4718-000006B4BEEFAA9F.jpg

02A1C44A-0CA7-419D-A1DA-9D57D404AEDD-4718-000006B4C1CD7023.jpg

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
so how many bullets in a clip/magazine does one *need* to ward off home intruders? How many you expecting to show up and not flee at the first shot?

If everyone was as skilled as you, I'd say 5 rounds should do. Let's start there.

so how many bullets in a clip/magazine does one *need* to ward off home intruders? How many you expecting to show up and not flee at the first shot?

If everyone was as skilled as you, I'd say 5 rounds should do. Let's start there.

Depends. How many will the intruders come in with? I'll take just one more than them. Lets start there.

soberups

I consider myself to be an average shot at best, and my modest skills would not be improved during the adrenaline rush of a life or death situation. I want as many chances as possible. I highly doubt that anyone who has ever survived a gunfight or a violent encounter has ever looked back on it and wished that they had had less ammunition in their gun. I see nothing to be gained by artificially decreasing the ammunition capacity of a weapon to some arbitrary number in order to appease those who fear and hate guns.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

I only have 10 clips for my handguns ... I'd feel better if I had more.
My Mossberg Defender 12 gauge shotguns hold 6 rounds each (I have alternating sabot and 00 buck rounds in each) ... I'd feel better if I had more.

Maybe 15 or 20 for each would make me feel better.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't mind if somebody doesn't like guns. There are a lot of people that have no business owning them. They are not toys that should be carelessly left around loaded where children or mentally challenged people can access them. What I do mind is somebody trying to force their flawed ideals about them on me. If you have no desire for ownership of any, then good for you. Just don't think that you are smarter and know what is best for everybody else. We already have enough laws and regulations about their use. I don't appreciate an administration that sells guns to drug dealers in Mexico telling me that an honest law abiding citizen like myself does not have that same right.

soberups

As far as the idea of arming teachers goes...I would speculate that the majority of the schools in my state actually do have an armed teacher on campus already, legally carrying concealed with a permit but without the knowledge or "permission" of the school administration. It is legal here to carry on school grounds if you have a permit, but for teachers it is a violation of their work rules so they would probably get fired if they ever got caught. Of course...if some madman shows up at the school and starts blasting away, getting "caught" carrying would be the least of a teachers worries at that point. Better to fight, survive and get fired than to spend the last moments of your life watching your students get slaughtered before the gunman drops the hammer on you.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Weekly Standard:
In 2012, 532 people were murdered in the city of Chicago, according to statistics compiled by theCrime in Chicago website. The number of people murdered the year before was 441, meaning in the city of Chicago, murders have increased by 91 from 2011 to 2012.
The Chicago Police Department was not available to confirm these numbers today, which is New Year’s Day.
The website also claims that, through December 25, 2012, there 2,670 people were shot in Chicago last year. That’s also an increase from the year before, when 2,217 people were shot in Chicago that year.

In all, it means that on average almost 1.5 people were murdered in Chicago each day last year, while on average 7.3 people were shot each day.

kingbing

Basically you carry a gun because other people in carry guns if nobody carried a gun the world would be a safer place
You have real problems in America

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Check out the UK or any other country that went gun free.
They have bigger problems .
Basically the concept of being gun free is a major failure.