guns

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm disappointed right now, I went to the local range to shoot my new Glock and they decided to close early. I thought it would be easy to get an open lane with the Falcon's game on. I will have to wait till next week to try it out.

wkmac

George Washington is also quoted as saying:

A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.

First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

Why not consider the words of Elbridge Gerry, spoken during the debate for the 2nd amendment:

"What, Sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty.... Whenever Governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise an army upon their ruins." (Rep. Elbridge Gerry of Massachusetts, spoken during floor debate over the Second Amendment [ I Annals of Congress at 750 {August 17, 1789}])

Those that argue for gun regulation/banning have some measure of grounds because the very militia spoken of in the Constitution which most of you speak of has been all but buried and mostly by your own hands. The irony is that the same bunch who parade themselves with the rights of the militia have also paraded the hero worship of the standing army, the vehicle of tyranny and empire, and thus abrogated your standing to claim in the debate.

If standing armies are the bane of liberty, then militias are the bane of tyranny and you can't have it both ways. Stop the hero worship of state and flag as the first steps back to liberty. The very institution that claims as the defender of freedom is in fact being used to undermine that very thing. Stop believing the lies nor repeating them!

"No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." (Thomas Jefferson, Proposal Virginia Constitution, 1 T. Jefferson Papers, 334,[C.J.Boyd, Ed., 1950])

"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves...and include all men capable of bearing arms." (Richard Henry Lee, Additional Letters from the Federal Farmer (1788) at 169)

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States" (Noah Webster in 'An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution', 1787, a pamphlet aimed at swaying Pennsylvania toward ratification, in Paul Ford, ed., Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States, at 56(New York, 1888))

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Diane Feinstein can kiss my ass.

1FC92B3B-8576-46F6-A2AB-C05A1F731F43-4223-000005C9AF4FB62E.jpg

soberups

I went to my local Bi Mart today and was able to score the last Ruger 10/22 they had in stock. All the other gun stores in the Portland area that I called were sold out, but I lucked out at the place closest to my home. As an added bonus, they actually had it on sale for $15 off. They were sold out of the Butler Creek 25 round magazines, but I still have a couple kicking around in my gun box that came my way in a trade a few years ago. I used to have a 10/22 but wound up selling it to a family member, and have been meaning to replace it ever since. Well its now or never, so I bought one. Im pretty sure I will be able to pick up a couple more 25 round mags once the store gets its next shipment. These are super fun little plinkers to take to the range, the .22 ammo is cheap and still easy to find, and there are tons of aftermarket parts available. My next order of business is to get a scope with some see through mounts put on it, and maybe some fiber-optic sights to replace the stock painted ones. While I was out and about I also bought 3 more 30-round mags for my AK and a couple boxes of 9mm ammo that was on sale for only $11 a box. Diane Feinswine and Nancy Pelosi can kiss my butt just as soon as they have gotten the knot out of their granny panties!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Why do you have more firepower than the entire Canadian military?

Upstate,
Do you know what a Ruger 10/22 is?

It's essentially a target practice rifle or small game (squirrel,rabbit).

BTW Sober,
I have a Ruger 22 Long rifle Mark II target pistol.
Great fun for plinking and target and the occasional squirrel that absolutely destroys my bird feeders.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
With the high cost and scarcity of ammo and high powered semi-automatic rifles these days, the .22 caliber weapons are an excellent choice. They are economical to shoot and in a SHTF situation you could live off rabbits, squirrels, and other small game.

soberups

With the high cost and scarcity of ammo and high powered semi-automatic rifles these days, the .22 caliber weapons are an excellent choice. They are economical to shoot and in a SHTF situation you could live off rabbits, squirrels, and other small game.

If the world as we know it ended today and I could only have one gun to feed and defend myself with, it would be a Ruger 10/22 with a 3x9 scope and a bunch of 25 round mags. You can kill small game, and even deer out to 75 or 100 yards if you know what you are doing. Not the optimum choice for self defense, but it is accurate and easy enough to shoot that you can select which eyeball, nostril or testicle you want to hit on the bad guy and if you miss on your first shot theres 24 more where that came from.

I also have a Savage bolt-action .22 with an accu-trigger and a 3x9 scope that is scary accurate with good ammo, at 50 yards I can just about put 5 rounds into the same hole. And since its a bolt gun, it wont jam up or have feeding issues with cheap or corroded ammo like the 10/22 will.

soberups

Thanks, but you did not answer my question. So, I will ask it again.

Since alcohol is a direct causitive factor in far more deaths, crime and violence than guns are, do you favor licening and registration and waiting periods for the purchase of all alcoholic beverages as well as mandatory training, background checks and mental health evuations for all persons who wish to buy alcoholic beverages? Do you favor bans on " high capacity" 40 ounce bottles of malt liquor that serve no legitimate "social drinking" purpose?

A straight yes or no answer, please.

Do you buy your canards and strawmen by the case? Because you sure do use them a lot.

It is neither a canard nor a straw man. Its a legitimate question. Those who advocate the strict control, licensing, registration, background checks and waiting periods for gun purchases justify these infringements upon our liberty by pointing out the supposed "social cost" of gun ownership in terms of lives lost. I am merely asking such people to be consistent in their desire for strict government control and oversight of dangerous items like guns...or alcoholic beverages. It is a documentable fact that alcohol causes far more deaths than guns do, so where is the hue and cry for additional restrictions and regulations on the right to purchase it?

bbsam

Staff member
I just thought that if sober was going to be gettin' lovin' from Feinstein, I should be able to get some as well.

soberups

I just thought that if sober was going to be gettin' lovin' from Feinstein, I should be able to get some as well.

I'm not gay, but if Feinstein was the last woman on earth I might at least consider learning to bat for the other team.