guns

moreluck

golden ticket member
11abdhs.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
TOS, I think I know why you can't understand the difference between weapons .
You think that news reporters are honest , highly knowledgeable & truthful .
Very bad assumption .
With every story you should try to get info from different sources before coming to a conclusion.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS, I think I know why you can't understand the difference between weapons .
You think that news reporters are honest , highly knowledgeable & truthful .
Very bad assumption .
With every story you should try to get info from different sources before coming to a conclusion.

Look bro, assault weapons are just that, assault weapons. Only a gun nut would try to describe a military style weapon as a squirrel shooter.

I asked before, and NOT one of you would answer the question, "where is your red line with civilian deaths that would cause you to reconsider some form of gun control"...?

Its clear that 11 thousand deaths a year are fine with YOU and the other supporters of guns. But, what number is TOO HIGH for you each year?

25K ? 50K ? 100K ? 1 Million?

Where will you reach your limit and call for some kind of gun control?

It appears that as long as its someone else's life that is taken then human deaths are fine with you. YOU and the others can see dozens of people killed or shot in a movie theatre and yet, be absolutely fine with the weapons, ammo and accessories the shooter had with him and then describe those weapons as squirrel shooters.

This country's gun culture have become OBSESSIVE with guns, and having more guns that is necessary is a SICKNESS and not a hobby.

Eventually, that SICKNESS turns to violence. Its only a matter of time and circumstances.

Peace

TOS

wkmac

Another poster elsewhere in this forum pointed out that "context is everything" and that poster made a valid point. That said and again context being everything, I found the following paragraph in a Wikipedia article entitled, "Gun Violence in the United States" rather interesting and informative.

In 2009, according to the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, 66.9% of all homicides in the United States were perpetrated using a firearm. There were 52,447 deliberate and 23,237 accidental non-fatal gunshot injuries in the United States during 2000. Just over half of all gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides, with 17,352 (55.6%) of the total 31,224 firearm-related deaths in 2007 suicide deaths, and 12,632 (40.5%) homicide deaths. Some suicides are committed after the perpetrator has committed one or more murders.

And again for the sake of context I would recommend reading the entire wiki article.

brett636

Look bro, assault weapons are just that, assault weapons. Only a gun nut would try to describe a military style weapon as a squirrel shooter.

I asked before, and NOT one of you would answer the question, "where is your red line with civilian deaths that would cause you to reconsider some form of gun control"...?

Its clear that 11 thousand deaths a year are fine with YOU and the other supporters of guns. But, what number is TOO HIGH for you each year?

25K ? 50K ? 100K ? 1 Million?

Where will you reach your limit and call for some kind of gun control?

It appears that as long as its someone else's life that is taken then human deaths are fine with you. YOU and the others can see dozens of people killed or shot in a movie theatre and yet, be absolutely fine with the weapons, ammo and accessories the shooter had with him and then describe those weapons as squirrel shooters.

This country's gun culture have become OBSESSIVE with guns, and having more guns that is necessary is a SICKNESS and not a hobby.

Eventually, that SICKNESS turns to violence. Its only a matter of time and circumstances.

Peace

TOS

I find that 11k rather low when you consider that societies ruled by despots, like the one we have now, have suffered deaths in the millions while subjected to strict gun control laws.

brett636

Your link is the first I've seen that. I checked other sites that would have that on them and not a word. I like the including of pump shotguns, criminalizing lawful owners, and the targeting of shooting ranges. That's interesting because our local ranges is collectively run by the area law enforcement.

I was doubting it myself, but after finding more stories on it it appears that your state legislature is planning on ramming this through within a week. Better start flooding them with phone calls because this stomps on so much of your 2nd amendment rights it isn't funny.

BREAKING: Illinois Modern Firearms Ban and Mag Cap Bills Pass Out of Committee | The Truth About Guns

Illinois Dems advance ban on most modern firearms | Fox News

China wants USA to disarm 21.12.2012 | Source:Pravda.Ru

48918.jpeg

The Communist Party of China demands the U.S. should disarm. According to Chinese officials, the recent school massacre gave all to understand that one should not wait any longer. The country's leaders believe that the brutality of the Connecticut shooter will ensure the widest public support for arms reduction, Infowars.com reports with reference to China's news agency Xinhua.Xinhua is, in fact, the press service of the current government of China. This organization is responsible for "the work of the State Council and for the reports of the Party on Chinese propaganda and public information services." In other words, Xinhua is a mouthpiece of Chinese leaders.Thus, the Chinese government calls Obama "to use the tragedy as a reason to promote the law on the control of weapons." According to Chinese officials, now is the best time to act so, since the president has just been elected for a second term.They also note that although previous similar shootings did not to any serious actions, the most recent tragedy may serve an important impetus to revise the system of arms control."According to US-based activist and FBI informant Brandon Darby, "the current Chinese government killed from 40 to 70 million people during Mao Zedong's Revolution. Mao himself said that "political power starts in the barrel of a gun."

I wonder how many mass murders were committed with a hammer. Anyone got a guess?

Could be quite a few if some deranged "hammer-nut" got his hands on one of these.

Powered by a durable lithium-ion battery, the 12.0 Volt Rotating Hammerhead provides high speed and high torque to drive nails through different kinds of wood from construction lumber to finished wood. With it's superior speed of 3600 impacts per minute, it can handle nails up to 16d size. All this makes this tool an absolute essential.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh. I thought we were trying to prevent mass murders like Sandyhook and Aurora. I haven't heard anyone speak of ending violence once and for all.

brett636

Oh. I thought we were trying to prevent mass murders like Sandyhook and Aurora. I haven't heard anyone speak of ending violence once and for all.

Shouldn't the focus be on what has the greatest benefit? Sandyhook and aurora are both the exception, not the rule. If saving peoples lives is really the goal then focusing on where the most lives are lost makes most sense to me. If you want to focus on Sandy hook and Aurora then mental health practices is where the focus should be since both were perpetrated by people with severe mental deficiencies that had not been addressed properly.

Shouldn't the focus be on what has the greatest benefit? Sandyhook and aurora are both the exception, not the rule. If saving peoples lives is really the goal then focusing on where the most lives are lost makes most sense to me. If you want to focus on Sandy hook and Aurora then mental health practices is where the focus should be since both were perpetrated by people with severe mental deficiencies that had not been addressed properly.

......And SEVERE, ENFORCED, sentances for unlawful use of a firearm in a criminal act.

bbsam

Staff member
I've always advocated for the mental health aspect. I just think ridiculous forays into issues other than gun violence are done only to muddy the waters. And on the day when somebody takes a nail gun into an elementary school and masacres 26 individuals, I will see the point you are trying to make. I don't know why the psychos choose fire arms. But that is the world we live in.

brett636

I've always advocated for the mental health aspect. I just think ridiculous forays into issues other than gun violence are done only to muddy the waters. And on the day when somebody takes a nail gun into an elementary school and masacres 26 individuals, I will see the point you are trying to make. I don't know why the psychos choose fire arms. But that is the world we live in.

Issues other than gun violence isn't done to muddy the waters, but to bring everything into perspective. If you really want to save peoples lives do you want to focus on car accidents which kill 40k people a year, or gun violence which is about a quarter of that?

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I've always advocated for the mental health aspect...." (bbsam)

You say you have advocated......what is it you have done?

So when the guy beat his grandma to death, you attended his parole hearing and said "don't parole him?"

[h=2]ad·vo·cate[/h] /ˈæd vəˌkeɪt; ˈæd və kɪt, -ˌkeɪt/ Show Spelled [ad-vuh-keyt; ad-vuh-kit, -keyt] Show IPA verb, ad·vo·cat·ed, ad·vo·cat·ing, noun. verb (used with object) 1. to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly: He advocated higher salaries for teachers.

noun 2. a person who speaks or writes in support or defense of a person, cause, etc. (usually followed by of ): an advocate of peace.

3. a person who pleads for or in behalf of another; intercessor.

4. a person who pleads the cause of another in a court of law.