guns

bbsam

Staff member
That could provide real potential as a starting point for humor but something tells me in this place it will get real :censored2: pretty fast!
This way folks could know what's going on in both ends. Psych eval, colonoscopy. I was actually fascinated with mine? Much different than I had ever envisioned...not that I sit around wondering what my innards look like or anything....

moreluck

golden ticket member
This way folks could know what's going on in both ends. Psych eval, colonoscopy. I was actually fascinated with mine? Much different than I had ever envisioned...not that I sit around wondering what my innards look like or anything....

Pretty & Pink......

moreluck

golden ticket member
68a25u.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
The info is available to anyone who wants it according to the Freeom of info. act.
So, if you want to go to the agency and get the info......you can.

But, to publish this info. to even people who really don't care to know any of it is wrong. IMO. Left to ther own resources, maybe 100 people would go get this info. ( that's a high estimate). By printing it, the paper gave it to however big a number their readership is.

If this was my paper, I would be cancelling!!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-endangers-public-new-york-county-clerk-says/

bbsam

Staff member
It's a description I rec'd from someone who actually watched on a TV while it was being done.
I don't do Facebook!!

an accurate description. I don't do Facebook either. I would post the pictures here, but I'm afraid scratch would deem that terrible.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Comparing Chicago to Az is quite accurate.
With all the open borders along Az southern front ; drug smugglers & such , it is an actual warzone . Ranchers are leaving their homes & property due to the lack of safety , and yes they are armed , but the bad guys come at them from all directions .
Yet even with all this violence it is still less deadly then living in Chicago.

Comparing Chicago to Az is quite accurate.
With all the open borders along Az southern front ; drug smugglers & such , it is an actual warzone . Ranchers are leaving their homes & property due to the lack of safety , and yes they are armed , but the bad guys come at them from all directions .
Yet even with all this violence it is still less deadly then living in Chicago.

Ill walk through Chicago any day of the week before I'll walk through some US/Mexico border town with the drug war crap going on.

The "bad" area of Chicago that everyone wants to get their murder/shootings numbers from is a localized area on the far south side where the inhabitants feed upon their own.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe they should just let the people carry the guns in their holsters.....then, you'd know for sure who has guns and who doesn't !!!

Why stop there? Force them to wear a scarlet letter or perhaps paint a giant red X on their front doors.
(NBC News) — Lawmakers across the state are taking on gun control issues in the aftermath of the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown on Dec. 14.

State Rep. Stephen Dargen, a Democratic legislator from West Haven, wants the names and addresses of about 170,000 handgun permit holders in the state to be made public.

Names of gun owners are now confidential, but Dargen believes if people know how many guns are spread across communities, they’ll be safer.

State Senator Martin Looney, of New Haven, is proposing ammunition control legislation, which would prohibit anyone barred from owning a gun from owning bullets or any other kind of ammunition.

“A gun without ammunition is only a club. We really need to restrict access to ammunition,” Looney said.

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
"As governor of California, Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford Act, which prohibited the carrying of firearms on your person, in your vehicle, and in any public place or on the street, and he also signed off on a 15-day waiting period for firearm purchases. After leaving the presidency, he supported the passage of the Brady bill that established by federal law a nationwide, uniform standard of a 7-day waiting period for the purchase of handguns to enable background checks on prospective buyers. He urged then President Bush to drop his opposition to the bill."

moreluck

golden ticket member
Via Fox News:
Reformed crooks say the New York newspaper that published a map of names and addresses of gun owners did a great service – to their old cronies in the burglary trade.

The information published online by the Journal-News, a daily paper serving the New York suburbs of Westchester, Rockland and Putnam counties, could be highly useful to thieves in two ways, former burglars told FoxNews.com. Crooks looking to avoid getting shot now know which targets are soft and those who need weapons know where they can steal them.

“That was the most asinine article I’ve ever seen,” said Walter T. Shaw, 65, a former burglar and jewel thief who the FBI blames for more than 3,000 break-ins that netted some $70 million in the 1960s and 1970s

“Having a list of who has a gun is like gold – why rob that house when you can hit the one next door, where there are no guns?
“What they did was insanity,” added Shaw, author of “License to Steal,” a book about his criminal career.

The newspaper published the online map last month alongside an article titled, “The gun owner next door: What you don’t know about the weapons in your neighborhood.” The map included the names and addresses of pistol permit holders in Westchester and Rockland counties obtained through a Freedom of Information Act request.

bbsam

Staff member
If I were a burglar, I think I'd like that information because guns are easily sold. It's more important to know that the house is vacant. Guns are just another item easily turned into cash. Now, the interesting thing is after I steal said guns, how many people are going to report them stolen before they are used in a crime?

If I were a burglar, I think I'd like that information because guns are easily sold. It's more important to know that the house is vacant. Guns are just another item easily turned into cash. Now, the interesting thing is after I steal said guns, how many people are going to report them stolen before they are used in a crime?

Why would a lawful owner hesitate to report a stolen gun? Especially a stolen gun.

Next he's going to say that the thief watching violent movies on a stolen tv with his kids makes the owner responsible for corrupting children.

Last edited: