guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
New York Newsday: Criticism of The Journal News, which published a gun permit database last month, broadened Friday with Rockland law enforcement officials saying the map listing the names and addresses of those with gun permits is endangering lives.
Inmates at the Rockland County jail are taunting corrections officers by saying they know the guards’ home addresses — information they got from the list published by Westchester-based newspaper, Rockland County Sheriff Louis Falco said.
“Since about 9:30 this morning, I’ve been in a meeting with my corrections officers and their unions. They have inmates coming up to them and telling them exactly where they live. That’s not acceptable to me,” Falco said at a news conference Friday morning in New City, where local leaders condemned the list.

The issue I see here is not that the newspaper published the names and addresses of pistol permit holders...it is that those law-abiding citizens were required by their nanny-state government to have the permits in the first place. One more reason why I am glad to live in Oregon and not the Peoples Republic of New Yoik.

soberups

I saw this movie once called Schindler's List. I was struck that in the movie only the military and police had guns and wondered why that was.

Something tells me that the Holocaust would have had a much different ending if the Jews had been armed.

A perfect example of a different outcome is Switzerland. During WWII they were completely surrounded on all sides by the Nazis, yet for some strange reason they were the only nation in Europe (except for Spain and Portugal) that didnt get occupied. Perhaps the fact that every adult male had a rifle and knew how to use it can explain this odd fact.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just one of the millions of defensive uses of guns. Anyone want to tell this woman she shouldn’t have defended her children?
Via WSBTV in Georgia:
A woman hiding in her attic with children shot an intruder multiple times before fleeing to safety Friday.

The incident happened at a home on Henderson Ridge Lane in Loganville around 1 p.m. The woman was working in an upstairs office when she spotted a strange man outside a window, according to Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman. He said she took her 9-year-old twins to a crawlspace before the man broke in using a crowbar.

But the man eventually found the family.
“The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he’s staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver,” Chapman told Channel 2′s Kerry Kavanaugh

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I saw this movie once called Schindler's List. I was struck that in the movie only the military and police had guns and wondered why that was.

2r44fow.jpg

soberups

Woman Shoots Intruder Who Broke In, Defends Her Children

Just one of the millions of defensive uses of guns. Anyone want to tell this woman she shouldn’t have defended her children?
Via WSBTV in Georgia:
A woman hiding in her attic with children shot an intruder multiple times before fleeing to safety Friday.

The incident happened at a home on Henderson Ridge Lane in Loganville around 1 p.m. The woman was working in an upstairs office when she spotted a strange man outside a window, according to Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman. He said she took her 9-year-old twins to a crawlspace before the man broke in using a crowbar.

But the man eventually found the family.
“The perpetrator opens that door. Of course, at that time he’s staring at her, her two children and a .38 revolver,” Chapman told Channel 2′s Kerry Kavanaugh

The article said the perp was in surgery suffering from 5 gunshot wounds from the .38 special revolver that the woman emptied into him.

Imagine how much money that the woman could have saved us taxpayers if she would have used a .357, or a .45, or one of those evil "high capacity" 9mm's instead.

Ms. Hasson like to post the addresses of register gun owners. Looks like they're fighting back.

Janet Hasson, publisher, Journal News | Publisher, Journal News, Cyndee RoyleJanet Hasson, publisher, Journal News | Publisher, Journal News, Cyndee Royle

wkmac

If the right to bear arms is a legitimate necessity to be an American.
Then the government should issue one of these to each one at the age of 18.
UTS 15 Shotgun - YouTube

Had the US gov't not insisted on having this type stuff built in the first place to serve it's own self interests, I wonder if America would even have the gun fetish to begin with?

DS

Fenderbender
Had the US gov't not insisted on having this type stuff built in the first place to serve it's own self interests, I wonder if America would even have the gun fetish to begin with?

I believe that, at first,this may have been a good law to keep America free.
Times change,a government chosen by the people for the people was a hard sell
way back then,and the right to own a gun was almost a necessity.
Today,not so much. wkmac, you called it a fetish,and only America and third world
countries put so much importance on your gun status.
You don't have to be a mensa member to realize that people don't kill people
usually,unless they have a gun.I think your gun laws are archaic,and should be
revised to suit the times.

trickpony1

Today,not so much. wkmac, you called it a fetish,and only America and third world

Some people think the ripple effect obama will have on our economy will cause robberies, burglaries and home invasions to increase.
You can choose to defend your loved ones and your property with a toy gun that shoots ping pong balls.
I choose not to.......

If the right to bear arms is a legitimate necessity to be an American.
Then the government should issue one of these to each one at the age of 18.
UTS 15 Shotgun - YouTube

Wow, you're just a tidal wave of unknowledgeable opinion tonight Klein.