guns

what's your point? Neither Ghandi nor MLK were in charge over here either. If you can't follow the logic of the conversation, feel free to remain silent. Nobody said anything was going to be different here. Only that the way we do things is not the only way situations have been addressed. You are correct that things will remain the same until we see fit to change them. That may include banning things that you and the NRA hold dear.

The point is you can google facts all day long about who and what has happened in the past to fortify your side of a debate that you admit yourself that " I have no idea " about. You couldn't find anything on Nobel, Roosevelt , or the Easter Bunny?

As far as keeping quiet , I'm still waiting your answer on a question I asked twice on how we should be responsible gun owners.

Guns are not something I hold dear. It's what I protect them with.

bbsam

Staff member
Wow, cash. Completely missed it...again. I didn't think it was that complicated and was asking sober about something he had posted. As far as what a responsible gun owner does, I think Brett and I have posted the same thing. Personally, though, I wouldn't give more than one chance. You have a gun stolen or lose it, I don't see how you can be considered responsible. That gun is your responsibility every hour of every day, no time off, no breaks. There are probably many many gun owners who understand that. I believe there are many who pay lip service to it and some who are reckless and irresponsible. Notice again, nothing about laws, or banning, or anything silly like that. Just an insistence on personal responsibility. And that makes me a left wing gun hating nut?! Far from it. Now if we can get past that, maybe we can get onto implementing a rational path forward...unless you insit there is no problem to begin with.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh. And I come from three generations at least of men who protected their families without guns. Part if that time in the Humboldt Park area of Chicago. They did an excellent job.

texan

Fred did the same thing with his opening paragraph and thus I followed suit. Thanks to Lew Rockwell's website, I've been reading Fred for a numbers of years now and have enjoyed. When time allows, give some of his other stuff a read because at the least, he'll for sure make you think. And even laugh too.
130101-gun_zps0cb2b2c3.jpg

Wow, CACH. Completely missed it...again. I didn't think it was that complicated and was asking sober about something he had posted. As far as what a responsible gun owner does, I think Brett and I have posted the same thing. Personally, though, I wouldn't give more than one chance. You have a gun stolen or lose it, I don't see how you can be considered responsible. That gun is your responsibility every hour of every day, no time off, no breaks.

Gasp, is that how it works? Just for guns or with every facet of life? Please enlighten me great Buddha.

Oh. And I come from three generations at least of men who protected their families without guns. Part if that time in the Humboldt Park area of Chicago. They did an excellent job.

I come from generations of men who took up arms in defense of the country and families. Not something they wanted to do rather they felt they had to. They also managed to put them back down and live their lives and raise their families responsibly.

Wow, Humbolt Park? What a war zone. Let me know when you get to a real hood like 63rd and State.

trickpony1

Due to Ruby Ridge, the National government has backed off the aggressive and proactive seizure and attack on individuals that do not represent a threat to society.

How'd that work out at Waco?
The leader of that group (David Koresh)could have been apphrended during his morning jog instead of a full scale frontal assault on the compound.
The government had a statement to make with that assault.

bbsam

Staff member
Gasp, is that how it works? Just for guns or with every facet of life? Please enlighten me great Buddha.

the subject in this case is guns. Why get overly broad in the discussion? Are you afraid that you actually agree with me or more likely have to concede that I have a point? Or are you just incapable of carrying on a conversation without being flippantly condescending?

bbsam

Staff member
I come from generations of men who took up arms in defense of the country and families. Not something they wanted to do rather they felt they had to. They also managed to put them back down and live their lives and raise their families responsibly.

Wow, Humbolt Park? What a war zone. Let me know when you get to a real hood like 63rd and State.

are you kidding me? Humboldt Park in the 70's? A white family in a Peurto Rican neighborhood? Not a nice place.

the subject in this case is guns. Why get overly broad in the discussion? Are you afraid that you actually agree with me or more likely have to concede that I have a point? Or are you just incapable of carrying on a conversation without being flippantly condescending?

Flippantly condescending? I wouldn't want to steal your routine.

As far as agreeing with you I do, on being responsible. In every aspect of ones life. Firearms is just one.

bbsam

Staff member
LOL. I was just going to amend my previous statement to suggest that you and I may have that trait in common.

BrownArmy

We should probably just get used to mass shootings.

There's not a lot of appetite for spending these days.

No one likes the Affordable Care Act, no one likes government spending for the poor (even though we've given over 1,000,000,000,000 to the banks that are too big to fail - ha, ha, jokes on us!), we've had 'austerity' for years in terms cuts to primary schools, cuts to social services, cuts to etc. etc.

We're just not willing to address many of the real problems that exist in this country, mental health being one of them.

So I propose that we just shouldn't worry about mass-shootings, because it seems that's just the cost of doing business these days.

We're not actually going to do what's necessary to address the problem, so we shouldn't complain.

Don't worry, be happy!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
then
That suggests they had a warrant. How then are they there unlawfully?

The US Marshals that murdered Sammy Weaver were approximately 1/4 of a mile from the Weavers cabin, sneaking around in the woods wearing camoflage and black masks, when they encountered Randy Weaver. Not knowing who the masked and camo-clad men were, Weaver turned and ran; a few moments later the marshals encountered Sammy Weaver and Kevin Harris who had been following the family dog from a different direction to investigate noises which they assumed were made by a deer that they intended to harvest for meat. Without any provocationt the Marhals shot and killed the Weavers dog; Sammy Weaver and Kevin Harris assumed that the shots were aimed at them, so they returned fire and a gun fight ensued that resulted in Sammy Harris and one of the marshals being killed. At no point did the marshals ever identify themselves; at no point did they simply drive up to the cabin in a marked police vehicle to serve the warrant. All they did in this case was to shoot and kill (in the back of course) a 14 year boy with no warrants for his arrest, followed shortly thereafter by a head shot on his unarmed mother who was inside the family cabin holding a baby.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
How'd that work out at Waco?
The leader of that group (David Koresh)could have been apphrended during his morning jog instead of a full scale frontal assault on the compound.
The government had a statement to make with that assault.

"We're from the government, and we're here to help you."

bbsam

Staff member
Having already established that the government was wrong in tactics, if they had a warrant then still they were not there illegally.