guns

Babagounj

Strength through joy
best-protection.jpg

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
People don't like to hear the reality, of automobiles causing more injuries and death than firearms. OK.

How about the fact.... over 100,000 people, per year, die from infections they contracted while in the hospital.

The gruesome math of hospital infections – The Chart - CNN.com Blogs

It's such a wide spread crisis.... there is even a website.

RID: How Many Infections

I will expect to see everyone at the prayer vigil tonight.

Doctors must be held accountable.... they don't have a constitutional amendment protecting them.

brett636

Oh. And I come from three generations at least of men who protected their families without guns. Part if that time in the Humboldt Park area of Chicago. They did an excellent job.

As long as you are happy with this then that is fine. Its when you use this argument to say nobody needs a gun to protect themselves is when I have a problem with it. You can't expect an 80 year old man to be able to wrestle and beat a group of young burglers/home invaders in his home or for a young 110 lb. female to be able to go toe to toe with a 220 lb. male rapist. The fact of the matter is that guns allow the defenseless a means of defense against larger, stronger predators, and to deny them that is simply not to be tolerated.

steward71

I got something over Christmas this year that I will never forget. It my be kind of a long but sorry. It is just something I felt need to be posted.

What my grandfather left me and only to be given to me at certain time. In his words:

"******,
I leave you this as a gift as to why I tell you this. I fought not only for the future of my kids but for the future of my grandchild who I knew I was going to be blessed with. I knew in my heart there would come a day when our own country and its people would forget our history and why we fight for our freedoms. When I looked at you I saw the biggest refection of myself. I write this letter to be given to you to let you know one day our country will be divided and so side track and the real issues will not be seen until it is to late. I left you this letter and this box with your father to be given to you at the age of **. The reason I pick this age is when I found myself really knowing who I was. We were blessed with 15 grandchildern and me and your grandmother watched all of you grow. But, none stood out more then you. Don't get me wrong young one I loved all of you the same but I knew you had the heart and the will to stand for your convictions. I saw you in hard times when you would not take anything from anyone, you just stated you will find a way and you always did. I knew you would never give in or give up. You went to school full time and worked 2 jobs and then on the weekends you cut my grass and got the cows feed for me when I could no longer do it.

Now I want you to open the box-I leave you my side arm from WWII. It has not been shot since 1952. It may be very vaulable one day. I leave you this because I want you know why I fought and why you should never forget your history. If you know your history then you know yourself. Always give back when you can even if it is just holding the door open for an old one like me and your grandmother. Young one for I live in you, my refection is you. I will never forget the day in Germany when we found that camp with all of those people thin with no food and the childern dead on the ground. That is the day I knew what it meant to be in a free country and knew our freedoms should never be exchanged only in our deaths and then with our deaths do we only move on to true freedom in heaven. We fight for freedom because I truly feel the United States was placed on this earth for a reason. So I leave you with this gun to say to you it is your right to have it and use it if when the time comes for you to defend your life or your country. More thing I will always be with you and I know you did not think I loved you but there was a reason I was hard with my words and belt at times. I love you, your grandfather."

This letter and gift, I say with truth pinged me so hard I had to leave the room from my family and cried like a baby. I never felt my grandfather loved me as much as the rest of the grandchildern because he was always pushing me hard and my father would say there is a reason and you will know one day. Now I do. Just wanted to share thanks for reading.

bbsam

Staff member
Show me a man that does not NEED a gun, and I'll show you a baby that doesn't NEED parents.
Thank you brett. I think that your statement would mean that the above is also incorrect. I was not the one who suggested there was only one way, that one must either need or not need a gun.

texan

I got something over Christmas this year that I will never forget. It my be kind of a long but sorry. It is just something I felt need to be posted.

What my grandfather left me and only to be given to me at certain time. In his words:

"******,
I leave you this as a gift as to why I tell you this. I fought not only for the future of my kids but for the future of my grandchild who I knew I was going to be blessed with. I knew in my heart there would come a day when our own country and its people would forget our history and why we fight for our freedoms. When I looked at you I saw the biggest refection of myself. I write this letter to be given to you to let you know one day our country will be divided and so side track and the real issues will not be seen until it is to late. I left you this letter and this box with your father to be given to you at the age of **. The reason I pick this age is when I found myself really knowing who I was. We were blessed with 15 grandchildern and me and your grandmother watched all of you grow. But, none stood out more then you. Don't get me wrong young one I loved all of you the same but I knew you had the heart and the will to stand for your convictions. I saw you in hard times when you would not take anything from anyone, you just stated you will find a way and you always did. I knew you would never give in or give up. You went to school full time and worked 2 jobs and then on the weekends you cut my grass and got the cows feed for me when I could no longer do it.

Now I want you to open the box-I leave you my side arm from WWII. It has not been shot since 1952. It may be very vaulable one day. I leave you this because I want you know why I fought and why you should never forget your history. If you know your history then you know yourself. Always give back when you can even if it is just holding the door open for an old one like me and your grandmother. Young one for I live in you, my refection is you. I will never forget the day in Germany when we found that camp with all of those people thin with no food and the childern dead on the ground. That is the day I knew what it meant to be in a free country and knew our freedoms should never be exchanged only in our deaths and then with our deaths do we only move on to true freedom in heaven. We fight for freedom because I truly feel the United States was placed on this earth for a reason. So I leave you with this gun to say to you it is your right to have it and use it if when the time comes for you to defend your life or your country. More thing I will always be with you and I know you did not think I loved you but there was a reason I was hard with my words and belt at times. I love you, your grandfather."

This letter and gift, I say with truth pinged me so hard I had to leave the room from my family and cried like a baby. I never felt my grandfather loved me as much as the rest of the grandchildern because he was always pushing me hard and my father would say there is a reason and you will know one day. Now I do. Just wanted to share thanks for reading.

I POS repped this one. Please join me in pos repping this post.

Shalom
texan

texan

BOFA Froze Assets Of Gun Manufacturer

In a Facebook post dated December 29, Sirochman wrote the following:

“My name is Joe Sirochman owner of American Spirit Arms…our Web site orders have jumped
500 percent causing our Web site e-commerce processing larger deposits to Bank of America.

So they decided to hold the deposits for further review.

“After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America, I finally got a manager in the right
department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review — her
exact words were — ‘We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet.’
BOFA Froze Assets Of Gun Manufacturer | The Lonely Conservative

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BOFA Froze Assets Of Gun Manufacturer

In a Facebook post dated December 29, Sirochman wrote the following:

“My name is Joe Sirochman owner of American Spirit Arms…our Web site orders have jumped
500 percent causing our Web site e-commerce processing larger deposits to Bank of America.

So they decided to hold the deposits for further review.

“After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America, I finally got a manager in the right
department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review — her
exact words were — ‘We believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the Internet.’
BOFA Froze Assets Of Gun Manufacturer | The Lonely Conservative

Banks do not have the "moral obligation" to tell one of their customers whether what they do for a living is right or wrong. I have several customers who have businesses that I personally do not agree with but I refrain from expressing my personal opinion and do my job.

BOA is not the only bank.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Gun Safety advocate"

Probably 99.9% of all people!!!

I don't know anyone who is NOT for gun safety.....even the bad guys don't want to shoot themselves.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"BOA is not the only bank. ....." (Upstate)

Not always true. I was having rent turn up missing in the mail from a renta property. My management co. could do direct deposit, but only dealt with BOA. I had to open a checking act. at BOA. It was the only bank.

moreluck

golden ticket member
No one, absolutely no one wants to see a crazy person have a gun.

The problem is the left or libs think all people with guns are crazy!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So bhos wants to use another E.O. .
I'll make a deal with him ; I 'll be willing to give to him one of my weapons for each piece of personal information that he now has sealed from the public view.
He wants something I value dearly , so it's only fair that he also gives up something dear to him .
I consider this to be a fair trade .