guns

moreluck

golden ticket member
“American Sniper” Author, Former Navy Seal Chris Kyle Killed Trying To Help Another Soldier
Sat Feb 02 19:40:03 PST 2013
[h=2]Famed Navy SEAL Chris Kyle slain at gun range in N. Texas[/h] A former U.S. Navy SEAL who gained recognition during the Iraq War was one of two people fatally shot southwest of Fort Worth on Saturday, KHOU 11 News has learned. view full article

R.I.P., sir, thank you for your service.

Via KHOU:
GLEN ROSE, Texas — A former U.S. Navy SEAL who gained recognition during the Iraq War was one of two people fatally shot southwest of Fort Worth on Saturday, KHOU 11 News has learned.
Sources close to the investigation identified the former SEAL as Chris Kyle, 39, author of the New York Times bestselling book, “American Sniper.”

Kyle was shot point-blank while helping another soldier who was recovering from post traumatic stress syndrome, officials said. The murders happened at a shooting range near the town of Glen Rose, about 53 miles southwest of Fort Worth.

The Erath County Sheriff’s Office issued an alert for the arrest of the suspect, who was later identified as Eddie Routh, 25. Officials warned that Routh was traveling in a Ford friend-150 pickup with large tires and rims. They said he was believed to be highly trained with military experience.

Routh was reportedly later captured in Lancaster, south of Dallas.
Investigators believe Routh, a former Marine, turned his weapon on Kyle and the second victim before fleeing the scene

BrownArmy

Not sure why the WH even released that pic of Obama 'skeet shooting'...

(I thought the point was to blast the thingy while it was up in the air...did he wait to shoot until it was just about to hit the ground? LOL.)

No one who's on the gun rights side of this argument will be assuaged by this picture, and my guess is people on the gun control side of this argument will just scratch their heads.

Sooo...what was the point?

White House releases picture of Obama shooting a gun...and everyone's confused!

Good job, boys.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

(I thought the point was to blast the thingy while it was up in the air...did he wait to shoot until it was just about to hit the ground? LOL.)

No one who's on the gun rights side of this argument will be assuaged by this picture, and my guess is people on the gun control side of this argument will just scratch their heads.

Good job, boys.

I went skeet shooting a few years back with a guy who was really into it, the range we went to had at least one launcher that shot the target from left to right at basically eye level.
I agree the release of that photo is a little odd, it's not like it's going to change anyone's opinion of the guy.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hollywood Lib Jim Carrey: Lives Of Gun Owners Aren’t “Worth Protecting”…
Anyone remember the days when Jim Carrey was funny? Yeah, me neither.

@JimCarrey
Any1 who would run out to buy an assault rifle after the Newtown massacre has very little left in their body or soul worth protecting. ;^\
7:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Lol, my Mom just got her LTC! She's looking for a carry gun, so it's off to the range next Saturday so she can try my .380.

Get her an airweight hammerless .38 snubnose revolver, like the Ruger LCR or the S&W 642. I have an LCR and its an awesome little "pocket gun". The little .380's are jam-prone and seriously lacking in stopping power, whereas a .38 snub is jam-proof and much safer for a relatively untrained person to handle under stress. My LCR is rated for +p ammo, and the 158 grain +p hollowpoints I have it stoked with will hit harder and penetrate better than any .380 round.

bbsam

Staff member

Good job, boys.
It's obvious, isn't it? They released the photo so that certain loony element in the country can insist it's a fraud or photoshopped. These are the people (not those of you here on BC of course) who increasingly show themselves to be way out of the mainstream die-hard LaPierre fans. Obama has given them another opportunity to make themselves seem silly. Politics is simple when your opponent is predictable.

bbsam

Staff member
Get her an airweight hammerless .38 snubnose revolver, like the Ruger LCR or the S&W 642. I have an LCR and its an awesome little "pocket gun". The little .380's are jam-prone and seriously lacking in stopping power, whereas a .38 snub is jam-proof and much safer for a relatively untrained person to handle under stress. My LCR is rated for +p ammo, and the 158 grain +p hollowpoints I have it stoked with will hit harder and penetrate better than any .380 round.
Get her Tae Kwon Do lessons.

bbsam

Staff member
I went skeet shooting a few years back with a guy who was really into it, the range we went to had at least one launcher that shot the target from left to right at basically eye level.
I agree the release of that photo is a little odd, it's not like it's going to change anyone's opinion of the guy.

The times I went (granted it wasn't any kind of high class club) we didn't care where the pigeon was in it's trajectory as long as it exploded in air. Some times it was cool to miss the first time so that I could use the pump action and get another shot off at it mid-air.

trickpony1

The times I went (granted it wasn't any kind of high class club) we didn't care where the pigeon was in it's trajectory as long as it exploded in air. Some times it was cool to miss the first time so that I could use the pump action and get another shot off at it mid-air.
"....as long as it exploded...."
"....cool to miss the first time...."
"....so I could use the pump action....."
"....and get another shot off....."

During this time did you feel the adrenaline rush?
Did you sweat profusely?
Did you get aroused?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Did you sweat profusely?
Did you get aroused?
Projection?

Hollywood Lib Jim Carrey: Lives Of Gun Owners Aren’t “Worth Protecting”…

Anyone remember the days when Jim Carrey was funny? Yeah, me neither.

@JimCarrey
Any1 who would run out to buy an assault rifle after the Newtown massacre has very little left in their body or soul worth protecting. ;^\
7:

Must be filming "Ace Ventura 3". He's talking out of his ass again.

bbsam

Staff member

Did you sweat profusely?
Did you get aroused?

nah. It was fun, that's all. Nothing I'd spend thousands of dollars on, but fun to kill an afternoon.