guns

island1fox

Excuse me...again. Nobody is coming for the gun owners and the sad comparison to truly oppressed people is pathetic. Don't be a D-bag.

BBSAM,

Truly Oppressed People ?????

Are you referring to Conservative Minorities ?? Or White Males ??

News Flash --we have a Black President--We have a Black Attorney General --We have a Black caucus --we have Gays on the Supeme Court--We have Gays running Homeland security etc etc etc --

Truly OPPRESSED people --hang it up !! too played out.

bbsam

Staff member
Island
you cannot seriously compare the history of minorities in this country with the current state of gun ownership. You don't really think that is accurate, do you?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Oregon is a blue state only because of the Willamette Valley. The big cities (Portland, Eugene, Salem, Albany) are pretty much liberal enclaves, the rest of the state is far more rural and conservative.

If Washington were divided East to West, Eastern would be very "red"

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What i find amazing about the "excuses" that an "armed" teacher could foil a school shooting where an AR15 or similiar assault weapon is being used, is how many people will repeat this nonsense without thinking about it.

We are to believe that an "armed" teacher, will have time to unlock the weapon from a locked desk, remove it from a locked case, load a magazine into it, ready it to fire and then take down a shooter firing volleys of bullets from a high capacity assault weapon with large clip capacity magazines in it.

No.

What we are to believe...is that an armed teacher could (a)lock the door to her classroom at the first sound of gunfire, (b) instruct her students to get beneath their desks, and (c) take a concealed position behind her own desk while covering the door with her weapon. If the bad guy kicks the door in or shoots the lock off, she takes him out. Her concealed postion gives her a tactical advantage which negates the lunatics firepower advantage. At the moment he kicks the door in, he doesnt know where she is but she knows exactly where he is.

As far as the time needed to unlock and retrieve the weapon...the answer to that is concealed carry in a secure holster. I post this video not for a gratuitous look at boobies, but to demonstrate how easy it actually is for women to safely and securely carry concealed regardless of what they wear. There are several women at my gun club who use this system. It works. A properly armed and trained teacher could make all the difference in the world the next time a lunatic shows up at a school.
FLASHBANG (BRA) HOLSTER: An Overview - YouTube

island1fox

Island
you cannot seriously compare the history of minorities in this country with the current state of gun ownership. You don't really think that is accurate, do you?

I made no such COMPARISON--???? I believe you just did. I gave you FACTS --YOU BRING UP COMPARISON ???

Just sick and tired of poor OPPRESSED people---HISTORY --your word is the past ---Can we please LIVE in the Present.

Every Minority group in History has gone through difficult times --many of those groups had to solve THEIR problems in Their own Communities.

The Irish were enslaved by the same Masters --The English Empire --came to the "new world"--with nothing-- not only found the "Irish " need not apply signs but found themselves fighting in a Civil War where many of them Died to free the slaves. In many Irish communities in the U.S --alcohol was the devil they had to rid THEMSELVES OF.

Today you and many do not like those comparisons.

Tell me they came here willingly --Great point !!

When Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation --WHICH was EXCELLENT --few people today know --that FREE TRANSPORTATION --to any former Slave would be provided to the country that the English ,Spanish and African's --yes the African's sold their own into slavery. Terrible time in the history of human beings---but it is HISTORY. They willingly stayed !!

Can we now live in the present and STOP crying about HISTORY ?:wink2:

Just like people got tired of Chicken Little yelling about the sky is falling ---After all these years of Affirmative Action --AND huge OPPORTUNITIES FOR all particularly MINORITIES ---time to face facts and reality.

island1fox

I love the way the Liberal Media is reporting Fienstein"s proposed gun legislation:

Quote " This Legislation will protect 2,200 guns" ?????

bbsam

Staff member
No, island. I did not make the comparison. I was replying to the author in sober's 5039 post. That is where the comparison was made and you seemed to attack me for taking issue with it. Keep up man!

soberups

No, island. I did not make the comparison. I was replying to the author in sober's 5039 post. That is where the comparison was made and you seemed to attack me for taking issue with it. Keep up man!

The author was simply pointing out..in a sarcastic and satirical manner...how bigoted and hypocritical "liberals" can actually be. They are all for rights and freedoms and equality until it involves something (guns) that they are ignorant and fearful of.

island1fox

Island

bbsam,

Keep up? Look at YOUR post to ME.

"YOU" cannot seriously ------ I guess the "you" you were addressing --was not me.! I can accept that !! Who is on First? Where is you ?? :happy-very: A little --Abbot and Costello.

island1fox

The author was simply pointing out..in a sarcastic and satirical manner...how bigoted and hypocritical "liberals" can actually be. They are all for rights and freedoms and equality until it involves something (guns) that they are ignorant and fearful of.

I should really lighten up today ---after this post I will have my Saturday Martini. I apologize in advance:

For example the Liberals fully support your choice to end a babies life in the womb --but will not allow you to have a choice to protect babies at school with armed guards.:dissapointed:

over9five

Staff member
I should really lighten up today ---after this post I will have my Saturday Martini. I apologize in advance:

For example the Liberals fully support your choice to end a babies life in the womb --but will not allow you to have a choice to protect babies at school with armed guards.:dissapointed:

But THEIR children are well protected by armed guards that you pay for.

soberups

What makes you think it was satirical? Sounded just mean and hateful to me.

Google "irony" and read it again.

The author is a liberal...like much like myself in many respects (pro-choice, pro-gay rights, opposes bigotry, religious extremism and censorship etc.) who is angered by the hypocracy of supposedly like-minded people when it comes to gun rights.

soberups

But THEIR children are well protected by armed guards that you pay for.

Secret Service protection for the President and his family should not be a political issue. Regardless of whether we agree or disagree with the President, I think all reasonable people would agree that he and his family are a target and must be protected. It would be nice if the President agreed that all children deserve armed protection, not just his.

bbsam

Staff member
Google "irony" and read it again.

The author is a liberal...like much like myself in many respects (pro-choice, pro-gay rights, opposes bigotry, religious extremism and censorship etc.) who is angered by the hypocracy of supposedly like-minded people when it comes to gun rights.

Archie Bunler was supposed to be satire. Problem was that the people the joke was supposed to be on simply idolized his bigotry.

trickpony1

Secret Service protection for the President and his family should not be a political issue. Regardless of whether we agree or disagree with the President, I think all reasonable people would agree that he and his family are a target and must be protected. It would be nice if the President agreed that all children deserve armed protection, not just his.

I'm told that ex-presidents get SS protection for 10 years after leaving office. I understand Barry signed an EO giving him SS protection for life.
Gosh.....I wonder why.

soberups

I'm told that ex-presidents get SS protection for 10 years after leaving office. I understand Barry signed an EO giving him SS protection for life.
Gosh.....I wonder why.
Actually...he signed that order soo that HW Bush would get protection for life.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No.

What we are to believe...is that an armed teacher could (a)lock the door to her classroom at the first sound of gunfire, (b) instruct her students to get beneath their desks, and (c) take a concealed position behind her own desk while covering the door with her weapon. If the bad guy kicks the door in or shoots the lock off, she takes him out. Her concealed postion gives her a tactical advantage which negates the lunatics firepower advantage. At the moment he kicks the door in, he doesnt know where she is but she knows exactly where he is.

As far as the time needed to unlock and retrieve the weapon...the answer to that is concealed carry in a secure holster. I post this video not for a gratuitous look at boobies, but to demonstrate how easy it actually is for women to safely and securely carry concealed regardless of what they wear. There are several women at my gun club who use this system. It works. A properly armed and trained teacher could make all the difference in the world the next time a lunatic shows up at a school.
FLASHBANG (BRA) HOLSTER: An Overview - YouTube

So, if I am too understand you, this PEA SHOOTER, worn by a school teacher under her blouse, is suppose to take down an assault weapon weilding maniac firing volleys of rounds?

Is this the magic of the NRA logic?

You couldnt possibly be serious. But then again, I guess gun owners are in fantasyland.

Peace

TOS