guns

satellitedriver

What is the background check loophole our Congress, and your president, are saying must be closed?
They proclaim we need to have the same background check for gun show sales and internet sales.
Guess what,
It is already the law of the land.
Anyone buying a weapon at a gun show must fill out a form and the gun dealer sends the info to the Federal govt., via computer, and a background search is done with a verification code approving that the buyer is not a convicted felon.
This can take 10 to 30 minutes, but it looks like Joe Blow just bought a bubba gun without the Fed's knowledge, to an uninformed observer.
Internet sales from legitimate gun sites have to follow the same rules.

I challenge any member of Congress, or any person reading my post, to go to any public gun show and buy a firearm without going through a back ground check.
Ain't gonna happen.

Here is a universal Federal back ground check for ya,
your voter registration card.

A felon loses two rights.
The right to vote and the right to possess a firearm.
Logic dictates that if they allow you to vote, then you have the right to keep and bear arms.
What stringent back ground checks does the Federal Govt. demand and perform to prevent voter fraud?

Nimnim

The Nim
What is the background check loophole our Congress, and your president, are saying must be closed?
They proclaim we need to have the same background check for gun show sales and internet sales.
Guess what,
It is already the law of the land.
Anyone buying a weapon at a gun show must fill out a form and the gun dealer sends the info to the Federal govt., via computer, and a background search is done with a verification code approving that the buyer is not a convicted felon.
This can take 10 to 30 minutes, but it looks like Joe Blow just bought a bubba gun without the Fed's knowledge, to an uninformed observer.
Internet sales from legitimate gun sites have to follow the same rules.

I challenge any member of Congress, or any person reading my post, to go to any public gun show and buy a firearm without going through a back ground check.
Ain't gonna happen.

Here is a universal Federal back ground check for ya,
your voter registration card.

A felon loses two rights.
The right to vote and the right to possess a firearm.
Logic dictates that if they allow you to vote, then you have the right to keep and bear arms.
What stringent back ground checks does the Federal Govt. demand and perform to prevent voter fraud?

Any responsible gun owner who is selling to another will see if they own a gun already, a conceal carry permit or other such things that provide proof a person is responsible if they're not selling through a dealer who provides background checks.

Some people should not have guns. Any responsible gun owner who is relinquishing their ownership to another should be able to spot someone who isn't qualified. If they don't a background check probably wouldn't either.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
In my area the only shows I am aware of require you to be a member of the club to purchase a firearm. In order to be a member you must be a CWP holder. No loophole.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I truly think it is not about background checks, and it has nothing to do with whether or not you are clean enough in your life to own one. Its not about the children, and those Newtown people have been so abused. My God they are still in shock. Totally vulnerable. Totally understandable. How totally without class is this president? Get em while they are down, to further your world order.
It is about knowing what you have, where you have it, and why you have it. Its about control. The administration would like nothing better, than to corral all of us into the inner cities, take all of our 401ks, savings and properties, quality of life, and keep us on food stamps, welfare, and Obamacare, then he and his staff can pick and choose who lives, who dies. JMHO

bbsam

Staff member
Now, after the death if a 15 year old, we find out that the chief in fact was not a "responsible, law abiding citizen".

over9five

Staff member
No, but a $1000 fine seems grossly insufficient.
Strongly agree.

How about this thought:

That was actually our gun that was left unsecured (yours, mine, the taxpayers - his duty gun). Shouldn't we demand that cops keep their (our) duty guns locked up at the police dept, and not even allow them to bring it home? Once they're off duty, I think our gun should be locked up at the police dept.

brett636

liberal-logic-101-379.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I would not have a problem with that.

You would if you lived in a rural area that relies upon the Sheriffs Department for police protection.

Sheriffs in rural areas drive their patrol vehicles home at night instead of making a long and unproductive round trip commute to a headquarters. Sheriffs in these areas are pretty much "on call" 24-7 to respond to emergencies. If you lived in a rural area and called 911, would you want to add an extra 45 minutes or an hour to the response time so that a deputy could drive 20 miles to headquarters to retrieve his duty weapon?

wkmac

Maybe it really isn't about eroding 2nd Amendment rights.

You make a good point. I mean we've not seen any erosion of the 1st, 4th and 5th amendments under some perceived or even false threat so why would anyone in their mind every dream such a crazy thing.

You would if you lived in a rural area that relies upon the Sheriffs Department for police protection.

Sheriffs in rural areas drive their patrol vehicles home at night instead of making a long and unproductive round trip commute to a headquarters. Sheriffs in these areas are pretty much "on call" 24-7 to respond to emergencies. If you lived in a rural area and called 911, would you want to add an extra 45 minutes or an hour to the response time so that a deputy could drive 20 miles to headquarters to retrieve his duty weapon?

Not that I would know such a thing firsthand :winks:but let's just say in some rural areas A LOT of the Big City rules get totally ignored. When the big city boys come around, you play the game but then once they leave life goes back to normal. You know, just like a UPS audit!
:happy-very:

BTW Sober, on April 3rd I posted a 24 minute video about 3D guns in which the ATF was asked about these guns being made and they told the film maker that one can make all the guns one likes for personal use and there is no requirement or restrictions on those guns. In other words, spec out a gun, reverse engineer and you can have 100's of your own guns all day long and as long as you don't sell the first one, that would be commerce, you are good to go.

bbsam does have a point, although I don't pretend he was thinking this way, in that the 2nd amendment speaks of arms whereas regulatory law regulates a product of commerce known as a firearm. As a former journeyman machinist (tool and die) I won't say what I'm thinking but you already know what I'm thinking!