guns

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So in your opinion, the police should have the power to arrest, handcuff and detain anyone simply for speaking their mind and refusing to shut up?

Would you feel the same way if they had arrested Rosie O'Donnel for wearing a "million mom march" T-shirt?

ON SCHOOL GROUNDS where, schools are the killing fields of the GUN FREAKS of the country, ABSOLUTELY.

We dont need any patronizing or glorifying of guns on school grounds.

If parents want to teach their kids to be the next mass shooter, do it at a private school.

Peace

TOS

oldngray

nowhere special
ON SCHOOL GROUNDS where, schools are the killing fields of the GUN FREAKS of the country, ABSOLUTELY.

We dont need any patronizing or glorifying of guns on school grounds.

If parents want to teach their kids to be the next mass shooter, do it at a private school.

Peace

TOS

Wrong. We need more guns around schools to better protect the children. From low information voter freaks.

Upsmule

Why I Carry a Gun

I don't carry a gun to kill people. I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun to scare people. I carry a gun because sometimes this world can be a scary place.

I don't carry a gun because I'm paranoid. I carry a gun because there are real threats in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil. I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the world.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government. I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry. I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone. I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed, and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun because I'm a cowboy. I carry a gun because, when I die and go to Heaven, I want to be a cowboy.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man. I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate. I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it. I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Absolutely.

Upsmule

Credit goes to my late coworker and friend. Jose Morales. 1954-2010. Thanks.

He - effing - nailed it! All this "safety first" BS.... Eff you management. "Here....do your 11hr planned day, use your hand rail and walk, and take your hour lunch that we'll dock you for whether you take it or not...and don't you dare take more than 9.5 hours to do that 11 hours worth of work or else your fired! .......

Oh yeah....and....don't forget to "expect" the unexpected! Hypocrite bastards!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Sounds familiar though I am a mechanic. I have more to look forward to now that our pension fund is going to implode. Funding has gone from 91% to 79% despite the "donation" of raises for the last two years to rehab it. Need another 2500 dues paying members to keep it afloat. Material for another thread.

Upsmule

Sounds familiar though I am a mechanic. I have more to look forward to now that our pension fund is going to implode. Funding has gone from 91% to 79% despite the "donation" of raises for the last to years to rehab it. Need another 2500 dues paying members to keep it afloat. Material for another thread.

I for one salute you my man. Holy ****** I wish management realized how VITAL a familiar truck is to us drivers. 4 more peaks and Im DONE. I remember well the days of no power steering and no automatic transmissions. Thanks for doing what you do bro!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
33kao7o.jpg

UPS Lifer

On Saturday the subject of gun control came up at a dinner party.

We were talking about being lost which led to GPS which led to a story I told about having a flat in the middle of the desert with gps and satellite SOS and STILL couldn't be found by AAA or the emergency patrol.

I was alone at twilight with a fully loaded car and an extremely limited ability to lift and carry anything over 5 pounds. I feared that the wrong person would "stop to help me". I had nothing to protect myself and really feared for my life. I decided to purchase a hand gun on return to AZ so that I would never have that feeling again. In AZ, you can purchase banana clips.

One person said I just don't understand why someone needs to have a high capacity clip?

​I really feel that if you end up having to protect yourself and you have a higher firing capacity than your would be assailant(s). You have a better chance of not firing even one round.

I would rather have the biggest capacity weapon available and watch the other person run for their life then have to fire even one round if I could avoid it.

Life to me is the most precious comodity there is, but my life, my families lives and any other law biding citizen comes first and foremost.

To hell with anyone who disagrees with that concept.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Too funny.
SAN BERNARDINO – Exactly six months after 20 children and six adults were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., a small group from Organizing for Action stood here Friday with 26 flags and signs calling for stricter gun control.

“On Flag Day growing up, I used to always wave a flag with my grandson, and it hit me that the victims of that horrible tragedy won’t ever be able to do that,” said Curtis Lewis, the group’s gun violence prevention coordinator. “We need people to stand up and write to Congress to say they want laws that respect the Second Amendment but also help prevent these tragedies.”

Lewis said he supported HR 1565, a bill that would require background checks for sales at gun shows and online, “close the gun show and other loopholes,” and create a commission to study the causes of mass violence in the United States.

The protest drew three members of Organizing for Action, a nonprofit group that supports President Barack Obama’s agenda, to the National Orange Show Events Center.

“It’s three people today, but it will be 23 next time, and we’ll see the time after that,” Lewis said.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Too funny.
SAN BERNARDINO – Exactly six months after 20 children and six adults were killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., a small group from Organizing for Action stood here Friday with 26 flags and signs calling for stricter gun control.

“On Flag Day growing up, I used to always wave a flag with my grandson, and it hit me that the victims of that horrible tragedy won’t ever be able to do that,” said Curtis Lewis, the group’s gun violence prevention coordinator. “We need people to stand up and write to Congress to say they want laws that respect the Second Amendment but also help prevent these tragedies.”

Lewis said he supported HR 1565, a bill that would require background checks for sales at gun shows and online, “close the gun show and other loopholes,” and create a commission to study the causes of mass violence in the United States.

The protest drew three members of Organizing for Action, a nonprofit group that supports President Barack Obama’s agenda, to the National Orange Show Events Center.

“It’s three people today, but it will be 23 next time, and we’ll see the time after that,” Lewis said.

The really sad part is that I am sure that those people meant well, they just dont understand that the law they are promoting wouldnt have done anything to prevent what happened at Sandy Hook or the theater in Aurora. They just want to pass a law...any law... or ban something because it makes them feel good. Their sentiment is understandable, they just dont understand the reality of what they are talking about.

bbsam

Staff member
True. But also true is the fact that the law being pushed would not have violated any bodies Second Amendment rights. A fact that was shamelessly crapped on by the LaPierre crowd. I can't even call them the NRA crowd because the NRA helped to craft the bill.