guns

oldngray

nowhere special
I would trust 80% of Americans to carry a gun, yes. The homicide rates are mostly gang related in a few large cities and not typical of the majority of the country.

You know what ?
Look who's walking the city streets, or the city malls, or maybe just your street block.
Do you really believe everyone you see is entilted to have a gun as your constitition says ?
(minus the 3-5% of population that have a criminal record)- but then again, some states don't require back ground checks, and recently by your government, they don't need checks in any state that decides not to have them.
Living in Canada, I'm totally not worried about seeing a gun pointed at me, but on the other hand, I wouldn't trust every citizen with one, either !
I'm happy with how we live, and I rather have the right to have healthcare, and any doctor I wanna see, than having the right to bear arms.

I'd be less worried about seeing one of my neighbors with a gun in their hand than I would be seeing you with your weiner in yours.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
[h=1]SSK Industries Makes Largest Center-Fire Rifle Ever, Bullets Cost $40 Each[/h]
[h=2]Ohio-based SSK Industries has produced the largest center-fire rifle in history. It is a .905 caliber which produces recoil equivalent to shooting ten .30-06 rifles at the same time.[/h] Each bullet costs $40 and comes in at a weight of 2400 grains. For comparison, the bullet fired out of an AR-15 costs .50 to .70 cents and weighs approximately 55 grains.
The rifle itself is currently being produced at a weight of about 50 pounds, but the earlier prototypes weighed in at over 100 pounds.

In a video of the rifle being shot, those working with the gun report it fires a bullet at approximately 2,100 feet per second with roughly 25,400 foot-pounds of muzzle energy. For comparison, the muzzle energy of an AR-15 is approximately 1,300 foot-pounds.
So far, SSK has only produced three of the .905 caliber rifles.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Take away all those food stamps in the future, and we shall see what happens with hungry starving people that own a gun.

They will invade Canada

Be on the lookout.... for our advance team.

1o380k.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
[h=1]SSK Industries Makes Largest Center-Fire Rifle Ever, Bullets Cost $40 Each[/h]
[h=2]Ohio-based SSK Industries has produced the largest center-fire rifle in history. It is a .905 caliber which produces recoil equivalent to shooting ten .30-06 rifles at the same time.[/h] Each bullet costs $40 and comes in at a weight of 2400 grains. For comparison, the bullet fired out of an AR-15 costs .50 to .70 cents and weighs approximately 55 grains.
The rifle itself is currently being produced at a weight of about 50 pounds, but the earlier prototypes weighed in at over 100 pounds.

In a video of the rifle being shot, those working with the gun report it fires a bullet at approximately 2,100 feet per second with roughly 25,400 foot-pounds of muzzle energy. For comparison, the muzzle energy of an AR-15 is approximately 1,300 foot-pounds.

That isnt a rifle; its a 30mm cannon!

texan

SSK Industries Makes Largest Center-Fire Rifle Ever, Bullets Cost $40 Each

Ohio-based SSK Industries has produced the largest center-fire rifle in history. It is a .905 caliber which produces recoil equivalent to shooting ten .30-06 rifles at the same time.

Each bullet costs $40 and comes in at a weight of 2400 grains. For comparison, the bullet fired out of an AR-15 costs .50 to .70 cents and weighs approximately 55 grains.

Whew.....

That has a kick.

And look at that ammo!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There is a guy at my gun club who has a Barret .50 caliber rifle. When he fires it, the concussion will knock loose objects off of adjoining benches. When he hauls that thing out most people just get up from their benches and stand behind him to watch the spectacle.

klein

Für Meno :)
Heard on the radio that the US is going to have more people hospitailized because of gun shot wounds than of car accidents.
You're almost there - in 10 States, that's already the case.
Another reason healthcare is unaffordable there !

oldngray

nowhere special
Heard on the radio that the US is going to have more people hospitailized because of gun shot wounds than of car accidents.
You're almost there - in 10 States, that's already the case.
Another reason healthcare is unaffordable there !

Not quite true. Deaths from gunshots have edged past those from car accidents but still many times more injuries from car accidents. And half the gunshot deaths are suicides.

klein

Für Meno :)
I talked about gunshot wounds, not deaths !
Or better said, more people treated from gun shot injuries, than from car accident injuries.
And btw: Do you think all of those gun related sucides would have happened ?
Those people having the guts to hang themselves, jump from a bridge or building ? - I kinda doubt that.

oldngray

nowhere special
"Heard on the radio that the US is going to have more people hospitailized because of gun shot wounds than of car accidents."

that was untrue. Fewer wounds from gunshots. And the reason cars are starting to have fewer deaths is increased vehicle safety.