guns

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I dont live in fear. Never had a gun, dont need a gun, and wont live my life fearing for my life at every corner. You can all arm yourselves to the teeth for a battle that will never come. The gun makers will enjoy spending your money.

TOS.:peaceful:

FilingBluesFL

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm not really into guns at all. It's not a hobby for me.
I carry because the area I live in really is dangerous. I can check crime reports for my zip code online. Trust me, a lot of people who wouldn't carry in the suburbs would consider carrying if they lived where I do. Over 150 murders last year in this city. I won' even get into the robberies, rapes, assaults etc. The rent is cheap though so that's a plus.

CJinx

Varies depending on what I'm wearing and where I'm going. My two easiest to conceal are an NA Arms .22 mini-revolver and a Walther PPK/S.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm not really into guns at all. It's not a hobby for me.
I carry because the area I live in really is dangerous. I can check crime reports for my zip code online. Trust me, a lot of people who wouldn't carry in the suburbs would consider carrying if they lived where I do. Over 150 murders last year in this city. I won' even get into the robberies, rapes, assaults etc. The rent is cheap though so that's a plus.

If you don't feel safe where you live wouldn't it make sense to move?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Cops shoot bystanders, charge unarmed man with shootings
Bizarre police logic has led prosecutors to hold a Brooklyn man responsible for the shooting injuries of two other people, even though the man was unarmed at the time and the police were the ones who opened fire.

The incident dates back to September, when Glenn Broadnax, a mentally disturbed man, tried to throw himself in front of traffic near Times Square. The police tried unsuccessfully to restrain the 250-pound man, and panicked when he reached for his pockets. Thinking that Broadnax was about to draw a gun, two officers shot at him. They missed, and struck two bystanders instead, according to The New York Times.

Broadnax was, in fact, unarmed. He was reaching for his wallet.

Broadnax later said that imaginary voices had instructed him to commit suicide. He was deemed sane by a police psychologist, however.

He was arrested for resisting police, drug possession and menacing behavior. But according to a recently unsealed grand jury indictment, the Manhattan district attorney is also charging Broadnax with felonious assault. He is responsible for the shootings, not the police, said Assistant District Attorney Shannon Lucey.

“The defendant is the one that created the situation that injured innocent bystanders,” said Lucey in a statement.

That explanation rings false to one of the shooting victims.

“It’s an incredibly unfortunate use of prosecutorial discretion to be prosecuting a man who didn’t even injure my client,” said Mariann Wang, lawyer for shooting victim Sahar Khoshakhlagh, in a statement. “It’s the police who injured my client.”

oldngray

nowhere special
I have a colt commander .45 or a Walther PP copy in .380. I have some full size 9's and .45's that are a little too big to carry. I need a compact 9 (an excuse to buy something new).

Catatonic

Nine Lives
ong,

Check out the Boberg XR9-S. revolutionary !!!
I have fired and it has the least recoil of any smaller conceal pistol I have shot.
I like the 6 pound pull (my SCCY has a 9 lb pull).
The rear feeding mechanism is more complicated and perhaps susceptible to wear and feed ... but allows a faster muzzle speed due to the extra length of the barrel.
The reason I did not buy ... the price. It was more than 4 times the price of my SCCY.
The SCCY has 2 10-bullet clips included and will fire with a bullet in chamber without a clip.
My spread was about the same ... an indication of my shooting abilities rather than the guns' accurateness.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Lol, kidding.

My primary carry is a Ruger P345 .45.
I also have a Beretta 92FS 9mm.
AND when I'm dressing light, or just in my speedo, I carry an AMT .380 Backup.

I have 2 older AMT .380 Backup pistols which are very concealable and decent knockdown within 10 feet which, for defensive purposes, is good.
My hands are so big and arthritis makes it hard to get a decent grouping in 3-shot practice.