guns

Johney

Pineapple King
1. It doesnt take "a few seconds" for a criminal to turn, aim a gun at you and fire it. It takes a fraction of a second at the most.

2. The "intent" of the robber was made clear enough by his decison to force an innocent person down on their knees while pointing a gun at their head.

3. There are numerous reported cases of criminals taking multiple gunshot hits to their center of mass and continuing to fight for several minutes until finally bleeding out. A criminal with a gun can still use it to kill a lot of people even if he is dying from a gunshot wound. Only in Hollywood do people drop instantly and die when hit in the chest. The only safe way to negotiate or determine the "intent" of an armed criminal is from a distance, with a bullhorn and a sniper rifle. If you are ever unfortunate enough to find yourself within feet of such a criminal and your only weapon is a handgun, you dont have the luxury of trying to determine his intent and if retreat is not an option then your survival may depend upon shooting him before he can shoot you.
Head shots eliminate most if not all of that

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What she needed was an Uzi.
I had a UZI submachine once but decided having it was not worth the risk.
I had an AK-47 for awhile, and sold it last winter for a tidy profit when the demand for "black rifles" was at its highest. I used the money to upgrade to a Ruger Mini Thirty in stainless steel. Much nicer gun, more accurate, and it uses the same 7.62x39 ammo that I had stockpiled for my AK.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Agreed. Shot one of the scumbags too.

The only way you can describe people like this....

"Steven Hagood, 33, who was shot during the incident, was served with warrants for murder and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, according to the sheriff's office.

Tereba Geer, 26, and Bradacious Galloway, 23, were also arrested in connection with the shooting and both were charged with murder, deputies said."

Cowards.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My son and I were in Albany for a few days to celebrate Thanksgiving with my daughter and son in law. We went to Crossgates Mall yesterday because my daughter wants to buy a shotgun for her husband for Christmas. My son and I were both "blown away" (pun intended) by this and it made for an interesting discussion during lunch.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I saw and ad today for a semiauto pistol and there was a note that it was not available in 9mm in Colorado. What is this? 40 S&W is apparently OK.

Possibly because the 9mm version of the gun takes more than 10 rounds, which may now be in violation of Colorado law. 40's are bigger than 9's so magazine capacity in a 40 is usually 1 or 2 rounds less compared to an equally sized gun chambered in 9.

brett636

NYC Alarms With Notice "Immediately Surrender Your Rifle"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/28/nyc-alarms-notice-immediately-surrender-your-rifle/

Ah, where are those members who keep telling us no-one is coming for your guns?

Wake the friend up!

It is interesting that the man who told us if we like our plan we can keep our healthcare plans has also stated that he isn't coming after our firearms. Wouldn't you agree with me that is reasonable to assume both were lies?

over9five

Staff member
It is interesting that the man who told us if we like our plan we can keep our healthcare plans has also stated that he isn't coming after our firearms. Wouldn't you agree with me that is reasonable to assume both were lies?
Of course they were. Too bad the media won't do their jobs and expose these lies.

Marne Vet

Of course they were. Too bad the media won't do their jobs and expose these lies.

Come on, seriously? This isn't an Obama thing, or even a Federal thing. This is at the City level. It's not even at the State level! ugh. Every State has different gun laws, and change them from time to time regardless if there's a white President, or a Black one, a Democratic one, or a Republican one. Stop with this fear mongering BS. I love how the link is from a right-wing Conservative website. Biased much? This is why I vote Independent. I can't stand the ridiculous crap both sides put out. I open carry in my city, and no one is coming to take my gun, and before you reply with "yet", this sort of fear mongering propaganda has been going on for a hundred years. Even longer! If the last idiot that sent me to War didn't take away my gun, the one in office right now won't either.

brett636

Come on, seriously? This isn't an Obama thing, or even a Federal thing. This is at the City level. It's not even at the State level! ugh. Every State has different gun laws, and change them from time to time regardless if there's a white President, or a Black one, a Democratic one, or a Republican one. Stop with this fear mongering BS. I love how the link is from a right-wing Conservative website. Biased much? This is why I vote Independent. I can't stand the ridiculous crap both sides put out. I open carry in my city, and no one is coming to take my gun, and before you reply with "yet", this sort of fear mongering propaganda has been going on for a hundred years. Even longer! If the last idiot that sent me to War didn't take away my gun, the one in office right now won't either.

Pull your head out of the sand. The only thing stopping this President from total gun confiscation is a lack of votes for it in Congress. The minute he realizes he has the simple majority needed to get it through(don't think they won't amend the filibuster rule to cover legislation too) it would get rammed through Congress and signed into law on some quiet holiday night. The worst part is it will probably be some 1000+ page bill that covers so many aspects of our lives that we won't know whats in it till it gets passed making it nearly impossible to detect the erosion of our god given rights by this tyrannical government.

Marne Vet

Pull your head out of the sand. The only thing stopping this President from total gun confiscation is a lack of votes for it in Congress. The minute he realizes he has the simple majority needed to get it through(don't think they won't amend the filibuster rule to cover legislation too) it would get rammed through Congress and signed into law on some quiet holiday night. The worst part is it will probably be some 1000+ page bill that covers so many aspects of our lives that we won't know whats in it till it gets passed making it nearly impossible to detect the erosion of our god given rights by this tyrannical government.

This is funny. Where was this sort of fear mongering BS when Bush ran the economy into the ground by forcing us into two wars, one illegally? Stop with the blatant hate. The same can be said of the Republicans, and the stupid :censored2: they've done recently. Obama, or the next President, won't be taking away our guns. ***********

Last edited by a moderator:

brett636

This is funny. Where was this sort of fear mongering BS when Bush ran the economy into the ground by forcing us into two wars, one illegally? Stop with the blatant hate. The same can be said of the Republicans, and the stupid :censored2: they've done recently. Obama, or the next President, won't be taking away our guns. ***********

Ah yes, the old Bush mantra. Bush couldn't get away with half of the things this President does regularly. I don't disagree that this President most likely won't be attempting mass confiscation of firearms, but give him a pathway to do it and it will come a lot faster than many might think.