guns

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Cops shoot bystanders, charge unarmed man with shootings
Bizarre police logic has led prosecutors to hold a Brooklyn man responsible for the shooting injuries of two other people, even though the man was unarmed at the time and the police were the ones who opened fire.

“The defendant is the one that created the situation that injured innocent bystanders,” said Lucey in a statement.

That explanation rings false to one of the shooting victims.

“It’s an incredibly unfortunate use of prosecutorial discretion to be prosecuting a man who didn’t even injure my client,” said Mariann Wang, lawyer for shooting victim Sahar Khoshakhlagh, in a statement. “It’s the police who injured my client.”

I always found this logic to be a bit weird myself.
A more common application of this logic is when the police wreck and kill themselves or someone else in a police chase.
They charge the person fleeing police with homicide because of poor police judgment or driving abilities.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-blaster-to-be-auctioned-off/?intcmp=features

blaster%20star%20wars.jpg

It looks like they modified a broomhandle mauser
It is. Notice the Stormtroopers have modified MG42s.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I always found this logic to be a bit weird myself.
A more common application of this logic is when the police wreck and kill themselves or someone else in a police chase.
They charge the person fleeing police with homicide because of poor police judgment or driving abilities.
Had it similarly applied to mysef and riding buddies by an annoyed Deputy Dawg. He was going off on us about how dangerous it was for him to chase us for miles down that twisty highway.

island1fox

The lightest and smallest .45 ACP concealed carry pistol is the Doubletap Tactical.
Also will not give you sticker shock--switchable 9mm or .45 ACP Barrel--downside --2 shot with 2 spare rounds in the Grip.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The lightest and smallest .45 ACP concealed carry pistol is the Doubletap Tactical.
Also will not give you sticker shock--switchable 9mm or .45 ACP Barrel--downside --2 shot with 2 spare rounds in the Grip.
It depends on the size of your hands and finger length but the smaller conceal guns were just to small for my hands.
I found I needed a width of at least 1 inch to fit right in my hand.
The SCCY is a double stack clip and the width on it is 1.2 inches.
My feeling on pistols are the same as for cameras ... pick the one that feels better in your hands.

oldngray

nowhere special
I had a Star compact .45 that was good but heavy. Also gave that to son. I don't like the trigger on that Smith & Wesson SD9 VE. I like Smiths but all I have are full sized ones (686, 645, K-22). The Doubletap Tactical is interesting but I want more than 2 shots readily available.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got my Glock discount coupon in the mail today. I joined the Glock Shooting Sports Foundation for a $60 2-year membership last November. Once a year, I get a discount coupon that lets me buy a Glock for about $20 over the Blue List law enforcement officer price. Its a good deal if you like Glocks, I saved about $80 when my wife bought my 23 last Christmas.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I had a Star compact .45 that was good but heavy. Also gave that to son. I don't like the trigger on that Smith & Wesson SD9 VE. I like Smiths but all I have are full sized ones (686, 645, K-22). The Doubletap Tactical is interesting but I want more than 2 shots readily available.
Same pull on the trigger in my SCCY CPX-2.
I like a 6 pound pull better.

wayfair

swollen member
It depends on the size of your hands and finger length but the smaller conceal guns were just to small for my hands.
I found I needed a width of at least 1 inch to fit right in my hand.
The SCCY is a double stack clip and the width on it is 1.2 inches.
My feeling on pistols are the same as for cameras ... pick the one that feels better in your hands.

there's a guy here on a local forum that has a Para p10-45 for good deal... that might be fun to try