guns

M

MenInBrown

I dont buy into the fear peddling of the NRA or the right wing. You see Rain, I am smart enough to figure these things out for myself. Will you say the same thing in 2016 if a republican is elected?

Will the government still be too big and arming up for the epic battle between old white guys with guns and the government forces??

Cmon man, dont be so gulible.

TOS.

Rainman

Its all good.
TOS, I don't trust either party. They are both looking out for the interests of their parties, not for the citizens of our nation. In order to remain in power, they need to control the masses, which means you and me and everyone else. If you trust someone hundreds of miles away that you have never met to control your life, then maybe it's you who are being gullible. The NRA and other independent groups are fighting to maintain individual rights, while the government is trying to take away individual rights in order to more easily control us, under the guise of protecting us. It's not hard for me to decide whose interests most closely parallel my own. I call this thinking for myself.

Rainman

Its all good.
I dont buy into the fear peddling of the NRA or the right wing. You see Rain, I am smart enough to figure these things out for myself. Will you say the same thing in 2016 if a republican is elected?

Will the government still be too big and arming up for the epic battle between old white guys with guns and the government forces??

Cmon man, dont be so gulible.

TOS.
Why bring race into it? Don't you think people of color care about defending their freedoms just as much as whites?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In wake of Newtown massacre, Mass. panel recommends that state gun laws be tightened
More than a year after the school shootings in Newtown, Conn., a panel of academic experts today released a long-awaited report recommending that Massachusetts tighten its gun laws, which are already considered among the toughest in the country.

The panel made 44 recommendations, including that Massachusetts join a national mental health database for screening potential gun owners, that it beef up firearms training requirements, and that it eliminate Class B gun licenses, which are seldom used.
It recommended that the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association help define a series of factors that could be used to prohibit “unsuitable persons” from acquiring firearms. The panel said the current process allows local law enforcement officials too much discretion to determine whether a person is suitable to be granted a license to carry.

It also said Massachusetts should require anyone wanting to purchase a hunting rifle or a shotgun to pass those standards of suitability. That could allow local police chiefs to deny gun purchases to people who have been arrested, but not convicted, of a crime.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In wake of Newtown massacre, Mass. panel recommends that state gun laws be tightened
More than a year after the school shootings in Newtown, Conn., a panel of academic experts today released a long-awaited report recommending that Massachusetts tighten its gun laws, which are already considered among the toughest in the country.

The panel made 44 recommendations, including that Massachusetts join a national mental health database for screening potential gun owners, that it beef up firearms training requirements, and that it eliminate Class B gun licenses, which are seldom used.
It recommended that the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association help define a series of factors that could be used to prohibit “unsuitable persons” from acquiring firearms. The panel said the current process allows local law enforcement officials too much discretion to determine whether a person is suitable to be granted a license to carry.

It also said Massachusetts should require anyone wanting to purchase a hunting rifle or a shotgun to pass those standards of suitability. That could allow local police chiefs to deny gun purchases to people who have been arrested, but not convicted, of a crime.

Sounds like a great start. Now if only all gun owners had to submit to some form of pyscological testing, and if they fail for a personality disorder, then all their guns taken away that would save peoples lives.

TOS.

Rainman

Its all good.
Sounds like a great start. Now if only all gun owners had to submit to some form of pyscological testing, and if they fail for a personality disorder, then all their guns taken away that would save peoples lives.

TOS.
And who would be the judge, who determines the standards? Without concrete, measurable data anyone could arbitrarily make any kind of decision they wanted. Sounds good In theory, but hard to do fairly in practice.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
According to the recently released 2012 FBI crime stats, last year there were 12,765 murders. Of those, 322 used a rifle ( 2.5 percent ) .
Restricting access to rifles will not make us safer, but it will make us less free.
Even more concerning is that as a society, we have willingly accepted the premise that we should have to justify exercising our Constitutional rights.
Those rights are not granted to us; we are born with them
We do not have to prove we need them; we inherently have them.
We are born with them, the Constitution protects them, and it’s the primary function of our government to uphold our Constitution.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
It's been PROVEN that our strict state laws have not done anything to curb gun violence. It's actually done the opposite.

"Since 1998, gun crime in Massachusetts has gotten worse, not better. In 2011, Massachusetts recorded 122 murders committed with firearms, the Globe reported this month — “a striking increase from the 65 in 1998.” Other crimes rose too. Between 1998 and 2011, robbery with firearms climbed 20.7 percent. Aggravated assaults jumped 26.7 percent.

Relative to the rest of the country, or to just the states on its borders, Massachusetts since 1998 has become a more dangerous state. Economist John Lott, using FBI crime data since 1980, shows how dramatic the contrast has been. In 1998, Massachusetts’s murder rate equaled about 70 percent of the rate for Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and New York. Now it equals 125 percent of that rate."

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
o-coming-4-guns-again.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
USPS announces giant ammo purchase
The U.S. Postal Service is currently seeking companies that can provide “assorted small arms ammunition” in the near future.
On Jan. 31, the USPS Supplies and Services Purchasing Office posted a notice on the Federal Business Opportunities website asking contractors to register with USPS as potential ammunition suppliers for a variety of cartridges.

“The United States Postal Service intends to solicit proposals for assorted small arms ammunition,” the notice reads, which also mentioned a deadline of Feb. 10.

Including mass purchases by the Dept. of Homeland Security, non-military federal agencies combined have purchased an estimated amount of over two billion rounds of ammunition in the past two years.

Additionally, the U.S. Army bought almost 600,000 Soviet AK-47 magazines last fall, enough to hold nearly 18,000,000 rounds of 7.62x39mm ammo which is not standard-issue for either the U.S. military or even NATO.

It would take a Lockheed Martin C-5 Galaxy, one of the largest cargo aircraft in the world, two trips to haul that many magazines.

A month prior, the army purchased nearly 3,000,000 rounds of 7.62x39mm ammo, a huge amount but still only 1/6th of what the magazines purchased can hold in total.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Isn't Mass. such a great place to live .
A gun safety panel has come up with 44 new ideas to make everyone safer, including an idea to deny anyone who was ever arrested , but not convicted to be prevented from ever getting an FID card .
Now isn't that a swell idea , but wait .
In this state anyone can be a foster parent , including people with convictions ranging from misdemeanors to felonies .
Around 9% ( 475 of 5730 ) of the total foster homes have adults with criminal records living in the home .

Ouch

Why I Don't Carry a Gun

I don't carry a gun as I don't feel the need to do so.

I don't carry a gun because where I live there is no need to do so.

I don't carry a gun because there are no real threats in my world.

I don't carry a gun because I have chosen to live in an area where guns are not needed.

I don't carry a gun because I don't want to spend the rest of my life living in fear.

I don't carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Some may call me naive, some may call me foolish, but I don't carry a gun, will never carry a gun, and I do not feel like I am less of a man or person for not doing so. I do feel sorry for those of you who live in areas where this is a concern in your lives. These beliefs are mine and, yes, they were formed as the result of a tragedy in my family. I do respect the rights of others in respect to firearms--I only ask that you respect mine. Dave.
Because people that mean you harm only mess with people that live in certain areas.