guns

oldngray

nowhere special
Sure. I can't believe it doesn't already. How can a bunch of black guys with automatic weapons not scare and intimidate white people but five black kids playing loud music can? Weirdos.

The black kids with music is a completely different issue. But Holder dropped the charges and refused to prosecute the blacks who were intimidating voters at the polls was my point. It is a double standard and laws should be applied equally to all regardless of race.

bbsam

Staff member
The black kids with music is a completely different issue. But Holder dropped the charges and refused to prosecute the blacks who were intimidating voters at the polls was my point. It is a double standard and laws should be applied equally to all regardless of race.
well if the weapons aren't concealed, was a crime committed?

oldngray

nowhere special
well if the weapons aren't concealed, was a crime committed?

That guy had no right to shoot those kids over music in my opinion but the facts of that case are unclear. Such as the teens drove away from the scene then came back, so it is possible they did have a weapon they ditched someplace. Even if they had a weapon I don't think that guy should have shot them but again, I was not talking about that case at all. I was referring to voter suppression by any race.

bbsam

Staff member
That guy had no right to shoot those kids over music in my opinion but the facts of that case are unclear. Such as the teens drove away from the scene then came back, so it is possible they did have a weapon they ditched someplace. Even if they had a weapon I don't think that guy should have shot them but again, I was not talking about that case at all. I was referring to voter suppression by any race.
Just read up on it. Seems weak. If I'm white and voting, how do those jackasses know who I'm voting for? How can I be intimidated by someone with no power? What force can they possibly exert? A black person in the same position being harassed by neo-Nazis has far more reason to fear retribution. That may not be fair, but it is history.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sure. I can't believe it doesn't already. How can a bunch of black guys with automatic weapons not scare and intimidate white people but five black kids playing loud music can? Weirdos.
I think he means a couple of black panthers with bats or billy clubs.....the only note in that music is intimidation.

Rainman

Its all good.
I would say a better defense against an angry lynch mob would be swift and aggressive prosecution of such acts. If there is ever a place where deterrence works, that would be it.
If I was the one being lynched, I would rather have the gun to protect myself than to have someone prosecuted after they kill me. The way the court system and government work, the lynch mob would probably get off, especially if they claimed to be incited by a obscure video on YouTube.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
If I was the one being lynched, I would rather have the gun to protect myself than to have someone prosecuted after they kill me. The way the court system and government work, the lynch mob would probably get off, especially if they claimed to be incited by a obscure video on YouTube.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Well lynchings didn't end because blacks suddenly armed themselves so I'm probably more right than you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
ok4lg4.jpg

Nimnim

The Nim
Are you really saying that gun rights and civil rights are on an equal footing? That someone being required to show identification before purchasing a firearm is of the same scale as blacks being lynched for trying to vote? That's a stretch.

As far as amendments of the constitution? Yes they are on equal footing there. I don't have a problem with someone being required to show id to buy a gun much like I don't have a problem with people having to show an id to vote. I actually find it as more of a financial hardship to buy a gun in many places since they require permits or classes to be able to purchase handguns or even rifles in some areas which can end up costing hundreds of dollars in classes and training, at least once. Versus paying $20 to get a drivers license, or less for an id card used for a lot of things, much like a valid state id is required to purchase a gun or ammunition in possibly every state. I know I had to show my photo id, drivers license, at Walmart to buy ammo before, though last time I went to vote, 2012, they asked for my name and to present my id but they didn't look at it for more than a second and it never left my hand.

Edit: And before anyone asks why I didn't vote last year I'm in unincorporated county area and the county didn't have anything to vote on in 2013 that I cared about. On top of that I don't have a party affiliation so I can't vote in primaries for Dem or Rep here.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Well lynchings didn't end because blacks suddenly armed themselves so I'm probably more right than you.

I would hazard a guess that about 99.9% of all black lynch mob victims were unarmed when they died. The other .1% at least had the satisfaction of knowing they went down fighting.

Rainman

Its all good.
I would hazard a guess that about 99.9% of all black lynch mob victims were unarmed when they died. The other .1% at least had the satisfaction of knowing they went down fighting.
The people who are picked in and harassed are the ones who can't or don't defend themselves. If someone knows you're going to stand up and fight, they're much more likely to find an easier target.

Sent using BrownCafe App