guns

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Where do you live that you have to prepare like this?

What a world of difference between how you live and how i live.

TOS.
You choose to live in a gated community and to rely upon the police and a nanny-state government to protect you and keep you safe.

He chooses to rely upon himself for those things, as do I.

Different strokes for different folks.

oldngray

nowhere special
If you saw a picture of my gun collection you would laugh your ass off (I don't own any guns).

Sent using BrownCafe App
arrackcat.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its not a question of "having" to prepare. Just having the right to do so. What a difference is the world of your imagination.

Old, I just cant imagine the level of "fear" in your mind or anyone else's mind to prepare themselves to start with a pistol, work their way to a shotgun, then a rifle to defend themselves in the home.

This sounds like you live in the inner south side of chicago.

Any chance you live off Harlem street in Chi Town?

As for me, this scenario sounds completely ridiculous. I would rather hire a moving company and get a better realtor and protect my family by living in an area where thoughts like this are nothing more than kooky imaginations.

TOS.

oldngray

nowhere special
Old, I just cant imagine the level of "fear" in your mind or anyone else's mind to prepare themselves to start with a pistol, work their way to a shotgun, then a rifle to defend themselves in the home.

This sounds like you live in the inner south side of chicago.

Any chance you live off Harlem street in Chi Town?

As for me, this scenario sounds completely ridiculous. I would rather hire a moving company and get a better realtor and protect my family by living in an area where thoughts like this are nothing more than kooky imaginations.

TOS.

Again fear has nothing to do with it. You must live in constant fear if that is always your first response to a situation. I just like being prepared and use my right to do so. And I do live in an almost crime free area. I can't even remember the last time any crime was committed nearby. Probably safer here than in your gated community full of people like you.

MAKAVELI

Again fear has nothing to do with it. You must live in constant fear if that is always your first response to a situation. I just like being prepared and use my right to do so. And I do live in an almost crime free area. I can't even remember the last time any crime was committed nearby. Probably safer here than in your gated community full of people like you.
Maybe you're just getting ready for the zombie apocalypse or Armageddon. Do you have a doomsday bunker fully stocked with supplies for 5 years. I mean, you can never be too prepared.;)

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

FEAR has everything to do with it. How anyone can equal a doomsday scenario without fear is beyond imagination.

Saying that FEAR isnt your motivator is just silly at best.

TOS.

Rainman

Its all good.
depends on the number of guns owned.

One pistol and some rounds, in my opinion, normal. On the other hand, a closet full of weapons that will never be fired in self defense, well, thats just plain crazy.

TOS.
Some people buy guns as an investment. Real estate is no longer a reliable investment as it once was. People are turning to other avenues. I once delivered to a man hob ought wine as an investment. He had one bottle that he paid $35 for and was valued at $250.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

overflowed

Thinking of picking this up as a home defense shotgun. Anyone have any experience with the keltec ksg?

b_ad06f8357508a9b2087e460442307fb1DSC03535.jpg
1000 bones for a shotty? Cool but overpriced. I have shot one and I think switching the barrels is a little complicated for real world defense use. If you ever had to use this to defend your family you would be sweating, pupils dilated, wife and kids screaming and crying at you. Will you remember to switch from the rock salt shot to the buck?
Hell you can buy a used 870 for 200-250 on armslist and I will bet it only has less than a hundred rounds shot through it. People rarely shoot shotguns unless they are hunting or shooting skeet. Most people that are into that stuff buy auto shotguns anyway. Who the hell wants to go to work with a sore shoulder? Add what you like and have money left over to build an AR or whatever.
I load my 870 with 6 shells. First 2 coming out will be bird shot, then 2 #4 buck, and if that doesn't do it I keep 2 00 buck or 1 00 buck and then a slug.

Last edited: